“Very helpful front desk staff member!”

Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Very helpful front desk staff member!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed here for a conference earlier this month. My colleague and I were assisted by Michael at the front desk and he was very helpful. He went above and beyond and helped us purchase tickets to the aquarium from the hotel rather than having to go there and wait in line. The congierge could not find the tickets and Michael stepped in to help. We were tight on time so it really helped! The hotel is really nice overall. The location was good but not what I expected. If you want to be close to the tourist area this isn't quiet it. Overall it was a great stay. Thank you Michael!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Lflores3
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Dear Lflores3,

Congratulations on completing your first TripAdvisor review. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day and for choosing Loews Atlanta Hotel as the subject. We really appreciate all the kind words you said about Michael at our front desk and we have passed along your remarks to him. He is truly an asset to the Loews Atlanta family and we are glad you noticed that as well. Hopefully you had the opportunity to take our complimentary house car service to the destinations of your choosing. But if not, don’t worry, we will be happy to take you on your next stay with us!

Safe Travels,
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Not only was the hotel beautifully appointed and the staff friendly but even the restaurant was excellent. Being in a customer service business, I am sometimes overly critical when I receive poor service. No need to do that here, the staff at the Loews Atlanta was exceptional. From the front desk, to the wait staff, the bellman, security, everyone I met on my recent stay went out of their way to be pleasant, friendly and helpful. It was one of the best business travel experiences I have ever had, I was totally impressed.

Dear Deborah N.,

We fully understand, being in the customer service industry makes us all a little hyperaware of the service we receive. However, we are so happy that we surpassed your expectations! It was amazing to read that throughout your stay we wow’d you from reception to departure. We have printed your kind remarks and placed them where our team members can see the outcome of all their hard work, happy guests!

Thanks so much!
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Atlanta is not a favored destination for me and so, when our events coordinator told me that we were having an event in Midtown Atlanta, my heart sank. I will say however that the Loews on Peachtree in Midtown, surprised me.

Admittedly, midtown is a curious mix of new and old, some classic Victorian structures and then these towering walls of glass. Be warned that if you're staying here, come prepared with all the toiletries and requisites that you should need. The concession downstairs, called the market is hopelessly understocked and there are no Rite Aids or corner stores in easy walking distance or at least none that I could find.

Within walking distance of the MARTA it is easily identifiable if you're going in the right direction. Many restaurants and eating establishments are also within easy walking distance.

The hotel is well appointed and provides great conference facilities on level C, a towering 14 floors or so above street level. Reception was pleasant and efficient and the bar area is serviced by charming personnel and provides a good range of libations.

Internet access is regrettably charged for, and the rooms are on a par with any of the leading chains with rooms provided with roomy bathrooms with quality towels and toiletries.
A coffee maker with plenty of coffee and tea makings is provided although the disposable cups is a little annoying when you don't plan to make a to-go cup. The desk in the room has a RJ45 network connection but I couldnt get that to work and resorted to WIFI which performed ok.
The desk or writing surface doesn't come with a power socket in the standing lamp or built into the desk so come prepared with a long power cord.

If I attend a conference again in Atlanta, I would hope that it is here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better and have pretty good noise reduction
Dear ClintonJ1,

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We are constantly looking for ways to do things differently, and your note definitely gives us ideas to deliver a superior guest experience. We are very happy that you really enjoyed your stay and will come back to stay here on your return.

Your thoughts on the availability of sundries in the store has been communicated to the Store Manager, and if you are able to contact us with any specific items that you think would be helpful, please feel free to contact me at mkoka@loewshotels.com. There is however, a CVS and Publix within a 10 minute walking distance from the hotel. We understand that you had to pay for internet, it is a service we currently offer without charge to our frequent traveling guests who are Blue members or higher of our You First program. We highly recommend that you join this program to take advantage of this and many other useful benefits. As for the disposable cups, its good that you bring this up, as we are currently in the process of identifying a ceramic cup for the rooms in addition to the to-go cups.

It's always great when someone can take the time to share their experience and we are always looking for ways to be the market leaders. So, thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Everyone was so kind and helpful with sincerity, nice room, all around very enjoyable stay and highly recommended. Nice rooms, nice bar, very good location. And as I'm a man of few words, I hope this bets me past the ridiculous 2oo character minimum.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear JackDott,
Your review was quite funny! I’m glad that Loews Atlanta made such a lasting impression on you, or at least 200 characters worth. We sincerely appreciate you taking time from your day to complete the survey and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many Thanks,
Palmdale, California
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Turning my Tuskegee University Homecoming into a mini vacation in Atlanta was perfect. Loews Hotel in Atlanta was awesome. The service I received was impeccable. From the time of me pulling up to valet to the time of me pulling away from the valet 3 days later I was greeted with a welcome and always a remembrance. My only regret was that I did not ask for a business card from everyone of the helpful individuals that work there, butbut I did receive one from Kelsey the Concierge rep. My room was very nice and comfortable. Loews is pretty pricey, but I had already prepared myself of my expenses. I yearly recommend this lovely hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Danie04,
Congratulations on writing your first TripAdvisor review! We hope you enjoyed your Tuskegee University Homecoming as much as you enjoyed your stay with us at Loews Atlanta. We have passed on your glowing remarks to Kelsey and she was excited to know that she made such a lasting impression on you. We always are glad to hear that! We hope the two hour drive from here to Tuskegee wasn’t too bad because we would love to see you around our lobby again soon! And for all our Tuskegee University fans out there… Go Golden Tigers!!!

Wishing you all the best,
Jonathan Vendrick
Concierge Manager
Georgia, USA
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

super-friendly staff and clean hotel in the heart of atlanta's midtown nightlife. for the price, you can't do better. splurge for a high-floor suite. within walking distance of restaurants and bars to please all types and orientations. get loose then sleep tight.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear RossGrisham,

We appreciate all the kind feedback about our friendly staff and hotel aesthetics. Plus, what great advice! A high floor suite is definitely the way to go if you want spectacular views over all the sights and attractions of Midtown. Along with all the activity options in Midtown, when you return, please do stop by our vibrant Bar eleven and try some tasty Southern flair at Restaurant eleven.

Thanks Again,
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Loews Atlanta Housekeeping
NE Tennessee
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Attended a conference. Great facility, great views. Wish that hotels would comp parking: seems a bit like blackmail to charge $20 a day when you're staying at their hotel. Guess that would just up the room cost, and everybody does it. Be a really great opportunity for a hotel to stand out above the rest. Super friendly staff, nice rooms. Bit of trouble with the WiFi, but their tech staff was very friendly and efficient and got me on. But several members of my group also indicated that they had had trouble and connecting took a while the first time.

Room Tip: Like the higher floors: great view if you are above the surrounding buildings.
Dear TravelLion,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us such valuable feedback. While we are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and the views, we are disappointed that Wi-Fi troubles impacted your experience. It is good to hear that our staff was able to resolve the issue immediately. We appreciate your comments about parking, we do however, study the market before charging for any services. Your thoughts are very important and have definitely provided food for discussion.

Thanks again,