“Relaxing & easy weekend trip with the family”

Ranked #5 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It is never easy traveling with four young children ages 9, 6, 3 and 1, but the Loews-Atlanta, helped make it a very pleasurable and relaxing weekend.

Checking-in took less than five minutes! And when we got up to our room, we were surprised with welcoming gifts for our children. The hotel set up an awesome arts and crafts kit, and bathtub toys. We didn't expect for this at all and it occupied the kids for hours!

Our gorgeous room had floor-to-ceiling windows with a beautiful view of the city. There was a king-sized bed in the master bedroom, a queen pull-out bed in the large living room, and a playpen which they had waiting in the room for us. We all fit nicely and had plenty of room to sleep, relax and even play hide and seek. There was a large dining room table where we feasted on our room service delivery, which took about 10 minutes to arrive from the time we called it in.

The bathroom was really great as well. It had a huge bathtub and separate shower, double sinks, hair dryer, tv and a bench seat. The kids all wanted to take baths, which is usually a chore for us at home.

The next morning I had to run a few errands and called the valet for my car. I headed down and my car was waiting for me. Glad I did not have to wait because it was freezing outside.

The concierge was very helpful with directions and finding us things to do.

The hotel was also running a toy drive and had a ton of donated gifts under a beautiful Christmas tree. That was really nice to see.

Upon our departure, I didn't even have to check out. My final bill was emailed to me.

Overall, we had a great time at the Loews. They really made everything a breeze. The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were AMAZING, the staff was attentive and went WAY above and beyond. The energy of the entire hotel is just great and extremely positive. I cannot say enough about this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ANDREW H
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Andrew H.,

We were so happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We can’t wait to see you again soon! Make sure to reach out to me before your next stay so we can make you visit even more special.

Safe travels,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Our stay at the Loews Atlanta was fabulous on every level. The room was lovely, comfortable, and posh. The bed was SUPER comfortable, and the bathroom was nicely laid out. The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful -- they genuinely seemed to care about us and our experience rather than just "going through the motions." The room-service was timely, polite, and delicious. We got spoiled by being able to call ahead the night before and order coffee service--a lovely way to wake up the next morning! The hotel itself is beautiful, clean, sleek, and perfectly located in Midtown (easy little walk to lots of restaurants and Marta). We've stayed at lots of very nice hotels (including the W right down the street), and this was easily in my top 2%. Loved it!

Room Tip: Get a corner suite. It's worth it! The view is spectacular!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Miranda4532013

Dear Miranda4532013,

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and that you thought your room was so "lovely, comfortable, and posh!" That's such a nice compliment to hear and we are so happy you had a great stay! We can't wait to see you around again real soon and if you have a moment, you should like our page on Facebook to keep up to date on all the great things we have going on in and around the Loews Atlanta Hotel.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I booked this hotel at the very last minute because it was half a block from where I had to be the next day. The hotel was incredibly busy when I arrived, and the taxi driver had great difficulty dropping me off at the door in the very small and badly engineered driveway. The hotel was packed with health care conference attendees, a lovely bunch. Despite the fact that there was a huge crowd, I had absolutely no wait an no difficulty checking in. If there is one thing this place has, its adequate, helpful and friendly staff. I found my room on the 22d floor to be very comfortable, although for the amount of work I usually do in my room the desk was not adequate for my needs. The floor to ceiling windows were beautiful, sadly though, I had a view of Bank of America and not Stone Mountain. The bed was super comfy and everything was quiet. In the morning, I ordered room service which was expensive but really good ham omelet with cheese grits. You can't go wrong with cheese grits in Georgia. I complain that I had to pay 1.50 for the in-room coffee.

2  Thank marcyro
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Marcyro,

We are so happy that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and that you thought our staff was so "helpful and friendly." We try very hard to make sure each and every guest has the best experience possible! Thank you for taking the time and reviewing us on Trip Advisor and we can't wait to see you and your bowl of our cheese grits around for your next visit.

Mohan Koka
Director of Room

Reviewed 4 December 2013

From check in to check out the staff was extremely courteous and professional. The room was a good size, bathroom was large. Room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint with the room was the desk chair, not comfy at all. The hotel has a restaurant, bar, spa etc. I didn't use them as I was not at the hotel much. The hotel is in midtown, just 2 blocks from a MARTA train station and right next to a MARTA bus stop, makes life easy if using public transit. Would stay again if I find myself back in Atlanta. Also the hotel seemed pet friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great skyline view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear MichaelP99,

We are so happy to read that you had such a great time here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Everyone here really does try their hardest to create an experience of a lifetime for all our guests! And you are completely right our premium levels have amazing views of the skyline! Thank you again for all your feedback and comments! We can't wait to see you here in Atlanta again very soon!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We spent one night at the Loews Atlanta. As promised by the booking agent, we had a fabulous room with a view all the way to Stone Mountain. Every employee we interacted with was courteous and helpful. Room service was fast and very good. We will definitely stay there again when is downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear LiveOak33,

We are so happy that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and that you had a "fabulous room" and that your view was amazing! We try very hard to make sure each and every guest has the best experience possible! Thank you for taking the time and reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

Mohan Koka
Director of Room

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was the third time I have stayed at the Loews Hotel in Atlanta and I am continued to be amazed by the tip top services and quality of the hotel and staff. Very clean, very modern, and very friendly. Cannot wait until I stay there the next time in Atlanta. Based on the Atlanta experience, I always look for Loews in other cities for future travels. Thank you!

Dear Harry C.,

Safe travels,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We recently stayed at the Loews Atlanta on Peachtree Street. This is the newest of the Loews properties and is excellent. We were here on business and I would highly recommend the hotel. The service is outstanding. All of the staff were very helpful and seemed truly interested in making our stay as wonderful as possible. Upon checking in we were told that they had booked a double room for us. We requested a king and they graciously found us a king on floor 22 with a view of the park. Great room and view. The bathroom was spacious and immaculate with a separate shower and tub.
The food is also excellent. We ate at Eleven and would highly recommend it. The hotel is located in a great part of midtown with lots of dining options within walking distant, from tex-mex to seafood. We chose to stay at the Loews for dining. The wine list is also excellent. We tried a 2011 14 Hands Cab. Very smooth. Wine by the glass is pricey for the amount served which is our only negative comment.
If you enjoy working out this is the place to stay. The fitness center is state of the art with all new equipment. It is the nicest fitness center we have had the joy of using in quite awhile.
I would highly recommend this hotel. It is also pet and children friendly with separate children menus at the restaurants and room service, although we did not see many children. If you are a lover of dogs, this is the place. Several couples sat in the lounge area with their furry friends. Overall, a great stay. We can't wait to return.

Dear Trish692,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to review the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We greatly appreciate it and we can’t wait to see you around our lobby again very soon! We loved reading that you thought all our staff was "very helpful and seemed truly interested in making our stay as wonderful as possible." That's a great thing to say and we hope to see you again very soon!!

Many thanks,