“Great hotel...will come again!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
Ranked #20 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
florida
“Great hotel...will come again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My stay at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel was great! The location of hotel was perfect…close to downtown and several city attractions. The staff there very helpful and respectful to me at all times and attended to all my needs. Not sure how old hotel is but it clearly has been taken care of…lobby looks as if been renovated, very stylish, glam, and comfortable. Overall the hotel and rooms were in great condition, very contemporary, and clean. My bathroom was super clean which is IMPORTANT for me. The hotel restaurant had great food with free wine during happy hour which was a nice surprise. There is a roof top bar that looked amazing; however, it rained during my stay so I wasn’t able to take advantage of it. Overall I was very pleased with the staff…will book at hotel again in the near future! Prices very reasonable!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thanks for sharing! Great hotel....will come again--says it all.
Specifically, you found the hotel to have a perfect location, with a helpful staff and to be "super clean" which you said was important to you. I want to share that is the same for me--it's why we do so many daily inspections and reward our staff for high inspections scores. The hotel is 4 years old to answer your question and our Rooftop 866 Bar is "amazing" --you'll have to come back to experience it!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great location in midtown Atlanta, close to Marta station,and downtown area, choice of many good restaurants in the neighborhood,friendly staff on duty. Would consider staying there again on next visit to Atlanta area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the 20th floor, very quiet, no street noises.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hope your team won! Thank you for joining us on Final Four weekend and thank you for your review! I hope to see you again soon and certainly before we host the next Final Four!
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel and found it to be a great hotel with a boutique feel. It is located near shops, restaurants, and in a clean and seemingly safe area. The hotel is modern but charming at the same time. There is a fun rooftop style bar/restaurant as well as a more upscale restaurant downstairs. The staff is very professional and friendly, and my overall experience was great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Larissa75
Thank you so very much for sharing your comments. Delighted to read that your overall experience was great and that you were able to enjoy our Rooftop bar. We have very cool Rlife Live events scheduled for that venue, you can check those out on our website.

Appreciate you taking the time to share.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Our son and daughter in law live in midtown and we usually stay at the Georgia Tech hotel because she was a student at Tech and we received a very nice discount. Recently we attended her graduation and had to switch hotels since there was no rooms available at Tech hotel. We were very pleased that we selected the Renaissance Midtown. The staff was great, friendly and very helpful. There are two bars in this hotel which I really enjoyed. The rooms were typical for a hotel in this price range, nothing special but very comfortable and clean. The location is great and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: my sister stayed on the 15th floor and loved her view, we were on the 7th and did not have a view!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments. As a previous reviewer mentioned, we are a nice surprise. Glad that one of your competitors was sold out so you had the chance to stay with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

We booked on Priceline and weren't sure what to expect, but this was a great hotel! My girlfriends stayed at the W, also awesome, but the Renaissance is a much better value for the same amenities! The bed was comfortable, everything was clean, and the staff went above and beyond. We stay in Atlanta about once a month at 4 and 5 star hotels, and the service here was by far the best!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Kmwestga
For frequent travelers to Atlanta that stay in 4 and 5 star hotels, I am VERY appreciative of your comment that our service was by far the best that you have experienced. The team is very proud of the service they provide and I was happy to share your comments in our daily hotel wide stand up meeting. We will look forward to your return visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed @ the hotel this past weekend. I can say had a great experience staff was nice and very helpful. Next visit to Atlanta will be this location.. Even though the hotel was hotel had the prom going on and the waether was not good. They still provided great customer service. Thanks for a great experience...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quan f
Thank you for your review and thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Delighted to see that you had a great experience and that you plan on returning. Couldn't ask for more! See you then.
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

My boyfriend and I came down to Atlanta to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. We normally stay at the W, but wanted to give the Renaissance a try because we love the atmosphere at the two here in New Orleans. We took advantage of a suite upgrade offered by Hunter who was awesome during our entire stay. However, on our second night, I ordered an amenity of champagne and strawberries to be delivered to our room while we were out having dinner because I wanted to surprise him. I also ordered turndown service. When I returned to the hotel, the turndown had not been done and the amenity was nowhere to be found. Needless to say, it just really sucked the wind out of the sails of what I had envisioned for a romantic return. I went back down to the desk and asked that the amenity be canceled and express my disappointment and I felt that the response was really indifferent. Then to make matters worse, when I returned to my room, I received what I felt was a really curt call from room service regarding my canceled order. I will say that when I went back out later that night and returned for the second time, I found the turndown done and the strawberries comped. Between that gesture, and the heartfelt apology I received from Anna (I believe that was her name) at the Navigator desk when I departed, I'll consider giving the Renaissance a second chance if the price is right.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the Executive Suite. Probably more space than we needed, but we loved the Jacuzzi tub...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Well, first thank you for sharing your experience.and for the "second chance". I was absolutely delighted to see that both Hunter and Anne were impressive in their roles and for providing service and for addressing the issue. Please accept my sincere apologies as well. We will look forward to that second chance and I am confident you will have a 5 star experience.

Thanks again.