“Great hotel with location, staff, and deck!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #65 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great hotel with location, staff, and deck!”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I spent one night at this location one night prior to my departure to South America.
The tone of my visit was set from the driver picking me up at the airport. I was greeted with a smile and ask if I mind waiting just a few minutes before driving off. After waiting to make sure no one else was needing the shuttle at the time we left.
As we were heading to the hotel, the driver told me about the number of restaurants, shopping, banks, and other stores that were either walking distance from the hotel to those where the hotel shuttle could take you to.
Once arriving, I was greeted by Linda at the front desk with a smile. I was checked in quickly and when I mentioned that after checking out that I would lounge in the lobby a hour before taking the shuttle to airport, she suggested checking out at noon to enjoy the room an extra hour.
My room is what I like and expect out of any Holiday Inn Express. Large, clean, and comfy.
I booked a room with two queens (room 431). The room had plenty of space to rest, relax in a comfy chair in the corner, a large desk, nice size tv.
The bed and plenty of pillows both soft and firm and plenty of covering. The bedding looked clean also.
The bathroom was sleek and modern. Plenty of counter space for all my junk, enough thick towels and clean.
My only nik pick about the room is a larger trash can in the room and the top kept coming off the coffee maker. Minor things that didn't make the stay a bad one.
Per suggestion by the driver, I walked across to the supermarket and purchased a good meal in the deli, went to Walgreens for soda and last minute items and return to the hotel.
The main highlight is the wonderful deck!! The deck overlook a small lake. There were chairs and tables on the deck space out for enjoying. I ate my dinner outside and then just sat doing nothing but watching the wind ripple the water, listen to the various birds chrips and a wonderful sunset. I wasn't the only guest doing this as it was well used during my stay. Be advised that the deck close around 9:00 p.m. to ensure guest on the first floor won't have to deal with noise.
The lobby was very inviting and each time I came downstairs or near it, other guest were enjoying it.
You can also check flight status and print boarding passes in the lobby.
I mentioned to the front desk that I needed to make additional copies of my passport and wondered if it was a place near by to do so. She stated it was and the driver would be glad to take me.
The dayshift driver was glad to make this stop for me enroute to the airport. The young man was very friendly and ask did I enjoy my stay with his hotel.
Overall this was a great stay. So much that I was really thinking about staying a night after my return because of how great everything was at this hotel.
I would suggest anyone to stay at this location!

Room Tip: Enjoy the over 2,000 foot deck!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank airlink9972
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review!! Our greatest asset is our staff, plus our special location just 5 miles away from the airport in the 1 mile long Camp Creek Marketplace with a beautiful lake and water-skiing at our back door. We are glad that you discovered us and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for recognizing Linda at the Front Desk and our shuttle drivers. Our team works hard to please our guests and I promise I will share your comments with everyone. Please hurry back, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Carine
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a lovely welcome to the US on our first visit. Stayed just one night when we flew into Atlanta and the hotel was clean and comfortable, staff, including Debbie, pleasant and friendly; and we woke in the morning to a lovel view too...

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank AusfamCarine
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your comments and sharing it on the TripAdvisor website. Thank you also for recognizing Debbie at the Front Desk who works so hard to please our guests. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to our team. Please come see us again soon and stay even longer so you can fully enjoy Camp Creek Marketplace and all that it has to offer!
Lithonia, Georgia
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Everything was to my satisfation.The hotel is looks new, fresh and they keep it EXTREMELY clean! I wish all hotels were as pleasant as this one is!! They made our stay so pleasant and stress free which after a long day of work is very appreciated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Atlanta. Thank you very much to the staff of the Atlanta West Airport Area Holiday Inn Express and Suites ;-)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nina W
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your comments and sharing it on the TripAdvisor website. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to our team. Thank you for staying with us! Please come see us again soon!
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed here one night while visiting Emory with my daughter.
What I liked:
1. staff was beyond wonderful--friendly, prompt, attentive, they acted like they cared, so rare these days in hotels. Shuttle driver was a really, really nice man who gave my daughter advice about colleges. Check in woman who was originally from southern california was the sweetest person!
2. Room was quiet!! Hooray for me
3. Room was clean
4. Everything functioned just fine, air con, tv, etc
5. Cheap: $129 before taxes
6. Very accomodating about leaving luggage all day the next day
Didn't like
1. breakfast was pretty basic. But, it was functional and we got enough to eat.
This hotel is off the beaten path so you really need a rental car unless you are just going to places in the area. We were visiting Emory so should have gotten a car but they were all booked up due to a huge convention in Atlanta. We took a taxi to Emory and back and it was pricey.
If I had a rental car I would definitely stay here again if visiting Emory or Atlanta (it's quite far from Emory, but for price, clean, friendly, quiet, I'd do the drive in a rental car--maybe 30 min?)

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the creek and it was quiet, not sure how the rooms on the other side of th...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ElizabethStreetMoM
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our facilities, service and staff! We are delighted that you discovered us, and thank you for allowing us to be your home base while visiting Atlanta and Emory. I promise I will share your feedback with our team. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our customers and takes tremendous pride in our hotel and the jobs they do. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Shandon, California
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This was a great hotel! It is about 5 miles from the Atlanta airport. The hotel offers a free 24 hour shuttle and the driver was friendly and a good driver. Many amenities such as a very clean indoor pool, free delicious breakfast, in room DVD capability( it's already hooked up with the tv) the room was clean, well equipped with a microwave, extra sink, fridge, hair dryer and a safe. The staff was very friendly, Alicia at the front desk helped us this morning and she was very kind at 4:00 am! We also used the guest laundry during our stay and it very helpful to be able to utilize that. The lobby is really nice with comfortable seating and the dining area is spacious with several large televisions. There is a lovely deck with lots of outdoor seating that overlooks a lake! Another thing our family really appreciated were the many restaurants, large grocery store, pharmacy and movie theaters steps from the lobby entrance. It was truly one of the best if not the best holiday inn express we have ever stayed at!

• Stayed April 2013
Wow! What a terrific review! THANK YOU SO MUCH! We greatly appreciate this wonderful review on the TripAdvisor website. Thank you also for recognizing Alicia at the Front Desk and our shuttle drivers. Our team works hard to please our guests. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to us, and I assure you that I will share them. Please hurry back. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I had an apartment fire and and showed up at about 1AM in the morning to check in with no reservation. Marilyn at the front desk made my bad night a little bit better. She took great care us and took care of getting us checked in. She was nice and personable. She got the best rate possible for us and then went so far, as to put a note in the system about the fire so if housekeeping smelled smoke they wouldn't think we had been smoking in the room. Great lady and great customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jennifer W
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your comments and sharing it on the TripAdvisor website. Thank you also for recognizing Marilyn. I promise you I will recognize her for her personalized service to you. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return again soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I love love love staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Camp Creek, I work for an airline so on spur of the moments I tend to hop a plane to Atlanta. Everytime I stay there I'm always greeted with a smile by Ms. Linda, she has a beautiful spirit and because of her I will only stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Camp Creek. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who ask " What is the best hotel to stay in for a weekend getaway?

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor facing the lake are great
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your loyalty and for the terrific recent review on TripAdvisor! We are delighted that you enjoy our hotel and our staff so much, and appreciate you staying with us so often. Thank you also for the very nice comments about Linda and our staff. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport West/Camp Creek Pkwy
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Property: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Address: 3833 Princeton Lakes Ct SW, Atlanta, GA 30331-5508
Region: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
#8 Business Hotel in Atlanta
#12 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
#13 Family Hotel in Atlanta
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek 2.5*
New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek