“You're better off elsewhere” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport

Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport
Ranked #122 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Kansas City, MO
“You're better off elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I'd like to think I am pretty forgiving at overlooking little things, but there were so many little things that were wrong with this hotel, it had to be more than bad luck First of all when we checked in, I asked for two keys, and the guy (who was trying to talk on two different phones) would only give me one, because they were 'running low.' The room had a sofa sleeper for the kids and the sheets were still on from previous stay , how do I know?, because when I went down to get an extra pillow, he asked if I needed sheets and I said no because they were already on--he said, 'oh, no, those sheets must be from last guests."(!) The elevator and hallways were unusually hot, the elevator floor was disgusting, and was never cleaned for the two nights we were there. The drain in the bathtub/shower would not stay open, so we just took it out. We are fine with basic breakfasts, but the juice seemed watered down and there were no bananas or apples or anything. Ice bucket was not emptied from previous night. We used Marta to get downtown, you have to call for the shuttle to pick you up at airport, where other hotels have regular schedules. so, having said all that, it adds up to a bad product, so you're probably better off seeking other options around the Atlanta airport.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Front desk lady, Jenette needs professional clothing the day we came she was wearing a very tight mini mini skirt and a sheer blouse with no shoes on, looked more like a lady of night picking up men at the hotel... The restaurant employees needs training, slow service with no sense of urgency as if we were bothering them by us being there, we had to ask for refills, etc. It took a long time to get our meals and then it was not good, Bad food, bad service, overall everyone we came in contact with was unprofessional, even one of the maids we overheard her on her cell phonewalking down the hall pushing her cleaning cart. Will pay a few dollars more and stay elsewhere our next visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kentuckyway
csatlairport, General Manager at Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback on the recent stay to the Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport. Your comments about the staff attire, restaurant service and the overall hotel customer service level in our hotel was enlightening. I cant begin to express the disappoitment I felt in reading the comments, these comments forced me to look upon management and staff for a different way to conduct business. This was truely an "eye opener" for the entire staff. Please accept my deepest apology. I would hope that you could allow us another opportunity to make these changes and make it right with you and your family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel is conveniently located off the freeway. Nice size clean room. Comfortable beds with clean linen. Bathroom is big with clean towels. Hotel staff very polite including restaurant staff.

Would recommend more lighting throughout and upgrade remote to tv, and space between bed and air condition. If you are military, don't expect too much of a discount.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Mountain Home, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I spent a night here with my daughter and grandson before going to a Braves game. The staff was courteous but things seemed a bit unorganized. No linens were in the room or closet for the pullout sofa bed and our ice bucket was missing the cover. At breakfast, item after item ran out which was restocked only when someone asked for it. In place of napkins, a roll of non-perforated paper towels was set on the counter. The one lady working breakfast did not have any time to clean the tables. Upon making a waffle I learned that the syrup had run out and that someone had been sent to a store for some more. Another 10 minutes passed before a jar of it was put out on the counter.
On the positive side the beds were comfortable. The breakfast when ready was good. The location was easy to find and convenient for my purposes.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed here for our visit to Atlanta to see the retirement of Chipper Jones' jersey. Hotel was clean, front desk staff very helpful, breakfast needs some work. Seems that they wait until the breakfast items are completely out before restocking. Experienced this two days in a row. Which holds up moving guests out quickly when they are having to stand around waiting for food. Oh bring your own pillows. They give you plenty of them but they are extremely poor quality. I had to put two in one pillow case. Hotel was very easy to find and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 318 which is right in front of elevator. All rooms ending in 18 are in the same locatio...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
csatlairport, Manager at Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
We thank you for taking time to submit a hotel review for the Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport. It is always very helpful to our staff when we receive genuine feedback. I have taken into consideration your points of concern from your recent stay. I assure you we will reevaluate our breakfast & restocking practice as well as the comfort of our pillows. Thank you again from Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I had a one night stay before I went to my family. It was a clean room, the bed slept well, the service of the shuttle bus from and to the airport was free; good on time after I called and good and polite service of the driver.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Anna A
KC-MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Hotel seeking unless the convention is Ina name hotel, is a commodity. I want free reliable Internet, bfast, a place to get a snack and a comfortable safe reasonably appointed room. For fluff go downtown otherwise just fine.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park
Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria

Been to Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!