“Great Service”

Ranked #4 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Danbury, Connecticut
“Great Service”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed at Lowes for a convention April 22-25, 2014. Had a small suite. Very clean, views from the 19th Floor were great. Staff was helpful and extremely friendly. I was waiting at the concierge desk while they were on the phone and a man walked over to ask if he could help. He was very nice and then introduced me to the woman at the concierge desk who provided me with detailed info. Turns out the man was the hotel's manager. Ate at the restaurant twice. One night was very slow service. However, they were quick to update us and apologize. Two in our party had allergies (fish and gluten) and the kitchen was able to prepare safe meals. (We had called several local restaurants to inquire and they could not accommodate food preparation for allergies). Hotel is not near anything for shopping, so you would have to take transportation. There were several conventions going on and that sometimes means things slip through the cracks, not so here. If we needed extra chairs, they were brought immediately, etc. Jackson at the main entrance has a million dollar smile, he's genuinely friendly and makes you feel like you are a long-lost friend coming to visit or someone who has visited him and he hopes you come again.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up allow for great views.
1 Thank DanburyDiner
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear DanburyDiner,

Thank you so much for writing a TripAdvisor review for us all here at Loews Atlanta Hotel. We greatly appreciate it and we can’t wait to see you around our lobby again very soon! I'm so glad that Jackson's smile made such a wonderful impact on your stay! It certainly does have quite an effect on people and I'll pass along all your compliments to Jackson. Can't wait to see you again soon!

Thanks again,
Matthew Ceballos
Front Office Manager
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Tennessee
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. I was thoroughly pleased with my stay. Check-in at noon was a breeze, and my room was ready. My king-sized room was spacious and immaculately clean. The location of the hotel near Piedmont Park is great, too.

The hotel staff was so friendly. I do not think one person passed by me over 3.5 days without saying hello and asking me about my day. I live in the South, so I'm used to southern hospitality, but this was super nice. I enjoyed the lobby bar. They have a good bartending staff and can handle a crowd well. The hotel gym is big and has just about everything you could want.

I don't give a 5-star rating lightly. This hotel definitely deserves it.

1 Thank travelgirlEJ
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear travelgirlEJ,

We are so happy that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and that you found us worthy of your highly-coveted 5-star ranking! We try very hard to make sure each and every guest has the best experience possible! Thank you for taking the time and reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

Mohan Koka
Director of Room
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My friend got married in Atlanta and the Loews was her host hotel. It was located across from the actual ceremony space and the staff was really great, especially Donald with the front door service as we needed extra hands to unload and reload all the items for ceremony. Rooms were lush with great views of the city and it's centrally located to tons of restaurants and social activities in the city. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TKaiPerry
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear TKaiPerry,

We are so happy that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and that you had such a wonderful time before your friend's wedding ceremony! I will pass along all your compliments to Donald, he is truly an amazing person and we are lucky to have him on our team! Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and please pass along our congratulations to the lucky couple!

Jay Heiskell
National Sales Manager
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed at Loews Atlanta in Midtown for a work conference. The standard room was nice. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was spacious and their meeting space was nice. Drinks in the bar were good but a bit expensive.

Room Tip: The standard room was fine.
2 Thank Tink0707
Dear Tink0707,

We were so happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We can’t wait to see you again soon! Make sure to reach out to me before your next stay so we can make you visit even more special.

Safe travels,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

After a work meeting for a couple of days in Augusta (that review coming), I headed to Atlanta for a two night stay at this hotel for the annual Lupus Walk for a Cure. With all of the traffic stops and delays and the bumper to bumper traffic heading into downtown (missing a turn) and finally arriving, what a relief. The valet was very helpful and advised the hotel had none valet parking in a parking garage (same place as valet parking) for $13.00 less. He took my bags from my car, placed them on a cart so they would be in the hotel lobby when I arrived after parking my car. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The lobby was clean, crisp and bright. After checking in, I went to my room on the 20th floor. WOW!!!! I upgraded to the Superior Deluxe with a nice view. The room was spacious and very nicely appointed, a simple elegance. The bathroom has a large tub and a stand alone shower. If you can fight the traffic through downtown Atlanta, this hotel is a gem you need to visit if you haven't already. There are restaurants, shops and Piedmont park nearby.

Room Tip: Even though my room was on the 20th floor, I could still hear some street noise such as the fire eng...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear SRGreen754,

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We hope you enjoyed the view from the 20th floor, personally we feel like there is nothing more relaxing that city lights at night! We can't wait to see you around again real soon and if you have a moment, you should like our page on Facebook to keep up to date on all the great things we have going on in and around the Loews Atlanta Hotel.

Thanks again,
Drew Mailloux
Marketing Manager
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at Loews Atlanta April 12-14th. I have to say this hotel is one of my favorites to date! My friends and I checked in kind of late... I would say around 9pm. The front desk agent was very personable and friendly. The lobby is beautiful, clean and very modern. Our room was a Premium 2 Double Beds Rooms on the 22nd floor on the corner of the hotel. (Elevators are fast!) The ceiling to the floor windows took me by surprise and the view was breathtaking!!!

The service was great and fast. Thoroughly impressed. I called housekeeping to bring up a few extra towels and they came in about 5-7 minutes. I also had breakfast at "Eleven", the restaurant on property. Anthony, our server was awesome. Very professional and never got anything wrong. He even accommodated my friends who came down to eat a lilttle while after I did. The food ws awesome, by the way. The staff overall was very helpful.

I also visited the spa/fitness center. TOP OF THE LINE. I went early in the morning. The facitlity was pristine, quiet and has every machine you could imagine and more. They also had other exercise options as well such as resistance training. Being someone that works out frequently, I was impressed. I will definitely plan to stay at Loews Atlanta in the future. Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room. Amazing view of the city.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Percy N
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Percy,

We were so happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us here at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We will pass along all your compliments to Anthony, he is an amazing asset to the team and we are so lucky to have him! We can’t wait to see you again soon! Make sure to reach out to me before your next stay so we can make you visit even more special.

Safe travels,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This has to be one of the finest hotels that my wife and I have stayed at! The service staff was excellent and very supportive throughout our entire stay. The room was well appointed and the bathroom is in a league all by itself. The location of Loews Atlanta was extremely convenient with numerous venues within easy walking distance to include the midtown MARTA station which we used to attend a Barves baseball game. We look forward to returning to Atlanta and will definitely be staying at Loews Atlanta in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank bouvdeflan
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear bouvdeflan,

We are so happy that you had a great stay here with us at the Loews Atlanta Hotel and that you thought our staff was so, "excellent and very supportive throughout our entire stay!"

Mohan Koka