“love taking home an entree...........”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 4,038 Restaurants in Atlanta
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Cumberland
Cross street: Cobb Parkway
Reviewed 15 March 2014

It,s been awhile since I ate at Maggianos. Decided to go for a late lunch/early dinner. I was just a few days away from taking a vacation and didnt want to go grocery shopping but the refrig was looking a bit empty.
So, I had one of their classic pasta dishes. It's a feature that allows you to order one entree to eat there and order another to take home for another meal. But first let me tell you about the salad I had. I always alternate between the chopped salad and their yummy spinach. Either will have you smiling. Today I ordered the chopped salad. As always it did not disappoint! Loaded with blue cheese and all kinds of goodies.

For my entree I ordered the eggplant. It was good but not great. First the order was huge. Made me wish I hadnt already helped myself to their wonderful bread, The only reason I say it was good not great is that it seemed to have too much sauce on the eggplant and accompaning pasta. Also I found big chunks of garlic in the sauce, To me a big no no, even though I love garlic.
Looking at the clock I realized I had time to spare before Marta Mobiility returned. So, ordered coffee and two of their mini deserts that are under $3. Well, HUGE MISTAKE. I should have only ordered ONE desert! They were not mini. I was expecting a shot glass portion. Not! I enjoyed the creme brulee. It was lovely. I also had the tiramusu. It also was great but by this time I had to have it boxed up. NO room!

And by the way the COFFEE was outstanding! Goodness, I would love to have a cup of this every afternoon around 3:00!

For my take home entree I ordered the Baked Ziti with sausage.It was perfect. I enjoyed it last evening while watching TV and enjoying a glass of wine. Perfect Frday evening! Thank you Maggianos!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Tasty. Affordable. Decent atmosphere. Great service. I got the salmon in lemon butter sauce. Not quite as good as they make it at Maggiano's in Annapolis where I live, but enjoyable nonetheless. Waiter was kind and attentive, not intrusive. Would definitely dine there again.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We hadn't made a reservation but didn't wait long for a table. While we were waiting I noticed that everyone was carrying a 'take-out' bag as they were leaving the restaurant, I thought this was strange that everyone was doing it but soon learned that they were offering and extra take-home portion of any pasta ordered that evening! Wow, now thats what I call double value for money. The food was excellent, service quick and friendly and the check didn't break the bank! Very enjoyable!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The service was very good and very quick for a shutdown restaurant, but we never felt rushed.

The flatbread is delicious as is the manicotti. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Visiting my son and his wife, we usually try a couple of new places each time we visit from the UK, this year Maggianos was one of those (Atlanta Fish Market the other also reviewed was the other). Both were excellent choices. Even for the ladies , who are plain eaters, Maggianos had something nice. Luckily we had booked but still had a little wait nothing unacceptable though. When we were shown to our table we were immediately greeted by a jolly young waiter sporting a Dali like beard and tash, good start, we had a talking point! The menu was pretty comprehensive and well presented, we decided to share starters, Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms and Breaded Mozerella, it was plenty for the 4 of us. My memory fails me as to everyone's main course choice however my Parmesan Crusted Tilapia was superb and huge in terms of portion. Although well sated by our Italian feast we did squeeze in shared sweets, my wife and I shared a large Creme Brûlée with Strawberries, the kids had the largest Chocolate Mint Cake I have ever seen, naturally the ubiquitous "Go Box" was required. Not for the Brûlée though. Another excellent meal on our US excursion. I have seen one or two poor reviews but cannot echo them. Good service, good food and good atmosphere?