Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #53 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Miami, Florida
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I read about this hotel on TripAdvisor and chose it based on the reviews. We came to Atlanta to put our child on a plane to go to camp. The drive was three hours from our house, and he had an early flight, so we chose to come the evening before and spend the night. When we arrived, the lady working at the reception desk (I think her name was Alicia) was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was clean with comfortable beds, both soft and firm pillows, and a good-sized bathroom. When we got to our room, it was rather hot. We couldn't get the thermostat to work, so we called the desk. Within minutes, Luther came to our aid. He discovered that the surge protector on the plug had been tripped and there was no problem with the unit. We quickly had a cool, comfortable room.

We departed for the airport around 6:00 a.m. There was a good breakfast set out when we came downstairs: bacon, eggs, gravy, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, etc., were available on the warm food bar, along with fruit and other cold options.

The airport shuttle was prompt. We requested our ride the night before so that we would be sure to have a seat at the time we needed. After our child's plane left, we called the shuttle to retrieve us from the airport. Within 10 minutes or so, DeAnthony picked us up. He was very professional and friendly, and we enjoyed talking with him on our way back to the hotel. We were the only two people on the shuttle, so the shuttle came just to pick us up. As out-of-towners, we liked not having to drive to the airport. We were back at our hotel room in time to pack our belongings and check out in time for the 11:00 check-out time. If we had been running late, we were offered a late check-out (possibly because I'm a Rewards member).

Debbie was very helpful getting our shuttle to us and with the check-out process.

There's a shopping area nearby, so we were able to get a couple of items that we needed for the trip (like a combination lock for a camp locker) at the nearby Target. We ate dinner at T.G.I. Friday's, which was also nearby. There's a Publix very close to the hotel, and there are a number of restaurants, too.

This hotel's pros include friendly, efficient staff; free shuttle; free breakfast, location (close to shops, a number of chain restaurants, and the airport); a gorgeous deck that overlooks a lake; an indoor pool (only 4 feet deep, though); refrigerator; free WiFi; iron; blow dryer; and even a safe big enough to store most laptops.

The only con that I can think of is the occasional sound of a plane, but the hotel is near the airport. It certainly wasn't noticeable enough to disturb our sleep.

The employees at this hotel are to be commended. I hope that I got their names right. They are truly an asset, and we will return to this location the next time we need to stay near the airport.

I wish we would have had time to enjoy the patio! Maybe next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake if you'd like a nice view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KitKat34438
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your comments and sharing it on the TripAdvisor website. Thank you also for recognizing Alicia, Luther, and DeAnthony who work so hard to please our guests. We are lighted that you enjoyed your stay and our location in Camp Creek Marketplace. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to our team and I promise I will share them with all. Thank you for staying with us, and please come see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Exprss for 1 night during my niece's graduation. My room was ready way before check-in time, the receptionist was extremely professional and nice. The lobby decor is modern and beautiful. My room was at the end of the hall, very clean and comfortable, fridge, microwave and complimentary wifi were a definite plus. This property is conveniently located in walking distance to several shops and eateries. So happy to have Walgreens a quick walk away. The complimentary shuttle service is a major plus. I had an early flight and they were ready for me right on-time, the young lady preparing breakfast offered me coffee, a quick bite and a USA Today before my departure. I had a wonderful stay and highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express and will definitely return. Thank you for your southern hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for your terrific review and for posting it on the TripAdvisor website. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our convenient shopping complex location, and our complimentary services such as our shopping shuttle, airport shuttle, Wi-Fi and breakfast. We appreciate your staying with us and hope you will return again soon!
Birmingham,Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I want to thank Debbie for making my stay and another amazing review. I booked a Jacuzzi/whirlpool suite this time around and it was lovely. Hotel was still nice even after having stayed a while ago. This was my first trip after being deployed to Afghanistan and I enjoyed it thanks to this hotel. Great breakfast and Great customer service.

Only place to stay in Atlanta even if you don't have a flight, but if you do there is a kiosk in the lobby listing the flights for the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your comments and sharing it on the TripAdvisor website. Thank you also for recognizing Debbie at the Front Desk who works so hard to please our guests. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to our team. Thank you for staying with us, and please come see us again soon!
Madisonm AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We used trip advisor to find this hotel on our way to Atlanta and chose it because of all the wonderful reviews. They were all correct. The hotel is gorgeous and the location is great. Right next to great shopping and easy access to highways. The service was great, especially Linda at the desk and the breakfast was the best. You cannot beat Holiday Inn Express breakfasts and this hotel had the best so far. We go to Atlanta several times a year and this will be our hotel of choice from now on. My husband and I are so happy we picked the Camp Creek location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful and for posting it on the TripAdvisor website! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our convenient shopping complex location and our hotel services. Thank you also for recognizing Linda at the Front Desk and for promising to make us you new home away from home when visiting our area! We appreciate your staying with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

AMAZING EXPERIENCE! Bravo to the staff! This is the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in! The lady in the breakfast area was exceptionally cheerful & engaged personally with the guests, including my two (rather rambunctious) boys! The pool was sparkling! The room was immaculate (& big enough for all four of us to spread out)! From the minute we checked in to the moment we walked out the door, the service was top-notch! While we were swimming on Friday morning, a worker came in to test the water, etc (I think his name was Matt) & my husband asked about the salt-water system, maintenance, etc and Matt took the time to tell us all about it (including a mini-science lesson) to my husband's delight ((he's kind of a gear-head, ha ha!)

The Hotel itself is very modern & stylish, but the atmosphere is pure friendliness! I'm looking for excuses to go back to Atlanta!

ONE NOTE: GPS did not do a good job of finding the route to the hotel, it sent us around through the shopping area and into someone's neighborhood . . . we could see the hotel, so fortunately we did not have trouble back-tracking to get there . . . next time I think I'll get to the hotel by following the directions posted on their website: for us that would be: Traveling west on Camp Creek Parkway, go 1 mile and make right at the 3rd light (Walgreens on right). Hotel will be on left behind Walgreens.

Thank You!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JessKnea
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Wow! Wonderful review! THANK YOU SO MUCH! We greatly appreciate this terrific review on the TripAdvisor website and your loyalty to our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for recognizing Matt in Maintenance and the rest of our team who all work so hard to please our guests. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to us, and I assure you that I will share them. We eagerly look forward to your next visit!
Cedar Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed here the night before my flight left in the morning. The hotel is located just far enough from the airport to be quiet and was located in a nice area with nearby restaurants and shopping. The hotel room was very clean and reasonably priced. They even had a Delta flight departure board in the front lobby which was nice. The hotel staff was especially friendly. I would recommend staying here for business travel in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ChrisL1976
Thank you! We greatly appreciate this terrific review on the TripAdvisor website. We are so happy that you discovered us and were able to take advantage of our great location. Positive comments such as yours mean a great deal to us, and I assure you that I will share them with our team. We look forward to your next visit!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

My stay began with my reservations being made incorrectly by my company. Debbie at the front desk could not get a hold of my company after hours but went ahead and set me up in a room anyway and straightened out the payment portion later. That was nice after flying in after starting my work day at four in the morning.
The hotel itself is very nice in every way. The location on a lake with rooms and a big patio overlooking it, is very unique and adds to the experience. There are plenty of restaurants, movie theater, and shopping opportunities nearby. Walgreens is across the street which is helpful and affordable for forgotten toiletries etc... The breakfast is buffet style and was good. The pool is saline and 4ft deep everywhere. Everything in the workout room actually worked. Treadmill, Elliptical, stationary bike and free weights.
The shuttle was great, took us everywhere we wanted to go all week. They took us back to the airport one day. We got on the MARTA train and went to a Braves game. The MARTA ticket was $6 roundtrip and the baseball game tickets were $8. Could not beat the experience. I stayed four nights on this trip and intend to come back with my family when we vacation or do weekend trips.

Room Tip: I was in 320. Lake view and not near the elevators or ice makers.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Thank you for the terrific review, and for recognizing Debbie at the Front Desk. We are fortunate to be situated in a unique setting for an airport hotel as part of the mile long Camp Creek Marketplace shopping & entertainment complex; and yet just minutes from both the airport and downtown Atlanta. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!