“beautiful hotel, very friendly staff, great room service”

Ranked #5 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here for work last weekend. My room was beautiful. It was nice that the bathroom had a shower and a bathtub. I ordered dinner and breakfast in the room, and while it was typically pricey it was really quite good, breakfast especially. I was thankful the valet pointed out I could save money by self-parking, which was just fine with me. I can't comment on the value since the room was covered by another organization.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear lbg217,

First of all, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a TripAdvisor review for us. We always love to hear what our guests have to say about all the hard work we do here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and we are glad that our valet staff had the opportunity to help you save some money.

Thank you again for your review and we can't wait to hear from you again soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I joined my husband in Atlanta for the weekend while he was in town for business. We stayed in a King Deluxe room on the 26th floor. The hotel was very nice and we had a good time. The reason I ranked the hotel as a 4 is because I thought the hotel was nice but the cost for the room was high. The valet staff was amazing, always had my car ready for me, and took great care of us. We had several drinks at the hotel bar which were good and the bar staff were very friendly. I had breakfast in my room one morning and it took about 40 minutes to get to my room and was just okay. Overall a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: The 26th floor is key access only and super quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jewelsnicole
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear JewelsNicole,

We are so happy to read that you had such a great time here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Everyone here really does try their hardest to create an experience of a lifetime for all our guests! And you are completely right- the valet staff is completely amazing! It's always nice to see them hustling and bustling around the hotel. Thank you again for all your feedback and comments! We can't wait to see you here in Atlanta again very soon!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel was beautiful, clean, and well situated. But, the hotel staff issues truly remarkable. Each person that I met remembered my name, greeted me with a smile, and was eager to help me. I was extremely satisfied and would recommend the hotel highly.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear SZBrodie,

First of all, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a TripAdvisor review for us. We greatly appreciate the feedback as we love to read all our customers' comments. It was great to hear that you thought everything was "beautiful, clean and well situated" and we can't wait to see you around the lobby again soon!

Many thanks,
Mohan Koka
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Atlanta Loews is a gem. Bren in valet parking made me feel like a VIP. Khan, bellman was very accommodating and patient. Minor touchups of wear on furniture. Rooms are clean and sunny. Very cost friendly and convenient to great restaurants. One major issue for me was lack of housekeeping services on Saturday of my 4 day stay!!!!!

Room Tip: . Rooms on east side of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear V292013,

We are so happy that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and that you thought Bren and Khan were so helpful. They are a joy to work with and we are glad they made such an impact on your stay. Everyone at Loews Atlanta really does try very hard to make sure each and every guest has the best experience possible! Thank you for taking the time and reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

Mohan Koka
Director of Room

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Location is great. Super close to Piedmont Park. Great people watching in Lobby as 1st night as Spellman and Morehouse were having some type of reunion. 2nd night was 4 different wedding parties. Parking was super expensive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear NoogaKid,

We are so happy to read that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. You are absolutely correct when you said that we have great people watching spots. You can always see someone walking through our lobby doors!

We can't wait to see you again!
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I've visited the lobby bar at this hotel a couple times and I was always curious what it was like upstairs. So I decided to book a room for Friday night to enjoy a little R&R. I booked the 'Premium suite with 'upgraded bath amenities'. I assumed this would mean I was getting something pretty nice, a jacuzzi bath, let's say. Nope, it was just a tiny cramped little bathroom with a shallow bathtub and a sad little television crammed into a niche in the wall. The television isn't even viewable from the bath because of the angle it's placed at. Why bother?

The room itself was equally small and unimpressive. There was a mini bar but it was key-locked for some reason. Apparently you have to call down to the concierge for a key and wait 30 minutes while someone brings it up if you would like refreshments from there. I have no idea why this is a thing, it's the first hotel I have ever stayed in that does that.

In short - I don't think I would ever stay here again, but I will say that it might be a decent option for business travel. It has that cold, sterile atmosphere you want when you're not traveling for leisure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Alex Q.,

While we are so happy to read that you thought our hotel would be a great fit for business travelers, we are sorry to hear that you didn't have a fabulous time with us. We always try very hard to create a great experience for all our guests but thank you for taking time out of our day to write a Trip Advisor review for us.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 26 October 2013

...you might like this otherwise contemporary well appointed hotel. My experience is that the the clientele is more roadside budget inn than sophisticated traveler. Obviously since this hotel is in the heart of lively midtown where partying goes on well beyond midnight in the immediate neighborhood and streets outside, you are not expecting an oasis in the middle of a desert. But, rowdy throngs of people yelling down the halls and partying outside your door is not an amenity to be proud of for a well established luxury hotel chain. Want quiet - don't stay here. Like partying as if it's Collins avenue Miami but without the ocean and beach, then you might like it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank icahn

Dear icahn,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a Trip Advisor review for us. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have an extraordinary visit. Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to discuss this further my email is dmailloux@loewshotels.com.

Safe Travels,