“Great Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Los Angeles, California
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I Spent an extended period of time in Atlanta for work. Loews made me feel right at home. A friendly and helpful staff from check-in to check-out. Jonathan and the entire concierge desk went out of their way to make me and my wife happy. I'll be back.

1 Thank John B
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear John B.,

We are so happy that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and that you thought all our staff was so "friendly and helpful." We try very hard to make sure each and every guest has the best experience possible and I will be certain to pass along all your compliments to Jonathan. He is truly a rock-star and works very hard to make sure everyone's stay is as amazing as it can be! Thank you for taking the time and reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

Mohan Koka
Director of Room
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a wonderful hotel in Atlanta. I'm becoming a huge fan of the Loews brand, many thanks to my two week stay here for work. The staff at the hotel were all very welcoming, and the facilities were very nice. Staying at the hotel gives you access to a very large health club with a nice spa - but hours are somewhat limited. The hotel is in a nice part of midtown close to a variety of restaurants and bars.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear MrMewe,

We are so happy to read that you had such a great time here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Everyone here really does try their hardest to create an experience of a lifetime for all our guests! And you are completely right- Loews Atlanta is settled down in the perfect corner of Midtown! It's so easy to walk around the hotel and find so much to do! Thank you again for all your feedback and comments! We can't wait to see you here in Atlanta again very soon!

Many Thanks,
omagh
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is in a good location close to the Marta . There were also a few nice restaurants close by.
The room was clean & the bed comfortable. Something I couldn't understand was they left a number of items that were part of the mini bar out on the table on a tray. Was this to encourage you to take them??
On our 1st night around 3am we were woken by noise from next door. It was a connecting room. There were a number of women obviously back from a night out talking & laughing loudly. We put up with it for a while & then phoned down to security. They dealt with it promptly & all was quiet thereafter.
But here's the niggle. We checked out & paid out bill in full. A few days after returning home I noticed a small extra charge on my credit card. When I queried this I was told it was for a mini bar item. We had never used the mini bar during our stay. They refunded the amount at once but I don't think they should be putting extra charges on a credit card without the customers approval.
Also find another way to display mini bar items which is a bit more secure.
Would I stay here again? Yes

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TravelLoverOmagh,

Thank you so much for writing a TripAdvisor review for all of us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We always love reading genuine feedback from actual customers, it's how we continually grow and learn.

We are sorry that you felt having some additional amenities on display in our guest rooms and that there was a discrepancy in your folio. We are happy that we were able to correct this mistake and that you were so accommodating.

We hope to see you again soon,
Stephen Spinks
Assistant Front Office Manager
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I surprised my husband of now 9 years with a night at the Loews in Atlanta. I had never been there so didn't really know what to expect. Wow, the people were amazing. Just want to thank all of them for making our night away from the kids so wonderful. The restaurant Robert suggested and made reservations for us was awesome. Jonathan was welcoming and friendly. We stayed on the 26th and were very comfortable but I will have to say it would have been better if the view was not of an office building but more of the landscape/city. Still had a great time though. Thank you all

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Cyndy M.,

We are so happy to read that you had such a great stay with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. All our team members read our TripAdvisor reviews and we get very excited when we get to read fantastic ones like these. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I recently stayed at Loews Atlanta for 2 nights while on a business trip. Chose the hotel due to its high ratings, which turned out to be a total disappointment.

The room smells bad, either someone smoked in there, or the room has not been lived in for years. Try to brew a cup of tea; it came out with a bad smell even after I’ve tried to flush the machine two cycles.

The toilet leaked non-stop, I had to call housekeeping. The technician who showed up to fix it gave me eyeballs, no greetings. No one offered an apology.

The registration desk told me about a free chauffer service that will take me anywhere within 3 miles. It never happened. First time I tried I was told that the driver could not be reached. Second time, the concierge was busy and told me to catch a cab. Third time, I called 15 minutes ahead as I was asked to, the call was transferred to a local shuttle company who told me to book 24 hours ahead. I gave up and used taxi.

Today I found out they charged my card for additional $16, which is not on my bill. Called and was told it was the mini-bar. I never touched anything in that bar. Okay, they said as a courtesy the charge can be waived – I had to point out that was no courtesy but fraud correction.

I stayed on the 12th floor - street noise was loud.

2 Thank CCQQ
Dear CCQQ,

We are so sorry to read that your stay here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel didn't met your expectations. We appreciate the feedback and we will certainly make sure we double-check the Keurig machine and restroom in order to prevent further incidents like this.

los angeles
Reviewed 12 November 2013

While traveling on business this week, I came down with a horrific case of food poisoning. Everyone at the hotel, from the chambermaid (who had to deal with the towels) to the concierge (who comped me three bottles of ginger ale) to the lady who runs the market (who rustled up soda crackers, called the concierge, and double checked that I was OK before leaving her shift) was kind and helpful and concerned. The hotel amenities are good, the location is excellent, but the staff really went above and beyond. Next time I'm in Atlanta, I'll certainly stay here!

Dear Lynn B.,

We are so sorry to hear that you were ill when you were here last! There are so many great things to do and see outside of these hotel walls that we are remiss that you didn't get to enjoy them. Next time you are in the city please reach out to me before your stay so we can show you all the great things that Atlanta has to offer!

Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was very disappointed with the service I received at this hotel. To begin, they charge $400 to your credit card to hold for "incidentals." While I understand most hotels take a credit card number for these purposes, I was not told how much would be held. When I noticed the charge I contacted the front desk and was told it would remain pending and then reverse when I checked out. Not only did the charge post to my account, but after I checked out I was told it would take a week to be refunded. The only staff that really stood out to me were the doormen who were very friendly and helpful. The food at the hotel restaurant "eleven" is good but nothing special. Not to mention that the $18 breakfast buffet they offer is almost identical to the free continental breakfasts you would receive at much cheaper hotels. Overall, I think the hotel is very overrated and everything is way overpriced.

Dear Lynn P.,

We are so sorry to hear that you didn't have a fabulous stay with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. It's our standard procedure to hold $100/night for incidentals and that charge is reversed when you check out. We are sorry that you felt this process was inconvenient.

We will pass along all your compliments to Jackson, our Loews Atlanta doorman. He is truly a great person and we are so happy he made an impact on your stay.