“Lovely place”

Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
Ranked #16 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

Nice bathrooms, very clean. I stayed for four nights for a business trip. The attached restaurant is a farm to table restaurant and it's delicious. I even had a nice view.

Aveda products too! The lighting in the bathrooms is weird though - there is a makeup mirror but it's pretty dark in there. Making it difficult to see your makeup.

• Stayed: October 2012
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience here at our hotel. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay AND that you had a chance to experience Briza. We are very proud of the food and service quality that you recieve when dining in Briza. We are working hard on identifying a solution to the lighting issue you mention and we are optimistic that we have identified one potential solution.

thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel

Reviewed 14 October 2012

The hotel is modern in decor, "fusion" music played in most all of the public areas, including the elevators and restrooms -- to the point where it became annoying. The check-in personnel were very nice and helpful and made us feel welcome.

The room was small with a small two seat padded bench with a back, really not condusive for two people to sit and talk or relax. There was a desk with a desk-top computer -- there was NO free internet service via the desktop nor wireless. I found it was best to pay the $4.95 per day tu access the wireless via my lap top.

After about an hour after we check-in, there was a knock on the door and an employee wanted access to the "mini-bar" to make sure it was stocked. Kinda strange -- shouldn't that be done before guests check in?? While there, I advised him of a burned out bulb; soon a maintenance employee showed up to replace the bulb.

Upon checking-out, I asked the front desk for info on the MARTA system as we needed to get to the airport. I was advised the MARTA system was not running that day, info I later found to be FALSE...as the doorman and valet drivers all said the trains would be running. We're glad we asked as the train service is great and cheap vs. a $40+ cab fare.

We ate in the hotel restaurant a couple of times, and found the food to be good, although a bit pricy. The adult beverages were also pricy, but expected in an upscale hotel.

The meeting space was adequate and furnished well, but nothing spectacular.

The real plus was the courtesy of the hotel's staff, aside from giving incorrect info about the public transportation service. This hotel is worthy of staying at again, but we will not seek out specifically should we come back to Atlanta.

Room Tip: We had a room with two "full sized" beds; the room was tight but reasonably adequate. The...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Good evening and thank you for staying with us! I was glad to read that our staff performed so well and that you not only felt welcome but that you described them as nice and helpful. Depending on the time of check in and the level of business it would not be abnormal for our Mini bar associates to knock on the door of an occupied room, although clearly our goal would be to get to all rooms prior to check in each and every day, sometimes that is just not possible. We would of course be delighted that when you return to Atlanta you make your decision to stay with us!

Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

We Stayed there two nights two adults four children in two rooms it was absolutely perfect Extremely clean ,great location close to the highway's ,staff was very nice and Professional,the best valet people hands down.Thank you very much.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank 586lui

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience here at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown. I was delighted to read your positive and absolutely glowing comments about our clean hotel, with a great location, nice staff and the best valet team-perfect was your word! Outstanding. I have shared this with our team and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

This was my first and last visit to this hotel. For the moment, I'll ignore the $30 valet-only parking. Instead, I'll focus on the room that I was given.

When I checked in, I was told that I had booked a room with a king bed, but the only king rooms available were accessible. I told them to give me a room with two double beds. Not what my husband (who I hadn't seen in two months) and I really wanted, but a minor inconvenience for the most part.

We didn't actually settle into our room until after 1 a.m. That's when we discovered that the toilet had stains on it. Not permanent stains like it was an old toilet. These were stains from something that had been wet on the toilet seat, and the longest was an interesting shade of brown.

It was so late, and we were so tired that I decided rather than call housekeeping or the front desk to request another room, I'd just hover in the bathroom and pray that the sheets on the bed at least were clean.

The next morning, there was a knock on our door at 9:30 a.m. It was a Sunday. Who knocks at 9:30 a.m. on a Sunday in a hotel? Apparently, at the Renaissance, housekeeping knocks at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday...to see if anyone is in the room. What? Don't they have a list of occupied rooms?

Next, we discovered that our double room only came with one towel. That's right, one towel in a room with two beds! I called housekeeping. Too bad they didn't drop off some more towels when they were knocking on our door at 9:30.

The final straw was the toothpaste that was part of the hotel-provided toiletries. The box looked a little crumpled, and when I opened it, I discovered a nice tube of used toothpaste!

Between the toilet, the towel and the toothpaste, I have to wonder if the room was cleaned at all after the prior occupant(s).

We complained to the front desk as were were checking out. We were assured by the front desk clerk that she would mention these issues to someone (in that voice people use when they have no real intentions of telling anyone anything).

We won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank senoraflowers

Good evening and thank you for sharing your experience. I was totally distressed as I am sure you were during your stay to hear of your challenges. I can certainly understand your frustration and of course would like to apologize on behalf of myself and our staff. If you read our reviews, you see that this is atypical, but nevertheless I have personally followed up with our department leadership to ensure these issues were addressed and will not recur. I do ask that you reconsider your comment to never return --I assure you that you will have a much better experience. I do hope that the next time you return to Atlanta you consider us.

Thanks again for taking the time to inform me of the details about your stay.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

The customer service seemed to slip when the business of last weekend. It was Family weekend for GA Tech and several weddings.

The hotel was modern and convenient--NO POOL.

Plenty of places to walk to--food/groceries/drinks/exercise.

We will return on future trips to GA Tech. We just hope the hotel doesn't over extend themselves with events/bookings.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Good morning and thank you for providing your feedback about your stay here at the Renaissance Atlanta midtown hotel. I was certainly delighted to hear of your return stay AND your intent to return again. We certainly were busy the weekend of your stay, but that should not preclude us from delivering exceptional guest service experiences. I have addressed this with our team and I remain confident you will have a delightful service experience when you return. See you then.

Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the Renaissance Midtown while attending a recruiting event at Georgia Tech. The location was superbly convenient, a very easy walk to the neat Tech Square portion of campus. The hotel itself was very nice. Rooms were modern, interestingly decorated and clean. Service was impeccable - enjoyed my interaction with front desk, guest services and valet staff.

Tip: ask for a room on a high floor facing south; you'll get a superb view of midtown and downtown Atlanta.

I particularly enjoyed the lobby area - beautifully adorned with modern, crisp design. Very lively at all times of the day or night.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank vixsheikh

Thank you for staying with us at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown hotel. I appreciate your business and your comments. I was especially pleased to see that you found the hotel to be clean, superbly convenient, modern and interestingly decorated! And that the service was impeccable! We will look forward to your return visit.

thanks again,

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business. I got in late and left early, so I didn't have the opportunity to sample much of the hotel's offerings. It is upscale, and it has all that goes with that (decor, comfort, and high price).

The room was basic, but nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable, and the hotel was fairly quiet, overall.

This hotel was conveniently located to restaurants, the Ga. Tech Conference Center, and MARTA.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Thank you for staying at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown hotel and for your comments. Although your stay was short we would be delighted if you chose to stay here if and when your travels bring you back to Atlanta. I'm sure you'll be just as pleased with your stay the next time.