Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #53 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Fairhope, Alabama
“It's alright.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Convenient location, ample parking. Walgreens and Publix next door. Appeared very clean. Free airport shuttle was perfect in every way. Breakfast was free but sparse. There was a slight moldy (?) smell to the carpeted hallways (4th floor). The printer in business area) wasn't able to print my boarding passes . The roller ball and mouse of the keyboard to the boarding pass terminal didn't work either.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank pokerman
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you for your review and comments. Thank you for the positive comments about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems with the business center printers and our lobby flight board and kiosk. Both systems have been serviced and are working perfectly now. We very seldom experience a problem with either. I was unable to detect an odor in the 4th floor corridor, but all of our carpets were professionally shampooed just this week (as we do quarterly) and smell great. I assure you that I will share your comments with our team so we can learn from this feedback. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel in summer 2012 before flying from ATL for vacation. We had such a positive experience then that we booked the hotel for our pre-flight stay again in June 2013.

We arrived around 5:30 PM. Our suite room was ready for us when we checked in. Our room was clean and welcoming. The only thing we needed was a 4th set of towels. Usually the Holiday Inn Express chains have the right number of towels set in a room for us (there are four of us) but other chains we have to ask for the 4th set, so we were a little surprised at not having four, but a quick stop by the front desk on our way to dinner took care of it.

Speaking of the front desk, Debbie was fabulous - she answered my questions and helped us figure out the best way to return our rental car that evening and have the shuttle come pick us up and she also arranged for us to have a late check-out as our flight the next day wasn't until late. She also got us signed up for the shuttle to get to the airport. Our shuttle driver DeAnthony was waiting for us at our designated time and helped us with our luggage on and off the shuttle.

This hotel is situated within easy walking distance of grocery and drug stores, banks, movie theater, and several restaurants. There is a back deck off the breakfast area that overlooks the lake and has some seating, making for a pleasant place to relax - in fact, you'd never know you were that near Atlanta from there, it's so peaceful.

We will definitely keep this hotel as our #1 choice for pre-flights from Atlanta.

Room Tip: We prefer a suite room for the four of us so our children don't have to sleep together.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nzmommy
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Wonderful! Thank so much for sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! Thank you also for returning to stay with us again and for your promise to keep coming back in the future! I will share your comments with my team, and be sure to recognize Debbie and DeAnthony in particular for taknig such great care of you. Recognition such as yours means a lot and is greatly appreciated. Please hurry back again soon !

Jeff Johnsen
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Marketplace
Mesquite, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We recently had our 4th of July Family Reunion and my sister (host) booked group rates at the Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport West. The hotel was exceptionally clean, very friendly staff although they were super busy. The breakfast was very well organized and the food was actually good food. The area is close to so many stores, movie theater, .restaurants, highway, and other places of convenience. Housekeeping was always accommodating and efficient, thanks to Debbie

My family enjoyed our quality time together and Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport Camp Creek West was very much a part of making it happen.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you for the terrific review and for posting it on TripAdvisor! Thank you also for recognizing Debbie at our Front Desk, as well as our housekeeping and breakfast team members for taking great care of you. We truly appreciate comments such as these and I assure you I will share them with our team. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

marilyn g provide wonderful service . I arrived later than expected the hotel was near capacity . A superior room was provided by marilyn . Her friendliness attention to details and service provide was outstanding.

Thank you for having a person of her cabiler working the night shift.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jewalk13
Thank you for staying with us, and thank your this very nice review on the TripAdvisor website. Thank you also for recognizing Marilyn at the Front Desk for her service and hospitality. Comments such as this mean a great deal to us and I promise I will share this with Marilyn and our team. Please hurry back soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

This has been a most pleasant traveling experience. The staff works hard to ensure everyone is taken care of. Note worthy employees to mention are Debbie and Michaela. I would stay here as my place of choice when I am in this area. I will also pass on this info to all of my friends who travel to this area. My stay is a day by day to handle the business I am here to conduct. But the staff and facility are great. Thank you for your service and dedication to taking care of customers. It is obvious that your training program is effective. Thank you for a most pleasant traveling experience.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor with a view of the lake!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank wilburn h
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for the terrific review and for posting it on Trip Advisor! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for recognizing Debbie at the Front Desk and Michaela in Housekeeping for their outstanding service and hospitality. We truly appreciate comments such as yours and I assure you I will share them with our team. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!
Normal, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Unfortunately, we stayed again for several nights. Entire family had horrible nights sleep. You can hear normal conversations through the walls. We stayed on 3rd floor, two rooms from end where the ice machine is located. It dropped ice several times during the evening and early morning that was loud enough to wake us. The front desk staff during check in and each time we'd pass by was again non-engaging, going through the motions, no warmth what so ever.. Same as our first stay last summer. Breakfast was typical of HIE and the highlight for us is to eat out on the deck overlooking a large wooded, small lake area. Very relaxing way to start day. GPS on street directions again led us to an incorrect location (at night) so do an aerial map to see how to navigate to hotel, it's back off the major roadway and near drug store and liquor store. Several places to eat within walking distance. Great location to airport and to get downtown for sight seeing. Beds were comfortable and room was clean.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 1Steelers1
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for your comments. I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay and assure you your comments will be addressed with our team. We have an outstanding Front Desk team that is recognized regularly for their outstanding service and personalities (as is evidenced by our other TripAdvisor reviews). They will take your comment seriously. I also apologize that you we disturbed by your neighbors. In the future, please contact the Front Desk immediately of such an occurrence and it will be immediately addressed. Again, thank you for your comments, and we hope you will return again the future to experience the true service and hospitality of our hotel and team!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

My name is Martin and I just signed up for the US Armed Forces
I normally dont like writting reviews because i find little faults with services everywhere I go, I also think its a Waste of time to write a review for Someone Average..
But on this Occastion, while staying for two days at the Holiday Inn at 1380 Virginia Avenue Atlanta GA... The Overall services from everyone as soon as I walked in the Door was wonderfull... To top it all off, The Crew at the Cafeteria/eating area was Marvelous...
They helped me around with the food and beverages choices and took their time with everything.
And if that wasnt enough, Trina, The Manager at the of the Kitchen/Cafeteria Area was Outstanding.. Always with a smile on her face and adressed me in a such a Proffessional but Conforting tone, whenever I had a need. She even went further and took care of my plate and drinks just like a regular server would.. now i have been in a lot of places, Managers hardly do the regular Servers job..
To me this was wonderful.. Hope everyone gets to enjoy it.. and pay them a visit

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin L
Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate them very much and I assure you I will share them with our entire team. We have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!