“My 30th birthday”

Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed with 3 of my friends for my birthday we had a great stay the staff was awesome they were very knowledgeable and were willing to help in any way. The location was great everything we wanted to do was close by.. The hotel made us feel like superstars for the weekend. My whole group plans to come and stay again already started planning another girls trip.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Bonita1912
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Good morning! Outstanding, I was so very glad to read that you were treated as Superstars on your special birthday. I also believe we have an "awesome"group of Ambassadors that provide execeptional service all the time--nice to see that is exactly what you experienced. We look forward to your return--don't forget to check out our website first--always running something special there!

Thanks for sharing your comments.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Visited this hotel 02.16.2013, the hotel was so nice and the location was great...The service was poor. Checked in right at 3:00 , since it was 3 of us girls and two beds we requested, a roll away bed and was told that it would be brought up. By 12:45 am still no Roll away bed, after a total of 3 request when a desk assistant at that point said well we probably don't have any left...you think ...now I am sure after 3 request and 8 hours later..Also the only parking available in the hotel is Valet parking, which is $30 dollars a day...after paying 190.00 a night...why would I pay want to pay an additional $30 dollars a night for parking . Went down for Breakfast to the Restaurant for Coffee and Tea only this was advertised as .complementary...took a while as it seem as though the staff could barely handle the small wedding party that was sitting down for breakfast...Lets not forget the snack bar was supposed to be locked but somehow it was left unlocked by the prior guess. Not happy with the service at all for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Good afternoon and thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay last month. I was distressed to hear that your requests were not able to be honored for the roll away bed. I have followed up with our team to address the response time as well, that is simply unacceptable and we have to do better than this, no matter the challenges. I offer the explanation that our parking fees are in line with the local market (Downtown and Buckhead actually have higher fees) and I certainly understand your perspective.

Again, I wish to thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel became my home away from home for about 6 weeks last year while in Atlanta working on a movie. The hotel has an excellent gym on the 5th floor plus L.A. Fitness is only 2 blocks away where I took aerobics classes. Excellent wine bar on 2nd floor.
The bed is super comfy. The only drawbacks are no pool and only a mini bar size refrigerator in the room. Oh yeah, some floors are pet friendly which can be a drawback if someone leaves their dogs unattended for many hours and the dogs bark non-stop. This happened one weekend so management moved me to another floor.
Excellent management and fun doormen.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MarianGH

Thanks for your comments and thanks for making us your home for 6 weeks! I appreciate the feedback and I have taken the opportunity to share the positive comments with our team and of course the importance of maintaining the integrity of our pet policy (should be available on 2 guest floors only). I thank you again and look forward to the opportunity to delight you on your next stay.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Visited on business in mid-Feb. Pretty typical of Renaissance chain, which is to say the rooms and bath are well appointed. Bathroom is large. Desk is suitable for laptop and papers. Bed is comfortable. The staff is fine. Restaurant is expensive and service is a little on the slow side. Oh well. It ain't New York.

A couple of disappointments my last morning. Went to hotel restaurant for breakfast around 7:30 AM. Stood around for a while waiting for someone to seat me. Waited forever for to give my order. Waited another forever for the food. Only one cup of coffee - never offered a refill. C'mon, guys!

Checkout was quick. I was promised an email copy of my receipt. All info is on file - I'm a Platinum Marriott guest. But nothing came in. Had to call back this morning to get it. Boo.

You'll probably do better. The hotel is well situated and worth a stay for business in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Good afternoon and thanks for sharing your experience with me. Clearly we had some opportunities to provide the very basic details of service and fell short, for that I apologize. I have followed up with our team with reference to the specific opportunities and am I confident we have taken the appropriate steps and actions to address and prevent a recurrence.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback and will look forward to your return visit--thanks for you loyalty to Marriott/Renaissance as a Platinum member.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed over as I flew into Atlanta before going upstate on business. This hotel is the epitome of modern style hospitality with none of the stuffiness that can accompany it. Clean to a fault, friendly bar staff, good food, reception and concierge top notch. Thanks for the stay. Will be back next time I'm passing through.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Craig T

Love that: "It's all good"! Thanks so very much for taking time to post your comments and for providing such glowing praise. We have a hotel wide meeting every morning and I shared your comments with the team-they were glowing with pride! I like the phrase "epitome of modern style and hospitality". Can't wait for your return visit, we have new heights to scale and I am confident you will experience the same! Thanks again for sharing!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Renaissance Midtown in Atlanta. Comfortable rooms, good location, good bar & enjoyed room service and lunch at Briza. Also had a great driver I found who was courteous and reasonable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tweemom

I simply loved your the title of your review; 'LOVED THE RENAISSANCE!". What a great title and I was so happy to see you had a great experience in Briza, with our courtesy car driver, that you liked our location and that you plan to return! Thank you so much for your feedback--I have already shared them with our team. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Funny, I totally disagree with the people who wrote reviews at the same time that we stayed at this hotel. We were VERY impressed with the attention to detail, the courtesy of the staff, and the rooms themselves.

We did a late check in and got a great room on the top floor. Two beds as requested. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even the valet guys told us where we could park for $12 instead of the $30 per day at the hotel. We used the courtesy car to go to the World of Coke but when we needed a ride back, they said it was unavailable. They called a taxi for us and even paid for it! That was amazing customer service!

Our room was very quiet, well laid out room. The bathroom was really nice with extra shelving. Everything was very clean. The coffee in the room was actually good! I have never said that before!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again when traveling to Atlanta! The location was perfect for touring Ga Tech. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank matchel

Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I was more than delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay in nearly every aspect of our hotel! From the Courtesy car experience to your comment about how "very impressed" you were with your stay and let's not forget about how much you enjoyed the in room coffee ( I tend to agree with you on that point ). I have shared your comments with our team and we will continue to strive to exceed your expectations and ensure your experience is fantastic!