Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
US$583
US$179
US$174
1,233 results
All reviewscommunity smithfront deskgeorgia techrooftop baraveda productscity viewvalet parkingvalet staffcar servicerestaurants and barspiedmont parkvery nice hotelupon checkper daydefinitely stay here againthe entire stafffitness center
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I absolutely love staying at the the Renaissance in Midtown ATL. There are lots of great places to walk to and the hotel service itself is spendid! My other half and I stayed here for the weekend...however, we've stayed several times in the past for leisure and I've been here a few times for work. When on business, it always felt quite the respite after a long day of work.

During our stay, we enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant- which offered made to order omelets--delightful :-) The bar also has a great wine selection for the "night cap"!!!

The bell staff as always- was very attentive and brought our vehicle expeditously.

Inside the room, the deco was great...very soothing and comfy. Each night we had treats on the bed for the turn down..which I believe was due to our platinum status..but needless to say..we loved the chocolate covered treats!

The gym was cool...we were able to get our daily cardio without seeking out the local Anytime Fitness.

I highly recommend this hotel for leisure and business. The staff is warm and accomodating ad the distance to the freeway is superb!

Room Tip: The side of the hotel that faces inward towards the city is pretty cool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mimi823
Mark G, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your fantastic visit to Midtown, ATL and the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel. It sounds like you both had a blast and I was excited to read your post to the entire staff last week. Please come back often and we look forward to being of service to you gain in the future.
Do not hesitate to reach out to any of our Ambassadors if we can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I had a ball when I went to visit a friend, I did have a little miss understanding even I booked my trip, they didn't tell me I had a $75 deposit each day do the money I had to spend was out towards that but it was cool. I'm coming back in March so I'll be ready. Hey Gabe ;)

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank sheppie1985
Mark G, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for your recent post to Trip Advisor, regarding your visit to the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel. So happy to hear you had a great time and that you will be returning in the future.
Please reach out to any of our staff members if we can be of further assistance.
Thank you gain for being our guest and hurry back!!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I highly recommend the Renaissance at Midtown in Atlanta! The property is in great shape, the service is outstanding, and the location is convenient to both downtown and Buckhead. Hunter at the front desk was a superstar! Anticipated my needs, great recommendations, genuinely cared that I received great service during my stay - 5 stars for Hunter! They have a great Manager's Reception from 5 to 6 p.m. with several of the staff on hand for assistance. I travel the U.S. and stay in many hotels - I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I always request a room away from elevators and vending machines to minimize noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rzmonthego

Wow, sounds like you really enjoyed your visit to our hotel and Midtown, Atlanta. I was pleased to hear that our service to you and your party was outstanding and we were able to exceed your expectations. Your positive mention of one of our Ambassadors, Hunter, is much appreciated. I will be personally thanking him for a job well done, while publically recognizing his efforts in front of the team. Also great to hear that you took advantage of our Wine Hour reception in the lobby, it is a great way to unwind and relax after a long day.
Thanks again for the great feedback, and please let us know when we can expect you back as our guest.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel 14-16 Feb 2014. We came to ATL for a cheer competition at the GWCC and chose this hotel due to the close distance to the venue. We are frequent travelers so we did all the normal things you should do to make the best out of your stay at any location. We didn't arrive until very late on Friday so I called ahead of time to ensure we had the "city view" my kids love. They dbl checked and confirmed we had the city view.
VALET/CHECK-IN: Upon arrival, we were greeted by the valet and I personally dbl checked several times to ensure everything was out of our car. The valet waited patiently for me. :-) They do charge for valet parking BUT when you compare the total price you pay for other hotels in this area with it included, you will see that this hotel costs less with that price included. Especially for these type of accomodations. Check-in went smoothly and our room (17th floor I believe) was absolutely amazing.
ROOM: It was perfect for a busy family that wants a top notch place to stay and doesn't require a huge sitting/eating area. During the wee hours of Sat morning we did hear some noise in the hallways as an obviously younger group made it back from what I guess was enjoying the nightlife. It lasted about 5 minutes until they got in their room and after that we couldn't hear anything. Everything looked brand new and it had a very modern feel to the room which is my personal taste. The bathroom does not have a locking door. Instead, it has a slide door (see picture). This was not a problem for my family but it's something to note. I love my pillowtop mattress so their beds were just a little firm for me but I still had a very comfortable sleep. Also, please note that the rooms in this hotel come with a fridge but not a microwave. We packed things we could use to make a quick breakfast if the kids got hungry like a water boiler for instant oatmeal, poptarts, donuts, etc. This normally ties our family over till we can get to food...or you could pay for the hotel breakfast. We didn't eat there so I can't comment on that.
Last, the lobby is designed very beautifuly. They have a salt-water fish tank that has live starfish, coral reef, and many fish from "Finding Nemo". Again, kids loved this place and so did we. When you hear a bad review on here just remember to think if the mistakes or mishaps the reviewer left was something you would do or perhaps something you could avoid. Some things can happen at any hotel and can't be changed. Other things like the actual hotel, room, and the staff are what should be deal-breakers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view! Well worth it!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyContrailz

Good day, I was thrilled to read about your most recent visit to Midtown Atlanta and The Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel. It sounds like you and your kids had a fantastic time in our hotel and I hope the cheer competition went well for your entire family. You highlighted a number of areas that gave supurb service and I will be personally thanking them for a job well done.

Thank you again for your great feedback, and I look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

If you are considering this Marriott please think again! From the time we arrived until check out this place was a nightmare. When we arrived to valet our car that evening the bell boy left one of my bags in the car. It was so late so I decided to wait until morning only to find my car window bashed in and my bag was gone. The policy of the hotel is to have cameras and lighting on the building which they do not have. Police said this was a common place for car thefts. Asked to speak to the manager of the hotel and NOTHING! Also when we arrived there was a intoxicated man that was wondering around the lobby harassing the children and the rest of the guest. I informed the staff and was assured they would handle the situation but two hours later the man is still hanging around the lobby. I had 7 rooms booked and brought families with me. I'm a gold member at Marriott and recommended this hotel. When we came back from our event at GWCC our keys to our room didn't work. Went to the front desk and was told they had moved our rooms! When we finally got back into our rooms they were never cleaned. This place is a joke! Don't waste your money or time!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Mo M
Mark G, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Good morning and thank you for taking the time to speak with myself yesterday morning regarding your stay at The Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel this past weekend. Let me again apologize for the issues that you experienced while being our guest. I truly appreciate you taking the time to discuss your stay with me, and I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to resolve these service shortfalls.
Your valuable feedback is much appreciated and trust that we will continue to make improvements to our operation to better the overall guest experience. We look forward to your return visit.