I read about this hotel on TripAdvisor and chose it based on the reviews. We came to Atlanta to put our child on a plane to go to camp. The drive was three hours from our house, and he had an early flight, so we chose to come the evening before and spend the night. When we arrived, the lady working at the reception desk (I think her name was Alicia) was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was clean with comfortable beds, both soft and firm pillows, and a good-sized bathroom. When we got to our room, it was rather hot. We couldn't get the thermostat to work, so we called the desk. Within minutes, Luther came to our aid. He discovered that the surge protector on the plug had been tripped and there was no problem with the unit. We quickly had a cool, comfortable room.
We departed for the airport around 6:00 a.m. There was a good breakfast set out when we came downstairs: bacon, eggs, gravy, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, etc., were available on the warm food bar, along with fruit and other cold options.
The airport shuttle was prompt. We requested our ride the night before so that we would be sure to have a seat at the time we needed. After our child's plane left, we called the shuttle to retrieve us from the airport. Within 10 minutes or so, DeAnthony picked us up. He was very professional and friendly, and we enjoyed talking with him on our way back to the hotel. We were the only two people on the shuttle, so the shuttle came just to pick us up. As out-of-towners, we liked not having to drive to the airport. We were back at our hotel room in time to pack our belongings and check out in time for the 11:00 check-out time. If we had been running late, we were offered a late check-out (possibly because I'm a Rewards member).
Debbie was very helpful getting our shuttle to us and with the check-out process.
There's a shopping area nearby, so we were able to get a couple of items that we needed for the trip (like a combination lock for a camp locker) at the nearby Target. We ate dinner at T.G.I. Friday's, which was also nearby. There's a Publix very close to the hotel, and there are a number of restaurants, too.
This hotel's pros include friendly, efficient staff; free shuttle; free breakfast, location (close to shops, a number of chain restaurants, and the airport); a gorgeous deck that overlooks a lake; an indoor pool (only 4 feet deep, though); refrigerator; free WiFi; iron; blow dryer; and even a safe big enough to store most laptops.
The only con that I can think of is the occasional sound of a plane, but the hotel is near the airport. It certainly wasn't noticeable enough to disturb our sleep.
The employees at this hotel are to be commended. I hope that I got their names right. They are truly an asset, and we will return to this location the next time we need to stay near the airport.
I wish we would have had time to enjoy the patio! Maybe next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek