“Chic and Hip, and LUXURIOUS at an Affordable Price”

Loews Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #3 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Seattle
“Chic and Hip, and LUXURIOUS at an Affordable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

I saw a special for 20% off 3 nights or more and went for it. I heard great reviews on the Loews Miami Beach, so decided to try this one. What a pleasant surprise. The hotel was absolutely immaculate in every way. We enjoyed every moment of it. The staff was great, and helpful in every which way possible. WHATEVER we needed, we got it. The breakfast bar was delicious - made to order omlettes, meats, fruits, pastries, pancakes, etc. . The room was tastefully decorated, and the bathroom was large, with a seperate tub and flat screen tv. Floor to ceiling windows overlooking downtown. Not to mention, Chris Brown was staying there also (this is how nice the place was). We even checked out at 3:00pm with no extra charge. I don't think it is the ideal place for families (no pool as yet, and there is a large bar/lounge area in the lobby) but for the younger, vibrant crowd this place is the way to go! This will definitely be my hotel of choice next time I visit the A!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Midland Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Great hotel and staff. Would stay there over and over again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

My husband and I booked the cheapest room with two beds at the Loews for a night on the town with my best friend and her husband to celebrate her birthday. We could not have asked for a better hotel for the night! I did a lot of research on the internet about hotels in the Midtown area and the Loews seemed like the best hotel for the money. We paid $130 for one night which was in some cases, half of the price of other hotels on the same Friday night. We were a bit worrysome about the cheap price for such a "ritzy" hotel but we gave it a shot. I also had ran across a couple of bad reviews (low water pressure, bad service, etc) but decided to still go for it. I am so glad we did because it ended up being the best hotel we have ever stayed at! The service was top notch and the room/hotel was extravegant!
We arrived around 6pm on a Friday night and the valet area was a little crowded (about 6 cars waiting) so we parked literally right across the street (20 feet away max) in the $5 parking lot. We were glad we did as valet is $30 a night and it seemed like you had to wait at least 5-10 minutes for your car to be parked by valet.
We walked in to a beautiful lobby with nice sitting areas and pretty lighting. The front desk had 3 employees waiting to serve us and no line to check in! The process was exceptional and we were checked in within three minutes! We were then directed to a bellhop who gathered our bags and cooler onto a cart and walked us to the elevators and to our room on the 22nd floor (I think there are 25 rooms all together).
There were 4 elevators to serve you so no waiting for them! The hallways were nice and quiet and when we went into the room, we were immediately were impressed. Every detail was addressed from numerous places of lighting (I think 6-8 lamps in the room) to the plush robes hanging in the closet. The mini-bar was stocked with everything you could imagine. The bathroom was gorgeous and even had a small tv on the wall! And the floor to ceiling window gave us an awesome view of the city.
We settled in very quickly and started to get ready for our night out. We brought our own "adult beverages" but they had plenty of nice glasses to use (wine, martini, etc). The bathroom was stocked with toiletrees you could actually use (and actually feel clean afterwards) and the towels were large and soft. The water pressure was great (so ignore the bad reviews about that...if it was a problem, its been fixed).
After getting ready, we hit the town and were able to walk everywhere! The lady at the front desk even helped us by not only telling us how to get there, but by taking the time to mapquest directions and print them out for us. We walked about 4 minutes down the street to a trendy restaurant called Shout (highly recommended) and then to the clubs which was another 4 minutes away. After a long night out, we were ready to get back to the room.
We watched TV for a bit (plenty of great channels including HBO and Starz) and then drifted straight to sleep in the "cloud" bed. It was one of the best nights of sleep we have ever had in a hotel. The pillows and down comforter were out of this world!
The next morning, we used the Kurig coffee maker which was wonderful, packed up, and headed downstairs to check out. Checking out was just as easy as checking in. There was no wait and the lady at the desk was courteous and provided excellent service. She even let us and the couple staying with us split the room onto our two credit cards. On the way to the car, we stopped by the valet guys to ask where the closet Waffle House or IHOP was and they immediately gave us directions and were extremely kind.
So overall, it was a fantastic stay and I would recommend it to anyone staying in the Midtown area. Ignore any bad reviews as this hotel is top notch and pays attention to detail! We stayed in the least expensive room they had and can't even imagine what the better rooms would have been like....probably wouldn't have been able to leave if we stayed in one of those.

Some other things to mention - I read a couple of different sites and some said the hotel has a pool and IPOD docking stations, but this is incorrect. It does not have either but it does have everything else and more. We did not go to the bar at the hotel but it looked super trendy and fun.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

This hotel is the best. Very Chic and trendy. The hotel price, staff, bar/lounge, room was great. I loved every minute of my stay. This hotel tops the Loews in Miami. I'll be staying here again, again, and again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

I travel a lot and never sleep well when I do. As of you business travelers out there know, this can be a real bummer, as it inhibits your ability to work at 100% of you capacity. Well the Eastern King Bed at the Loews was simply outstanding. They extra pillows to those who use a body pillow. The room was new and it showed, the marble glistened, the carper was utterly spot free, best of all the thermostat worked like a charm.
Lets talk about the staff. The ladies at the check in were kind of stone faced, not too approachable but everyone else went above and beyond. The driver took us to the Atlanta Mart when we unsure if we could get in. He said, "If you can't just call me back." We couldn't and he showed up in 5 minutes. The Concierges, who in my opinion make or break a trip, knew the area and were very helpful, one fellow was better than the other, but I forget their names. It is a very comfortable, user friendly hotel with a wonderful conscientious staff. You felt the staff really had an interest in the place being successful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank sarno49x
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

I took my boyfriend here to celebrate his birthday and invited some friends over for some drinks, food and birthday cake. We had an awesome time and the hotel is very trendy. We stayed on the 26th floor and the view was great and we live in Atlanta, but still enjoyed the ATL skyline. Bar Eleven was great and the assistant restaurant manager made sure that our party was very well taken care of... Thanks Michelle M. :-)

Take advantage of the great rates and packages as they just opened in April 2010 and competing with the many W Hotels in downtown. Loews is a new brand to the ATL market and I'm glad its here. I don't recommend the Loews in Philly.

Can't wait to visit this hotel again for a "stay-cation"...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Chesterland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

I loved this hotel: the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly (this included the front desk, the bartender, and the restaurant). The architechture was beautiful, the rooms had a fabulous view of the city, and the location was fabulous. This hotel was by far the best I've ever stayed in and would be my #1 recommendation for anyone traveling to ATL in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business