“Perfect location in Midtown!”

Ranked #5 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights for my birthday and first visit to Atlanta in September 2012. This location is so perfect that we would stay here again... it is only a few blocks from the Marta Train and lots of amazing restaurants within walking distance. The room was nice and big especially the bathroom which has a separate shower and bathtub with a TV in it. This was one of the first hotel showers that actually had a door and didn't make a mess all over the floor! We chose a room up high and not right across from the club by the Lowes (room 1838) so it was very quiet except that our air conditioner sounded like it was blowing up in the middle of the night around 4 AM every night... we are still baffled by this one. I did report it to the hotel desk so hopefully they will fix it. We went to the hotel bar a few times and enjoyed drinks, music and appetizers. The drinks were very expensive but that seemed to be the trend in midtown or maybe I'm just used to less expensive Florida drinks! The food at the bar was great as where all the restaurants that we went to in Midtown. I highly recommend Ecco and Empire State South just a few blocks from Lowes and if you want to take a short cab ride go to Two Urban Licks... these were our favorites! We also got room service late one night and it was very fast and good! All the hotel staff were very nice at the front desk, bellhop desk, etc... minus we had one encounter with a guy at the concierge desk that left a bad taste in my mouth. I asked him if there was transportation available and his response was "what do you mean transportation?". We were trying to get over to Virginia Highlands on that day but he told us there wasn't any hotel transportation and that there is no public transportation there and we would need to pay for a taxi. We easily took the Marta bus over there after all that. I will clearly remember how he was looking at us like we were below him even though he clearly lacked knowledge! All in all we had an amazing time in Atlanta and enjoyed the Lowes hotel which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high and away from the club across the street from the Lowes!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear PrettyInPink98,

First of all, happy belated birthday! We are so ecstatic you decided to spend your special day with us and we’d like to thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback. Secondly, we are so sorry that your air conditioning caused you worry at 4 AM. We sent the issue over to our engineering team and they will have that fixed before anyone else can experience the same dilemma.

Additionally we are sorry that you felt dismissed by one of the members of our concierge team. We would really appreciate it if you contact us so we can get more detail on what occurred and use your experience as a training opportunity. Please feel free to reach me at mkoka@loewshotels.com.

But we couldn’t agree with you more, Ecco and Empire State South are amazing! And if you loved Two Urban Licks, you should try their sister concept, One Midtown Kitchen. It’s simply amazing! We hope to see you around our lobby again soon!

Many Thanks,
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,371)

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I had never stayed at a Lowes property before. I was very impressed with the quality of the hotel.

Location: in midtown and very convenient to many restaurants and bars. Also close to the incredible aquarium.

Style: Very modern, comfortable rooms with upscale furnishings and fixtures. Comfortable beds and drapes that close all the way so the room is dark!

Restaurant: fancy menu, but quality not great. Try to go to one of the nearby restaurants.

Facilities: I was there for a conference. The board rooms and ballrooms were adequate but nothing stood out.

Overall, this was an excellent hotel with a great location. Anytime my room is still dark when the sun is rising is a plus.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear JC_1234,

We are so happy that you decided to stay with us for your first time, but we feel obligated to tell you, now that you’ve experienced the luxury of Loews Hotels you’ll never want anything else! And we couldn’t agree with you more, drapes that block out the sun are a total necessity! So here’s to a peaceful night’s rest! We hope to see you around soon!

Many thanks,
Loews Atlanta

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed 3 nights for business meetings during the week. Very impressed with cleanliness and furnishings. Most impressed with the quietness of the room and the air conditioning. Would definitely stay again whenever in Midtown Atlanta.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Gary,

Congratulations on your first Trip Advisor review! It means a lot that you took time out of your day to write such kind words about us! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and can’t wait for you to come back and visit soon. You’ll always have a place here in Midtown!

Alex Pomiechowski
Director of Housekeeping
Loews Atlanta

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Such an excellent hotel! We had an amazing stay on Saturday night for the Music Midtown festival. Caz is the night manager, and he and his staff were so pleasant and nice and fun. The room was lovely and the views of midtown were excellent. We were there to have a great time, and we absolutely did. The location can't be beat, and the bar is lovely. If you are coming to Atlanta, this is an amazing place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Suzanne,

First of all, congratulations on completing your first Trip Advisor review! We know it’s not easy to take time out of your day, but we sincerely appreciate all your kind words! We have passed on your compliments to our Assistant Front Office Manager, Caz. He is a fantastic member of the Loews Atlanta family and we are glad you picked up on that! We hope your Music Midtown experience was everything you dreamed of and we can’t wait to have you back soon! Keep on reviewing, Suzanne!

Thanks again,
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at the Lowes in Midtown Atlanta for 4 nights in September. I was there attending a convention at the hotel. I arrived well before check in time, and there were no reooms available, but the front desk attendant was so pleasant and accomodating, it wasn't much of an issue. As promised, she called me on my cell phone as soon as the room was ready. Everyone at the hotel was so friendly, from the bellhop to the valet to the housekeeping staff. They all went out of their way to say hello. The hotel is relatively new, and is very nice. The lobby and bar are great spaces to hang out in. Rooms are nice, and very clean. The hotel is in a great location in midtown - an easy walk to the High Museum and Botanical Gardens, and plenty of great restaurants nearby. Although there are lots of hotel choices in Atlanta, I would most likely return here for my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Yadkin,

All your kind words really make everything we do at Loews Atlanta worthwhile. We take pride in creating a team that is genuinely excited to be here and especially happy to help out our guests whenever any need arises. As for our hotel, we are happy that you enjoyed hanging out in the lobby and bar. We hope you had a chance to enjoy at least one of our signature cocktails, but if not, they will always be available on your next visit, served with a smile! We look forward to your next visit, when you can enjoy our services and everything Midtown Atlanta has to offer.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Arrival to the hotel is a little confusing...the parking, elevators, and directions. The hotel is nice, the rooms are good, but it was the interaction with the staff that was disappointing. It started with asking an employee in the elevator about directions. It was obvious he was just off work and only told us what floor he was getting off and that was it. The other couple in the elevator - we just looked at each other with surprise from the employee's response. We laughed it off, but I experienced that throughout the Hotel. Check in was fine, but it came across as "whatever, don't care if you're here or not" kind of attitude. I interacted with five different dept/staff and it was pretty much the same. The friendliest employee I came across was the housekeeper on my floor in the hallway. I realize it was a busy weekend, but I expected more from Loews. Being in the biz for so long, I am hyper-critical of Hotels, but that was my experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear WilburFudge

While we are elated that you experienced such a warm welcome from your housekeeper, we are disappointed that the rest of your stay was lackluster. I know you felt that we were apathetic to your presence here at Loews Atlanta, but I can assure you that we are genuinely excited when a person chooses to stay with us. I’m sorry that feeling didn’t translate on your visit. We do really appreciate your comments and will take them and share them with our staff. So the next time you come in, and we truly hope you do, your stay will be nothing short of spectacular.

Sincerely

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Midtown Loews in Atlanta. I was only in town for one night to attend the MNF game at the Georgia Dome. Check in was quick and flawless, Room was clean and well appointed with beautiful views from the floor to ceiling windows. Valet was especially a big help when I had arrived at the tailgate lot only to realize I had left my game tickets in my glove box. After paying $20 to park I was not about to leave to pick these tickets up. I phoned the Valet stand and they were very accomidating and retrieved the tickets from my car for a friend to pick up. I did not get to enjoy the lobby bar but it looked very inviting. Given the brief stay I did not get to enjoy all the amenities availble but I would stay again and recommend others to do so.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear mkoons19,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We all know the panic of leaving something you need behind, that’s why everyone here at Loews Atlanta will go out of their way to help get you what you need. And you’re right; Bar Eleven is not only inviting but has some of the best drinks in town. On your next visit, you’ll have to come by and say hello to one of our friendly bartenders! We hope to see you around our lobby again soon!

Many Thanks,