“I stay at marriott hotels all the time but ....”

Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
Ranked #18 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“I stay at marriott hotels all the time but ....”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. But there are issues with service. We had to request the room be cleaned, There is no concierge level. The car service is a joke. Whenever you ask about using it they say forty five minutes. Takes you anywhere in a two mile radius. Forty five minutes in the weekend for two miles I. Atlanta. Maybe If if I didn't live here I'd believe it . Just caught cabs. No raisin to waste time with the clowns in valet . I stay a Marriott hotels all the time and this was a huge let down. I would not recommend the hotel however the bar and resturants are nice

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darryl T
ZachCurry, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay at my hotel. I will look further into why a delay for providing transportation within the local area would take 45 minutes. It is important to get feedback and we appreciate your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
McHenry, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is in a great location-Midtown, on a very nice tree lined street. The rooms are gorgeous! Modern decor, very updated. The only bad thing is you really need to use the valet service to park your car, afterall you are in the city so there is not a lot of parking. I believe valet parking is 32.00 a day. This is an upscale hotel, so don't be surprised by the valet parking fee.
The bar on the roof top was great, nice friendly bartenders, and the wicker chairs, couches and lounge chairs were comfortable. They also had outdoor heaters to warm you up and they did. All staff were very friendly! Very classy place, would stay there again.

Room Tip: We booked through Expedia for a king bed, when we got there they said they had queens and that Exped...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SW1138
ZachCurry, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for the feedback about the hotel and team. We appreciate the feedback.
EAST LONDON
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed in mid May for two nights, and it is a very nice hotel. Staff is very friendly, and though I required very little, they were more than satisfactory with my queries. If you're in a certain radius (3 miles) You can call them to come and get you, which they will at no extra charge. I didn't use it, but it was a nice touch and was offered this service multiple times during me coimg and going.

The location itself is OK. It has a good size supermarket about two minutes away which was handy. The MARTA is around 5 minutes max walk away which also is very handy.

The room is nice. Good bed, a contemporary feel with what I'd imagine would be a TV of around 40 inches. The room was very spacious and it certainly made me very comfortable. Wifi isn't complimentary in-room, but it is if you go to the lobby,

I used the gym, which was OK. Small, and if you're a strong guy, you probably would want heavier weights, but it does the job. Has a fair range of machines, and I was the only one in there which was nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
ZachCurry, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to share with us and the Trip Advisor community about your recent stay with us.
Atlanta
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We got a pretty good rate for downtown on Memorial Day weekend ($102 for the night). The room was clean and modern. They have a sliding door on the bathroom that doesn't really close so you'll hear anything and everything going on in the bathroom from the room. The staff at the hotel is less than helpful. They simply point fingers at other staff members to get help until you go around in enough circles that you give up. Do NOT use the valet. Of course your choices are limited. The valet crew hasn't figured out how to do their jobs. The first night I waited 1.5 hours to get my car. Yes, that number is right. The next morning I called ahead (45 minutes) and when I got downstairs they didn't have any record of my call ahead and it took them 30 minutes to get my car. I grew up working as a valet and I can't even figure out how it could take someone 30 minutes to go get a car. We had a lot almost 1 mile away from one of our restaurants and it still took us less than 12 minutes to run and get a car.

If you just want a cheap place in a fairly central location with no expectations for any service then this place might serve you well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience. It is important for us to know where we fell short in meeting service expectations. Your experience is not one we would want to repeat. I assure you we will work with the team to improve in the areas your pointed out. Thank you again for sharing.
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. It's about a 15 minute walk to the park, right across from the art center, and not far from the MARTA subway station. We had a 1 br appt = the rooms were clean, the check-in area nice, and nobody bothered us. Breakfast wasn't impressive, but I didn't expect it to be - plenty of delicious bakeries around!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DEtraveler83
ZachCurry, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and let everyone else know about your experience with us. We appreciate it.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend and I drove to Atlanta this weekend and had a great stay in this hotel. The man who greeted us at the front desk was so friendly and social! He helped us when we had a silly issue and every time we saw him took a moment to chat with us!
The room was clean and the bed and pillows were amazing! It was a very nice stay, there wasn't a bunch of free bells and whistles compared to other hotels, but the service was excellent, and I rather eat at a fun unique restaurant then drink bland lobby coffee ;)
We will use this hotel again when we get to come back, simply because we had such a great time with Giovanni, the atmosphere, and the location!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahSrirachaSauce
A great review and recognition for Giovanni! Thank you for sharing with us...
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had a wedding in Atlanta and stayed at The Renaissance Atlanta Midtown, which was where most of the wedding party stayed. The modern hotel was stunning, clean and a great place to stay.

The front office staff was very helpful as well as the Valet staff, especially Jake and Jeremy who could not be more helpful or understanding.

All in all we had a wonderful trip to Atlanta and the hotel made it that way.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor room
Green Features: The A/C unit in the room was very quiet and the air seemed to be dust free.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
What a wonderful review and recognition for Jake and Jeremy! Thank you for taking the time to share with us and the Trip Advisor community.