Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #85 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My stay was from 12/08 to 12/12/13. Great place, excellent service, and the nicest people. If you go, Gloria is who will take care of you at breakfast, shes the best. Look for Marilyn or April at the front desk, they will get you the best info and direction and finally, shuttle driver DeAnthony is there to get you to where you need to go. Thank you for making my stay comfortable.

Room Tip: I stayed in room next to elevator, not a problem for me but maybe a problem for you. You can hear no...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for the great review and for posting it on Trip Advisor! Thank you also for recognizing Gloria, Marilyn, April and DeAnthony for taking great care of you. We truly appreciate this and I will share this with them. Thank you for staying with us, and please hurry back soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel in November 2013 while on a business trip. I actually stayed the first night in another best western and then decided to switch to this one for my last night because it was so close to the airport and had a shuttle. When we got in our cab to go from the first hotel to this one, we gave the driver the address and he put it in his gps system. We were a little confused when we reached our destination to find no hotel. The cab driver called the hotel and put them on speaker. The lady said, "oh, did you put our address into your gps? It doesn't work on gps for some reason, you have to put the address of the Walgreens across the street in to find us." I was a little peeved at this because how the heck would anyone know that? It cost me extra for the cab because we then had to plug in the Walgreens address and then find our way there.
When we arrived, we went to check in, and our company was paying for the room. We were then told upon arrival that although our company had called and booked with their card, that the hotel couldn't charge it without some written authorization form filled out. They also said that they only provided it if asked. Good thing my coworker had her emergency credit card on her or we would have been stuck in Atlanta with no place to sleep. It was fairly late (close to 9pm) and I was starving, but found out that they did not have a restaurant. I ended up ordering delivery which took almost an hour (not the hotel's fault, I know), but just added to the frustration with my stay. I had a 6am flight so needed a 3am wake up call and a shuttle ride at 4am. The shuttle driver was very pleasant and helpful. I don't want to discourage people from staying here by any means, the hotel is new and very nicely decorated. The staff were all very friendly and the rooms were clean. They have a business center which I used to print my boarding passes and the shuttle service is a nice plus to save cab money. Just want people to be aware of the address issue as well as the fact that if you are going on a business trip, make sure your company has authorized their card to be charged or you will be left with an unexpected bill.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank RedIsleGal
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that your hotel stay was excellent. To respond to your comments, we are 4 years old now and are listed correctly in GPS systems. Unfortunately your cab drivers’ GPS may have been old or not updated during that time. Unfortunately and for the consumer's protection, all credit card companies require that we physically see and swipe the credit card at check-in, or that we have written documentation on file authorizing us to charge the credit card to avoid fraud and theft. As a result, this is also a requirement of all major hotel companies. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you again for staying with us this second time, and we hope your travels will bring you back to our hotel in the near future. Best wishes for a happy holiday season!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

From reserving the room to checking out, the customer service was fantastic! Robert the shuttle driver was very friendly and helpful with my travels. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I have a bad back and the bed was extremely comfortable. Would certainly stay here again!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for this terrific (and thorough) review and for sharing this with us. And thank you for recognizing Robert of our shuttle staf0 for great service. Robert works the overnight shift (11pm-7am) so his great service can sometimes go unrecognized by those of us not working directly with him, so a review such as yours is greatly appreciated y both he and I. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I chose this property as the place to spend my overnight stay in ATL. Yes it took a minute for the shuttle to arrive, but when it did my driver Deanthony was very friendly and professional. i asked for some directions later that afternoon and got a complimentary ride to my requested restaurant. When I checked in there were some issues with my room, but I called down to the front desk and Debbie was quick to remedy the situation.

No hotel is perfect, it is how the problems are handled that makes a place worth coming back. I will definitely be back and recommend the hotel to friends.

Thanks to all at the HIE Camp Creek for making it a good stay. See you all soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the creek.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

The highest compliment we can be paid is your promise to return - THANK YOU! We greatly appreciate this great review and you sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! Thank you so much for recognizing Debbie at the FRont Desk and DeAnthony our shuttle driver for taking such great care of you. Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated by our team members. I promise I will share it with all. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very poor for a Holiday inn with the word Airport in its name. There is no shuttle from the International terminal and this is not mentioned on the web site. At 23:00 when my flight got in I found (after a long pointless expensive international call to the frount desk) I would have to join a huge line waiting for a shuttle to take me to domestic, so I could then wait up to half an hour for another shuttle to the hotel. I figured I would not reach the hotel until 1AM, so took a $30 taxi to the hotel. This turned a slightly overpriced stay into an expensive one with inconvenience. I did see shuttles for other well known hotels at the international terminal!

The hotel itself is fine - exactly what you expect from the franchise, but nothing more.

I suggest the Hotel renames itself without the highly misleading word Airport until it sorts out how to not rip off international customers.

I expect better from this chain!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Chilli H

Thank you for staying with us. Free Round-Trip Airport Hotel Shuttle Transportation is provided for both Domestic and International travelers 24 hours a day / 365 days a year. I am sorry that you were disappointed that we (and all other hotels in our area) do not transport guests directly to the International Airport Terminal. It is faster and more efficient for customers to utilize the free shuttle system provided by the airport to transport guests directly back and forth from the Domestic Terminal to the International Terminal. The International Terminal is an independent facility located more than a 30 minute drive from our hotel (the domestic terminal is 10 minutes away). I am sorry you were unaware of this, but we have never advertised or told customers that we drive directly to the International Terminal. Our customers have been pleased with the airport’s system and this is only the second complaint I have received regarding it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your hotel stay, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when travelling through Atlanta! Best wishes for a Happy Holiday season.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was glad to see that the hotel was top ranked in Atlanta and was near the airport as I needed something overnight between to flights. I often stay at Holiday Inns as a Priority Club platinum member and know what to expect.
The hotel itself is a typical Holiday Inn Express. Nothing special but it delivers good value for the money paid. Breakfast is simple but a good deal as it is free. I was surprised that this place was not busy at all. The room was clean although the bed and pillows were not super comfortable. It was quiet and the shower warm. It was a bid odd that the sink is so far from the edge of the counter in the bathroom though. Strange design.
Where the hotel loses its points is on the shuttle. They do not pick up at the international terminal! There is no warning about it on their website. We waited for a while then called the hotel. These is a recoding with instructions about the pick-up. Since nothing corresponded to what was around us, i pressed zero to talk to someone and was told that they do not pick up at the international terminal. I need to take the shuttle bus to the domestic terminal then look for the hotel bus. Big waste of time. I wished I had known that.
The hotel management will probably respond that the website has no mention that they pick-up from the international terminal and other hotels do not either. There is a spot for waiting for hotel pick-ups and we saw some hotel shuttles while we waited.
It is a fine hotel as such but from my travel experience all over the world, this kind oh hotel should not be ranked number one. I guess everything is relative.
I initially rated it 2 stars but as management had my previous review removed (after it got 2 helpful votes in the first day), I am resubmitting it with one one star due to their attitude.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank JPDeM
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

False and misleading headline – not true. Free Round-Trip Airport Hotel Shuttle Transportation is provided for both Domestic and International travelers 24 hours a day / 365 days a year. I am sorry that you were disappointed that we (and all other hotels in our area) do not transport guests directly to the International Airport Terminal. It is faster and more efficient for customers to utilize the free shuttle system provided by the airport to transport guests directly from the Domestic Terminal to the International Terminal. We do not advertise that we do and I am glad to hear that no one on our staff told you that we do. Our customers have been quite happy with the airport’s system and I have never received a customer complaint about it. We thank you for staying with us, and wish you a Happy Holiday season.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I visited Atlanta this past week with my husband and two young sons. We were visiting for a quick family vacation during the week. The hotel is located in an excellent area. We had many dining and shopping options right near the hotel. Also, there is a Walgreens next door, which was great, because I am always having to run to the drug store for something. We checked in and were given a little welcome bag (not sure if that is for everyone or for people who are rewards members only, but becoming a rewards member is fast and free). The small welcome bag was a nice touch. The rooms were very clean and modern and everything worked nicely. The water pressure on the shower was nice, tub drained nice, and I loved the faucets in the bathroom. If I could transport the hotel room to be my master bedroom and bathroom in my house, I would be set. Rooms have blow dryers, small shampoo bottles, and even makeup removal clothes (which is awesome, because I forgot my shampoo and my makeup remover). Housekeeping did not start banging on my door early in the morning, which was nice. Some hotels they start knocking at 7am, do not disturb sign or not. Housekeeping did clean our room very nicely. The room itself was very clean to begin with, too. Maintenance had to come while we were there and unlock the safe because my son stuck a toy in it and locked it. The front desk and maintenance handled it efficiently and even left a note in our room letting us know they had been there as we requested. During our stay we dealt with two people at the front desk, Debbie and Tara. Both were very friendly and efficient and took care of us well. We plan to go to Atlanta again next month, and even though we will be visiting Stone Mountain, on the other side of Atlanta, we just might stay here again and make that extra few minutes drive. Also, my husband is military, and their military discount was nice and no one was rude about giving us one (although we booked in advance). You would be surprised how many hotels (especially other Holiday Inns in other states) are very rude about military discounts and even tell us the military price is more than the regular rate they quoted us (I am sure it is a matter of the military rate being higher than a special offer rate, but they do not even make an effort to explain that). All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only bad thing I can say is I had trouble with the A/C unit. It was either blowing hot or cold, but nothing in between. But I am almost certain it was because I didn't take the time to figure out how to work it right. :)

Room Tip: We were in room 403, which was very quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tarah T
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for this wonderful (and thorough) review of your experience, and for sharing it with all on the TripAdvisor website! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We are very fortunate to have a very dedicated and caring team here that truly cares about our guests and works hard to please them. Your comments will be greatly appreciated and I promise I will share them with all. Please hurry back... we look forward to serving you again soon!