W Atlanta - Midtown
US$588
US$473
US$462
1,531 results
All reviewspiedmont parkwhiskey parkbliss spabliss productsmodern hotelfloor to ceiling windowslobby barfood courtbusiness tripvalet servicemidtownhipconciergeuberatlmarta
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'd give this place a 3.5 stars. It's pretty typical of the 2nd best W in a city. It has the W flare in the lobby space and marketing, with small, dark, somewhat depressing rooms. As with other city W's, the views from the room are really nice. The surrounding area is good if you're there for work and have an office in walking distance. There are also a handful of restaurants nearby, so you can get by without a car.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff here was excellent from the valet to the front desk to the girl on the phone that took my wake up calls. The self parking was confusing and scary. There is no direct route from the deck in to the hotel. You have to exit the deck on the main level and then enter the front door of the hotel. The hotel was Dark and loud in the lobby, I felt like I was in one of those teenage store like Hollister where you can't here yourself think. The room was ok. It was also too dark to read. I have decent eyesight. only wear 1.5x readers but I could not see a thing in the room or the lobby because it was so dim. The comforter and duvet were dirty from previous uses. The sheets were clean. The furniture in the room was badly beaten up like a party had occurred in my very room the night before. I am doubtful that I would stay here again if there is something else available. They seemed like they were trying to hard to be hip and trendy and for the young 20 something crowd it was working. But for that kind of money I do not want to stay in t a party place. I want a quiet retreat. This was not that. I only stayed because of a priceline deal. The kind where they tell you the name of the hotel until you pay. I would recommend this hotel only to my youngest brother who still loves a party.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Heidi B
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hello Heidi B.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We have shared this feedback with our Style team and please know they hate hearing things like this. They take great pride in insuring rooms are properly ready for occupancy and apologize we didn't have it done for your visit. We do hope you will give us another chance so we can be more of a "hit" on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The best part of staying in this hotel are the bliss products. I made the reservation for 2 rooms. When we checked in they needed to do the check in separately. Asking for my credit card twice. We asked how to get internet and she told us there was a charge. We then asked about Trace restaurant in the hotel and if there was a coupon to go there. She said no. The restaurant is brand new and they should attempt to promote it. The rooms are okay. Way too much snacks and alcohol and expensive water all over the room. They do give you a bottle of dasani for free. The room needs to be painted. The last night we asked another woman at check in how much the Internet is and she said its free. Just dont click on high speed cause then they charge you. When i was about to throw out my key after i checked out i noticed a coupon for a free cocktail at Trace restaurant. I think they need to train the staff at the front desk much better.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adrianne33458

Hello Adrianne33458.
We are so sorry to have had this experience happen to you. We have shared this feedback with our team so they can use this as a learning opportunity. We do hope you will visit us again. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

As soon as I walked to the front door where the valet people were standing, these two gentlemen made an offensive remark which I will not state on here. As we got to the front desk to check into our room, the guy said our name wasn't in the computer. We called earlier that morning to book the hotel but the lady that picked up the phone seemed as if she was in a rush so she had spelt our name wrong. Soooo, that whole process took us a while to get our room. The people at the front desk were "okay" didn't really welcome us to the hotel. I don't know if I'll be staying here again. The Hilton has better service & are more welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MrsAnonymous904
WAtlantaMidtownGM, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hello M
Thank you for your feedback. We were disappointed to hear of your experience that you had with our talent. We would love to get more specific information so please reach out to us at GMWAtlanta.Midtown@WHotels.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Kelly Snyder- Hotel Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I wanted to stay at the W midtown for so long based on the pics and the semi-good reviews. I prepaid for a wonderful room and arrived july 3. I came a little after 7pm and the front desk woman that helped me I believe her name was Sadia had no customer service skills what so ever. She asked my name and for my card for incidentals. Never said anything about the amount being held. Just swiped the card and handed it back to me. Never said "have a great stay" or introduced herself for future reference. She got my keys in the package and handed it to me and that was it. This is my 1st stay at the W and she never asked so of course going on the elevator I had to be told by other guest how the key cards worked for each floor.. House keeping was very slow. I called down and requested a extra towel and no one came for an hour. I called back and complained and about 20 minutes later a guy came and gave me towels and a sheet. House keeping never actually came to my room and cleaned that night what so ever. I had to just leave the used towels/wash cloths on the floor by the door. The shower does not drain well and nor does the sink. .. The room itself was a 3/10 and the only good part was the bed. Trace is okay, I had their wings which were good. The whiskey bar was good and the bartenders were great. Probably the only highlight of my stay. Overall I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. They failed in more areas then one and for $200+ a night that was unacceptable. I had a better experience at the hilton which was way cheaper.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank JANICE D
WAtlantaMidtownGM, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hello Janice D.
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We would love to speak to you in more detail as we are always looking to improve and make things better for our hotel guests. Please email us at GMWAtlanta.Midtown@WHotels.com. We look forward to hearing from you.