“Bad experience” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Tennessee
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving at the Loews Midtown Atlanta, I checked in and upon turning down the bed, noticed numerous hairs, dirt and stains on the bed linens. Obviously, the linens were not changed after the previous guest departed. I called down to the front desk and after an awkward answer from the front desk, she said she would send someone up. As for my comment on the answer being "awkward", when the phone was answered, there was a long pause with grunting and hacking, which lasted for 15-20 seconds before I got a muted "hello".

Back to point, she said she would send someone to change the linens and after an hour, no one showed. I called back down, they apologized for the delay and said housekeeping was working on "other things" and said she'd send someone up. I told her I was stepping out for a few minutes, so they could come in when they arrived. Upon my return, I checked the sheets and the duvet cover, which should be changed each stay, had a noticible blood stain that was there previously. I called back down, asking if they were not supposed to change the duvet cover (which is a white sheet which the duvet slips into) after each stay and received a rambling response of "I am not sure of the policy". As I waited for them to come change the cover, I received a knock on the door. Was it housekeeping? No, it was someone bringing a wine opener, which I hadn't ordered.

As I type this, an hour has passed and they have yet to show to change the cover. I expect I will have to call back down.

Unacceptable! Cleanliness and customer service are expected. I spend 5 or so nights weekly in a hotel, so am not a picky traveler. This was quite surprising.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank climbtosafety
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear ClimbToSafety,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a TripAdvisor review for all of us here at Loews Atlanta Hotel. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have an extraordinary stay with us during your visit to Atlanta. I would like to discuss this further with you so we can get all the information and make sure that we, as an organization, learn from this experience. My email is dmailloux@loewshotels.com.

Safe Travels,
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Our son and daughter in law reside in Midtown Atlanta so when we visit them we attempt to check out different hotels. This is the first time we have stayed at the Loews and we really enjoyed ourselves. The room was great and the location was excellent. This is a very busy hotel so beware of the busy checkout time! We stayed on the 18th floor and our view was wonderful. The location is perfect for walking to many nice restaurants. We also enjoyed the hotel bar at the Loews-it had some really nice bar food! I almost forgot to mention we were able to bring our dog. Loews accepts pets and we greatly appreciated being able to bring her. The fee for our dog was very minimal. Thank you Loews!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank janaroo22
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear janaroo22,

We are so happy to read that you had such a great time here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Everyone here really does try their hardest to create an experience of a lifetime for all our guests! And you are completely right- the views really are more fantastic from the 18th floor! Thank you again for all your feedback and comments!

We can't wait to see you and your four-legged family member again in Atlanta very soon!

Many Thanks,
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Have stayed at a few Loews and always well run and great for conferences.

The Atlanta Loews is no exception, well run, big rooms and the staff are always on hand to provide service.

The rooms are big with one of the most comfortable beds I have encountered and the bathrooms have both a bath and a shower.

The gym is the biggest I have encountered at a hotel and really well appointed.

Overall a very pleasant hotel to stay at.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Grey999
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Grey999,

We were so happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We can’t wait to see you again soon! Make sure to reach out to me before your next stay so we can make you visit even more special.

Safe travels,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My first trip to Atlanta - I like to research possible hotels to stay and there are many fine choices in the midtown area... however, I emailed three of the choice hotels asking them to tell me about their hotel and why I would want to stay with their "brand". My email included my standard format signature with my office phone - Imagine my surprise when a Vice President of Loews called my desk within 5 minutes of me hitting send to make himself available to answer any questions and to tell me about their hotel. I didn't book right then, but upon my second contact from the hotel checking on my interest I made the reservation. From arrival to departure the stay was first rate - Great locatoin - within walking distance of many great restaurants - new my name from the moment I walked through the door and continued to address my by it throughout my stay - I needed to work many of the evenings on projects and presentations and the work area provided in the room was more than sufficient and provided the perfect space to focus. Plenty of outlets to plug and play in any corner of the room. I don't know how they did it - but the room was always meticulously maintained and I never saw the cleaning service - not even in the hallway. Live entertainment in Bar Eleven and great food via room service. Came to work and left relaxed! If you happen to travel here check out Ri-Ra an Irish Pub just around the corner!

Room Tip: Corner King was excellent view - I like the higher rooms - better view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank OCD2014
Dear OCD2014,

We are so happy that you reached out to us and that you had a great stay here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel! We love when people use social media to get in contact with us and that we were able to make your stay so wonderful!

Thank you again for taking the time and reviewing us on Trip Advisor!

Mohan Koka
Director of Room
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I planned a trip this past weekend to Highlands, NC but after being stuck at home all week in the Atlanta ice and snow, we had no desire to get stuck all weekend in the mountains. At the last minute, we decided to check in to the Loew's hotel. We booked a room with an online service and when we got to the hotel, it was no where to be found. No problem! Nonnie at check in helped us find a room at a better rate and spoke to the online service when I had to call them so we wouldn't be double charged for the room. We had a wonderful time and the hotel is beautiful. When we realized our phone charger was in our car the concierge even helped us get our phones charged back up! We will definitely reccomend this hotel to out of town guests and can't wait to come back for another "staycation" in Atlanta. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mllyg
Dear MllyG,

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Trust me, coming from someone who was stuck on the highway for 8+ hours during the first Atlanta "Snowpocalypse" we think your decision to stay in Atlanta was a wise one!

Thanks again,
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Wonderful hotel in general. The staff went above and beyond to assist me with some travel complications. I am very grateful for their professionalism and the personal attention and kindness I was shown. I would recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LRGreenville7
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Laurie R.,

Safe travels,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

All around fabulous!! Very busy hotel. Be sure I make your reservation in advance. Friendly and helpful staff.

Rented a Luxe Suite. Delicious drinks at Bar Eleven and fabulous breakfast at Eleven. Choose the buffet-- you get to taste everything!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank B34343
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear B34343,

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We can't wait to see you around again real soon and if you have a moment, you should like our page on Facebook to keep up to date on all the great things we have going on in and around the Loews Atlanta Hotel.

Thanks again,