“Didnt honor reservation”

Ranked #3 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Cary NC
“Didnt honor reservation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

I had booked a reservation two weeks in advance with a third party booking company (one that is linked with trip advisor - not priceline). When I arrived, I was told the hotel was overbooked. I asked why they didn't let me know sooner, and they said they didn't notice until this morning. They enthusiastically announced that they had booked a hotel (gratis) for me by the airport, which is about a half hour drive away in light traffic. All of my meetings for two days were near the hotel -- that is why I booked the location. When I told them this wouldn't work, they said they looked for other places, but there were none available. I called my travel agent, and they booked me a place in minutes (albeit it for $140 more - $400 vs $260). When I confronted the manager about it, he said he would only pay the first $260 of the bill. I guess it was my problem that it was more expensive -- not his. When I questioned him on what he told me regarding availability, he admitted that he only looked for hotels for less than $260 downtown -- hmmm didn't care too much about my inconvenience. Of note, there were several other people in the same situation as me, so it looks like they messed over quite a few people. I would never book at this place again.

3 Thank Cary-JSH
, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
We are deeply regretful to hear about your unfortunate experience with the hotel. At Loews Atlanta we strive to offer an enjoyable and stress-free stay. Unfortunately with travel, not all plans go as originally desired and we try our best to accommodate these unforeseeable changes. Please reach out to our Rooms Director, John Power, at jpower@loewshotels.com and allow us the opportunity to improve upon your guest experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

I have stayed at this hotel about once a month for the last 7 months. The hotel driver that was there is no longer with the hotel and i can tell you the service is no where near what it use to be. Tthe driver that they have is not a very friendly person. i asked him if the driver that i was accustomed to was still here he volunteered to tell me he quit. All I can say is this hotel should get him back he was friendly and always greeted me and my guest by name, always willing to help with whatever we needed.

1 Thank greggjonesbakery
Alcoa, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

I cant do anything but get straight to the point. I have never Good or Bad been one to take the time to go online and leave a review. But, this is a must. My husband was talent for Atlanta Food and Wine. The hotel was covering the stay over the weekend. The Itinerary sent to his place of work stated we had a certain room from that thursday to monday. We arrived Thursday and discovered that our room was Friday to Monday EVEN THough they had scheduled him for a seminar on that Thursday... (they approved for our kids to travel with us) were we going to sleep on the street that night??? (with a toddler and newborn) I was trying to be polite and say " well maybe its not your fault its all right" (they managed to find us a room) .
The Concierge replied rudely " Oh I know its not my fault"... What the heck. Um Some courtesy please. My husband and I are paycheck to paycheck with our new family and were told that his stay was covered but the next morning we found our Room charge of around $700 to have come out of our account when all of our bills were debited as well (overcharging our account and having the bank threaten to close our account) They could have potentially ruined so many things for us as things could have snowballed.
We called and they said they would refund the money... That didnt happen by the next day so we called again...(we are supposed to be relaxing and EVERY day was bank calls and stress. I cried and I am usually on top of the planning and have everything lined up so i can not stress) So we called the bank and had to have things faxed and went through hell to have our account put right.

The same thing happened Two days in a row after .... ARe they just seeing if they can get away with doing this to people who make more than we do and dont have to track every dollar. ???

The rooms were never cleaned well on top of the hassle. Help was no where to be found without an attitude and the hotel is a maze with a bar downstairs that is crazy loud.

Looking at our account now we are still missing money and have strange charges.

I hated this place and would rather have stayed at a run down motel... at least there would have been amenities...they even charged us for local phone calls and everytime you leave there parking garage its $12!!!!

9 Thank nastershum
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Loews Hotel on a stopover on our way back to Europe. Loews is a very lovely boutique hotel with a nice bar and good restaurant. Upon check-in, we upgraded to a corner suite. And for only $50, it was worth it. I think we got the best room in the hotel. It was high up on the 26th floor with sweeping views of the city. I loved all the room amenities, from the Keurig coffee maker to the fully-stocked bar. The service was outstanding as well. The only negative was an add-on to the bill. We ordered room service the morning of checkout and they attached a $78 pending fee to our credit card AFTER we had signed the final bill and left the hotel. When I called about the extra charge, I was told it was added to ensure that there were adequate funds on my charge card to cover the breakfast room service. This made no sense to me whatsoever. But regardless, they removed it the following day. Aside from that, it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dru49
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was wonderful and high spec. The bed was very comfortable and I had a wonderful stay.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

All the staff was inattentive. The doorman recommended we get a 40 dollar taxi ride to go eat at a restaurant that we discovered was half a block away. My company paid for the room but they still charged my credit card the full price of the room and it was a hassle to get it removed. A party was happening somewhere in the building and all the yelling was coming into my room through the air vents, and the street noise was not blocked at all by the thin windows. This hotel looks fancy and expensive but the materials are cheap, the staff is snooty, and the customer service is far below par.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Whittle24
, Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Our mission is to provide an inviting and comfortable stay for all of our guests at Loews Atlanta while also creating a vibrant setting for guest that choose midtown as their destination. We are always working to maintain a balance and increase the guest experience.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a meeting during the week we need transportation. The hotel driver, (Shawn) was very rude. He stayed on his phone talking the whole time. When he came back to pick us up from the four seasons he was not happy about that at all, the reason I say that when we got out of the car he made a comment to the valet that we did not tip. This was the worst service I have ever had at any hotel.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank lisamorgan40
, Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
It is the goal of our team at the Loews Atlanta Hotel to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay and receive excellent service. We strive to resolve unsatisfactory guest experiences by continually leading our staff in the highest standards.