“lot of info!”

Ranked #14 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Carter Presidential Library and Museum re-opens October 1, 2009 as an all-new,state-of-the-art museum tracing the life and work of President Jimmy Carter, from his childhood in Plains to the work he and Mrs. Carter do around the world to promote peace and health.
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Went to the Presidential Library, no time to go to the Center. Location is on a bus line, pamphlet has good directions. SO MUCH to READ! I lived through this part of history...did I miss it? or too busy to notice it! As I went through the museum, I kept asking myself, did that really happen then? Great timeline & exhibits. Highly recommend, a don't miss attraction!

1  Thank SirPenLadyGwen

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I always find these president museums fascinating. This goes through the story of his life including after his presidency since he is still active.

1  Thank Margaret C
Reviewed 27 January 2014

enjoyed the museum, especially the White House china exhibit. had a difficult time driving to the museum. GPS does not show the street it is located on to be one-way, so we had to find out way around the park to the correct entrance. almost left without going to the museum. but, glad we did. well worth the trip.

1  Thank Barb M
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We've been to the Reagan, Nixon, Kennedy, Johnson, and Sr. Bush Museums previously and, although we enjoyed the Carter Museum immensely, I would rate it as my least favorite of the ones we have been to. I think part of it may relate to the fact that less of historical interest (at least for me) happened during his presidency than during any of the other of the above presidents. That said, it still has immense value and is well worth a visit.

I find that the combination of artifacts, films, pictures, etc. available at the museums, and the wealth of information, helps me to understand and appreciate the world during that time period more than any other activity I have done.

The museum does focus quite a bit on Carter's activities after the presidency and in that respect, his activities surpass all of the others above. It was fun to see his Grammy and Nobel Peace Prize and the movie is well-worth viewing.

2  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Seeing a Presidential Library, and I've seen several of them, is always a thrill. This one is very large, and covers many facets of Carter's life, his childhood, military experience, family, and his Presidency. Many artifacts on display, and a replica of the Oval Office and how it looked during is Presidency are included. Nice grounds inside a park in central Atlanta. Highly recommend you allow 3 hours for this visit.

1  Thank vlichadan

Been to Jimmy Carter Library & Museum? Share your experiences!