Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #53 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

My time spent at this hotel was great . The service exceeded my expectations. the staff was very helpful and the front desk personel, Kindall and Tara were extremely pleasant and helpful.. They accommodated my request with a smile and a willingness to service. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others seeking a hotel in the area.

Mac Billings

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank colbertgh
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the kind comments about our staff, and in particular Kendall and Tara! I will share them with our entire team. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

My sister and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express from May 25-May29. The hotel is only 1 1/2 years old, but has signs of wear and tear already. When I got to my room, noticed that there was a large stain on the rug between the beds. The carpet is very busy, so it was not blatant. The walls in the room were somewhat marked up, considering the hotel is less than two years old.

When I went to use the bathroom sink, the water pressure was just above a trickle. I mentioned this to the front desk and they said they would send a maintenance person to check it out. Later, when I inquired whether someone had checked it out, they said that someone had checked it out and it was fine. My sister and I then concluded that it was intentionally fixed that way to conserve water. Thing is, I could barely rinse my mouth out, it was so weak.

The hotel plays soft rock 24/7. The first night it really bothered my friend, so the next day, we stopped at the Walgreens right near the hotel so that she could buy ear plugs. We didn't mention this to the front desk, but it is annoying.

The breakfast is mediocre. Their mainstay is scrambled eggs, bisquits, sausage and gravy. There is also a pancake maker, sweet rolls, muffins, bread and English muffins. There is also cereal, juice, coffee, water etc. I was hoping that there would be fresh fruit like a melon medley, but they only had red delicious apples and if you got to breakfast early enough, bananas. Also, right at the stroke of 9:30 am, everything is cleared out as fast as lightning. If you were even 5 minutes later then 9:30 am, you missed out on breakfast.

The beds were OK, but not especially comfortable. My bed actually felt a bit lumpy. They were also higher then normal because they were resting on a platform.

Having the option of a shuttle was very convenient for me, since I needed transportation from the airport to the hotel The shuttle also took me to the nearby plaza, so that I could stop at Target and eat at Red Lobster.

My sister and I agreed that one of the best features of the hotel is the large deck which is off of the dining area. It overlooks a small lake which is very pretty. We ate on the deck a couple of times and enjoyed the serene beauty. while enjoying the beautiful weather.

One other nice feature was a TV monitor which listed all the Delta flights. Since I was flying Delta, it was nice to be able to find out what gate my flight was leaving from.

The staff was pleasant and helpful, so that is always a plus.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marvy1952
Thank you for the many kind comments about our hotel and staff. I am glad you discovered our newest feature, our 2000 sq ft outdoor lakefront deck, which was just completed last month, and our lobby airline flight display board and Boarding Pass Kiosk and Printer are a great convenience for our airport customers. I am sorry that you found some aspects off your stay disappointing. I was able to determine which room you stayed in and inspected it myself. The not too obvious carpet stain you found was a permanent stain from some type of dye so we have replaced that area of carpet. The sink faucet is a very modern decorative design and is designed to flow like a waterfall, similar to our public restroom sinks. The music in our public areas features everything from Frank Sinatra to Jimi Hendrix and is standard in all of our properties. The vast majority of our customers find it fun and energizing, and had you asked the Front Desk to lower the volume for you while enjoying the lobby they would have gladly done this for you. Our full hot breakfast is served daily from 6am to 9:30am and is very popular with our guests. Our new pillowtop mattresses receive rave reviews (I am often providing the manufacturers name and contact info with our guests) and our customer satisfaction scores rank well above the norm. There were no detectable problems with your room mattress from my inspection. We are a new hotel and customer comments mean a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

Wanted hotel near airport but far enough away to avoid jet noise. Thought 5 miles away was far enough. Wrong. Right on jet path. Heard jets all night. Turned on AC to dampen noise but frooze to death because new AC system has no fan only and will run constantly only when kept at low temps. Compounding noise issue, we stayed in room on front side getting additional noise from hotel shutttle van and parking lot. Suggest asking for room in rear looking out on a pond and presumably quieter. Hotel itself was fine. New and comfortable. Staff polite. Breakfast buffet better than most.

Room Tip: Backside higher floor away from elevator
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jondr
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and thank you for the positive comments regarding our hotel, staff and full hot buffet breakfast. Thank you also for sharing your constructive comments. Upon your next visit please feel free to request one of our lakeside rooms overlooking Princeton Lake. We very rarely receive a comment about airport noise as we are a full 5 miles from the airport and jets are typically a good distance overhead if they pass over us. Our AC units do not run constantly based upon customer preferences, but we have a state-of-the-art energy management system which allows me to override this via computer if a customer prefers. We are fortunate be situated in a unique setting for an airport hotel, with a huge shopping & entertainment complex at our front door; and yet just minutes from the airport or downtown Atlanta. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

This is a new Holiday Inn Express only minutes from the ATL Airport. It has tons shopping and eating places nearby. It is also closed to Six Flags and other related sites. I have stay there numerous time and the staff has always been very professional and friendly. Tara at the front desk stands out, because I'm a Priority Reward Club member Gold status....she really when out of the way to make me feel important.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for the many kind comments about our hotel and staff, and in particular Tara at the Front Desk. We greatly value all of our IHG Priority Club Members and I am proud that Tara was able to so effectively convey those feelings. I will share your comments with Tara and our team. We are a new hotel and comments such as yours mean a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

Hotel is very close to the airport and have very clean and quiet rooms. I came in late and they not only held my room but gave me an upgrade, cookie and a smile. Shelia and I could kick myself for not remembering the other person's name was super nice and friendly. As I had to check out early, the night manager made a special effort to fire up the coffee before 5am and I thought that was great. I had such a good experience that when my flight was cancelled from my return trip, I booked again and the next experience was even better. Another upgrade and the exact same awesome service. The only thing I would add is be patient waiting on shuttle to the site which is 10 minutes away but heading back to airport is no problem... shuttle leaves every 30 minutes. Drivers are young but they really seem to try hard to build relationships.

Room Tip: Be a member and build up your points
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your generous compliments regarding our hotel staff meberss and services. I promise I will share your comments with Shelia and our entire team. I am pleased to hear such positive comments about our very late night and very early morning service. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Mapleton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

Kendall and his staff always greet each customer with a smile. They are incredibly service oriented and always try to accomodate my crazy travel schedule. The amenities of the property are excellent...great biz center, hot breakfast, snack shop, laundry, etc. The rooms are always first rate with flatscreens, refrigs in room, etc. I can always count on a consistently clean room and great beds(very important when you travel like I do!)The property is right on the parkway and very close to excellent restaurants and any kind of shopping you could imagine. Overall, I will keep coming here for as long as I travel to the Atlanta area.

Room Tip: Talk to Kendall, Don, or Shay
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
What more can I say, a happy customer such as you is the best advertising there is! Thank you for sharing these comments, and thank you being our guest. We hope your travels bring you back to Atlanta often, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

The location was great and Ken made sure that we were aware of all the things to do in the area. The Shuttle from the Airport was frequent and they gave the wake-up call in time for the shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing these comments, and thank you for recognizing Kendall for his outstanding service. I wwill share this with him and our entire team. We look forward to serving you again soon!