“Beautiful room”

GreenLeadersSilver level
SoDak
“Beautiful room”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My company held a conference in this hotel and we received an excellent room rate, would have paid much more for comparable luxury. The room was spacious and very comfortable, good view of midtown Atlanta. We enjoyed drinks in the main floor bar - the sever/bartender who served our large, rowdy group took very good care of us! We then moved into the restaurant, which had a variety of unique appetizers and entrees - great food.

My only two small complaints were in the bathroom - the water in the tub/shower took a long time to warm up. The light had a dimmer switch and provided a nice ambiance, but at highest level was a bit too dim for makeup application.

Overall a wonderful stay at this first-rate hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ZachCurry, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
It great to hear about your stay with us. We are looking into the water issue you shared. Also, we are adding an additioinal light over the mirror in the bathrooms. We have been great feedback from guests who have experienced the new lighting. Stay tuned.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a terrific hotel. In the midst of high traffic area, room was totally soundproofed. Excellent beds and pillows and a new high def large TV. The staff were warm and welcoming and many small touches made it work. When we wanted more decaf for the room, we were sent up more within minutes and the next day they left a bag of perhaps 10 decaf packages. It is not often we like hotels so much, but everything from the fitness center to lobby to rooms and staff was classy, professional, and personal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Biminip
Thank you for the warm review! The team was thrilled to hear about your stay with us and how their individual touches were noticed.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My business took me to Atlanta and our team stayed at this hotel. I arrived at the hotel via airport shuttle. Within a minute of arriving at the hotel I realized that I left my cell phone in the van. As the van drove off from the hotel I stood on the sidewalk yelling at the van in frustration. Then, an angel in the form of Mr. Gimel Gordon -- the hotel valet and doorman -- came to my immediate aid.

Gimel immediately offered assistance. He called the van service phone number (we found on my receipt) and spoke to the dispatcher who radioed the driver. Gimel also used his own cell phone to call my cell to see if it would help th driver locate my phone.

Unfortunately, the efforts to locate the cell phone did not work; however, Gimel was absolutely awesome! He really expressed sincere empathy for my situation and immediately offered to help - without me even asking.

Lastly, this attitude of concern, empathy, and offers of assitance continued to the front desk staff and the hotel security manager, Troy.

So, it was a tough time for me personally and a key tool for my work was lost, all I can say is that Gimel and the rest of the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel were absolutely awesome and I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for business travel.

1 Thank ENelson1321
Awesome review!!! Thank you for publically recognizing Gimel's efforts!
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The staff is excellent. I believe the person who helped me was Denise. You could ask for a more professional person. Great location and great recommendations for dinner. Work out room nice and very clean. The bR is very nice and inviting. A very well run establishment. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Pingbutt
We love to be consistantly Great! Thank you for sharing with us about your recent stay.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My work had a meeting in this hotel and I stayed for 2 nights. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I did order room service upon my arrival because I got in so late. I had an omelet which was ok and it came with fries which were a bit cold. It filled me up though which was what was needed. They have a bar in the restaurant which is very cozy and the atmosphere was very welcoming. The Terrace bar was nice because it's outside but I preferred the indoor charm. Location is convenient to many restaurants (Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint was recommended and delicious!).

1 Thank Michelle L
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Sorry the food temperatures were not as expected. Sounds like the rest of the trip and the discoveries in the local area were all to your liking. Thank you again for the feedback.
Highland, Michigan
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Renassance was a nice hotel, staff was very friendly, and amentities were nice. Its close to the subway station, and a quick walk to many wonderful restruants. Parking is a bit pricey, when using vallet, and we could not locate any other options so were stuck with $32 per day.

Getting out of the hotel will save you coniserable cash. Two drinks in the hotel bar cost me over $30, and dinner for two was pushing $100. I highly recommend eating at Ecco restruant about a block away.

And there is a wonderful park and gardens located on Piedmont about a 15 minute walk away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ZachCurry, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time time provide feedback on our hotel. We appreciate the time and feedback. Look forward to your return to Atlanta
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Modern upscale hotel with customer focused staff. Large lobby draws you in with comfortable seating and an amazing aquarium. Complimentary glass of wine at 5pm in lobby. Lemon
water in cooler 24/7. My room had comfortable down bedding, granite vanity top, muted soft color scheme with tile & carpet. Small fridge, iron, single-serve coffee pot, dimmable bathroom lights. Geared to business folks on expense account, only free amenities were shampoo, soap, & lotion. Here are a few ways I saved on "extras". Valet parking is $32+ so I parked in off property parking garage for $12. Bottled water is $6, internet $15-$20, I went to Publix 2 blocks away with free Wi-Fi, a deli, seating area with tables. To find a great restaurant within 2 blocks of hotel, ask bellmen where to go. I ate at 5 very good local places nearby. Only one robe provided for 2 people staying in room. Sparse supply of towels but housekeeping gave us some additional when we asked. We enjoyed our stay and would choose this hotel next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: The higher floors have best view