“Amazing Trip”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Amazing Trip”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

First off I just wanted to say that the trip was capped off by having an amazing place to stay. We were only in town for a few days but the Renaissance was the best part. What really made us happy was Meredith at the front desk and Gimel at the courtesy desk. Gimel went above and beyond to ensure we were safe and knew where we were going. He made it his duty to really take care of us and that was greatly appreciated. Marriott should consider themselves lucky to have two great employees like them. Next time I go to Atlanta I know exactly where to stay. As a Gold Elite Marriott member, I must say this place is top notch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Doug M
ZachCurry, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Great review and recognition of Meredith and Gimel! Thank you!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I like this hotel it's so clean and very nice staff
even im there for work, the bed very comfy
and it very to easy to travel around Atlanta cause the metro are very closed by
The view around the city very romanctic

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Zerie_k
Thank you! Great review, we appreciate it.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We travel frequently so we are no strangers to the many ups and downs of a hotel stay. I think its safe to say that we all have encountered a hotel on an off day or weekend even and it can certainly ruin a trip when things tend to go wrong while staying at a hotel.
We stayed here for two nights this past weekend. The hotel itself is in a great location. Walking distance to many fun restaurants. The lobby is tranquil and lovely and the rooms themselves are modern and spacious. I don't want to highlight the few glitches we experienced at this hotel because I think they were circumstantial and not a reflection of the hotel itself and its normal goings on. What I want to highlight is the amazing staff and management that jumped to action upon hearing some of our issues. The valet manager was helpful, generous and truly a pleasure to work for and the rooms/front desk manager could not have don't more for us to ensure we were happy and to make us feel that our stay was worth while. I truly believe that above all - that when you encounter a problem be it at a hotel or restaurant or wherever you may be - you want to be heard and validated. And while I can honestly tell you that I wasn't looking to be compensated - the management went above and beyond the call of duty to show their hospitality and had us as their guests for dinner. The restaurant on property was absolutely lovely. Wonderful service and menu and the food was delicious. So - hats off to this amazing team of individuals who made me and my family feel like we were the most important people at the hotel (although we know - clearly we were not!) and for truly making it a personal and professional passion to make guests feel valued and want to return. I will happily stay here again and would suggest it to anyone looking for a wonderful hotel with a team of pros who truly want to make your stay the best it can be!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is important for us to know where we fell short and how we are responding to our guests needs. Thank you...
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a reflagged property and needs some updates to get to Renaissance/Marriott level: no easy available power strip, no concierge level lounge, etc. And then the wireless was a bit problematic the first day we arrived. There were also several events (a wedding, bar mitzvah, etc.) and one group of loud guests kept us up; the internal soundproofing could be improved. However, the staff were great: Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful. The front desk said they were slowly upgrading, so the potential is there for a top rating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Be on the look out for our new restaurant that will be launching by the end of 2014.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am a local to the Atlanta area who stays downtown/midtown ATL frequently as a retreat. With that said, this was my first stay at this property.
Upon arrival, I found the valet situation a bit odd (compared to other properties I have stayed). Finally got the car parked in the garage after 5-10 minute wait. The front desk only had me down for one night, (I booked 2 nights through Priceline) but after I corrected them they saw the error?
The decor of the property was very chic & boutiquish. The king room we had over looked midtown from the 19th floor. I would say the bathroom was very awkward with the sliding door, and VERY heavy to slide as well. Any noise in the bathroom can be heard in the room by the other person(s)! The room I booked was for 2, but the towels & robe were only for 1? The following day the cleaning staff did a great job cleaning the room, but they forgot to stock soap & towels....ugh!
On the day of our checkout ( which is technically 12 pm) I get a knock on the door at 8:50 am, then again at 9:15 am to see if we have left! I guess they wanted to clean the room VERY early! We took the hint & got out!
I will say this hotel (and grounds) is well maintained, and a close walk to a Publix (large grocer), and many great bars & restaurants! The staff was very friendly as well :) I would stay again if I got a deal on a travel site!

Room Tip: Top floor facing either midtown or downtown.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. While many things went well being distured by housekeeping twice in a 30 minutes is not the experience we would want our guests to have. Thank you for sharing as we will address this with our Housekeeping team.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3-4 times over the last few months on business. The staff at the front desk has always been great, and the staff in the restaurant Briza is also very welcoming. They remembered me after my second stay, which I thought was impressive. The rooms are clean and well appointed. I've stayed in a suite and king bed rooms. The suite was really nice and had a huge soaking tub in addition to the massive stand up shower. It was a pity I was only staying for 1 night during that trip. On other trips, I've stayed in regular rooms and haven't been disappointed. The gym is large enough to actually perform a workout and has the necessary equipment for a hotel gym. Breakfast at Briza is solid. I really enjoy the location in Midtown where it's walkable to everything. When I visit Atlanta for work, I always try to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ijjit
Thank you for the shout out about your recent stay!!! Look forward to your return to Atlanta.
Marietta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Atlanta Midtown Renaissance. Cool decor. Comfortable bed and quiet room. The bartender Jack was great. The only thing that was at all a problem was the darkness of the bathroom. However, I loved the pocket door between the room and the bathroom.

Room Tip: All rooms either face north or south. Both views are great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jpyronmann
Thank you for your feedback and compliment of Jack. We will share with the team. Additionally we are working on a lighting solution for the bathroom. Thank you for letting us know.