“Staff is great”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fairfax, Virginia
“Staff is great”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I love this hotel. The staff is extremely helpful and they definitely go out of their way to ensure your stay is enjoyable! Hotel definitely has a wave nouveau feeling - very chic and modern. The MARTA (Atlanta’s equivalent to the subway) is less than a ½ mile away and you access a number of ATL attractions via the MARTA. I’d definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank phyllsthe1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I stayed here when it was The Palomar and LOVE this chic hotel. The decor is super stylish, young and chic. Check in is a breeze. The hotel elevators do not work unless you have a room key which I really like for security reasons. The lobby holds a happy hour at a certain time in which they have complimentary wine and appetizers. The hotel is super pet friendly which is great for pet lovers and if you aren't I could not even detect a hint of a smell that pets are allowed in this hotel.
The room is as stylish as the lobby, very neat and clean and with funky bath robes to match the fabrics of the room. The bathroom is very modern with clean lines and very effiecient.
Loved this hotel and would defintely go back and recommend to others!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank nevermind2007
nyc
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Really convenient hotel in key location. They had a veda ammenities in the rooms. The staff was nice. Forgot a wake up call but everything else was good

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 5starfrankie
RenMidtownGM, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We like being a "funky" hotel --in a great location with a great friendly staff. Sorry about the wake up call--I apologize for that and will personally look into the reason. Look forward to welcoming you back when you visit Atlanta!
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The hotel was beautiful. The rooms were very spacious. The locatios was walking distance to many places like gladys knnights chicken and waffles. The staff was very friendly. They answer any question you have. Hotel was very clean. Would def stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank onle1me25
Thanks for posting your review! Luxury, spacious, friendly staff, clean -beautiful hotel and would definitely come back--all in your words--outstanding--we truly appreciate the feedback! We will definitely look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here when it was Hotel Palomar and weren't disappointed on our return visit. Fantastic location. Beautiful lobby and rooms. Fun rooftop bar. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank AGPERRY
Thank you for all your very positive comments! Our staff is very proud and we look forward to receiving and sharing glowing reviews such as yours! We will look forward to welcoming you backk when you return to Midtown!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This place is one of my favorite Atlanta hotels!!! It started out as a Hotel Palomar, part of the boutique pet-friendly Kimpton Properties. Renaissance seems to have kept things similar. The property and rooms are swanky yet comfortable. They have a happy hour from 5 to 6 and the employees are always very helpful. I have stayed at the Loew's, the Artmore, and the Blue Indigo in Midtown and this is by far the best hotel for the price. I love the location because there are quiet a few bars and restaurants right out the door...and Ecco is a must for any foodie!!!

Room Tip: The beds are pillow tops and not my favorite - you may want to ask for something firmer if you are s...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank CandyKC
RenMidtownGM, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Swanky, comfortable, helpful employees--one of my favorite hotels in Atlanta--all your words!! We couldn't agree more and want to thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments via Trip Advisor--we'll look forward to your return visit!

Happy Friday!
Flowood, Mississippi
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Ok so the hotel was nice enough. The staff not so much when it came down to business. There re better places to stay in the area. I am a platinum Marriot member and I will never ever stay at another Marriot property because of my experience.

They literally broke my door, ripped the screws through the door that holds the locking mechanism the. Tried to blame it on me and or my car. The hotel staff did not care one bit and I filed a claim and got a letter in the mail saying it was caused my normal wear and tear. That statement is not true because I am not driving a Model-T. I even literally spent 30 minutes sitting in the valet parking area trying to fix it... Which I was able to do with some washers and tools they provided.

I obviously filed a claim as mentioned above. I am 99% sure that the seat belt got caught over the latch on the frame and they tried to force it closed. I say this because 1. The screws literally tore through the metal on the door and 2. Because my seatbelt now has multiple rips in that area.

To top it all off I repeat they tried to blame me for it and or my car for their negligence. I would recommend you stay far away from this place unless you are driving a rental with insurance; and even then I would be wary. I will literally never stay at another Marriot property and I am a platinum member. From here on out I will be taking my business elsewhere. It really put a bad taste in my mouth; as I imagine it would you.

My best advice is to avoid this hotel and if you are a Marriot person like I WAS wait until they get rid of valet only. I now have to get a NEW door to fix my car and the staff did not care, the valet tried to blame it on me, and to topic all off it was due to normal wear and tear. I will post pictures of the door and seatbelt soon so you can clearly see it is not normal wear and tear.

Best advice I can give is stay far far away from this hotel and Mariott period for this type of business practice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TimN007
MgrRenMidtownATL, Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Good Afternoon! I recently received your comments and would like the opportunity to discuss with you directly. I am sorry this was not addressed and resolved prior to your departure. We do receive positive comments frequently and I apologize for the service levels you experienced. Please call me directly at 678.412.2362 so we can resolve this issue.