“Awesome Hotel and Superb Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #75 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I am a seasoned traveler. I have stayed in hotels all over the country. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport West. Debbie at the front desk welcomed us as though she was inviting us into her own home. We loved it. April was also very nice and professional. The night auditor helped me when there was a slight error on my bill. She was pleasant, kind and also very professional. Because of my awesome stay, I am considering using this hotel for a family function next year. Please book and stay at this hotel. I highly recommend it.

June Gullett

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

The highest compliment we can be paid is your promise to return - THANK YOU! And thank you for considering us for your family event next year! We greatly appreciate this and appreciate you sharing this on the TripAdvisor website! Thank you so much for recognizing Debbie at the front desk, our night auditor, and the rest of our team for taking such great care of you. Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated by our team members. I promise I will share it with all. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon! Happy Holidays!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Reviewed 14 December 2013

As a retired Alabama couple that loves to travel, we drive over to Atlanta the night prior to departure and stay at an airport hotel that provides the park and fly option. Last week, we stayed and left our mini van at the Holiday Inn Express in College Park. The night we flew back into Hartsfield, the hotel shuttle took us to our van to begin our drive back to Alabama...As we were driving on Camp Creek Parkway toward the interstate, our van broke down. We were able to pull into the Holiday Inn Express West-Camp Creek. Being a Holiday Inn Priority Club Rewards/IHG member, we went inside to ask for help. Front desk manager April was awesome! She let us keep our van there overnight, took our key and put it in their safe for the next employee to give to the wrecker that picked it up the next morning...But that wasn't all! Their airport shuttle driver DeAnthony(before his shift was over) drove us back to the airport to rent a car to drive on home to Alabama ....Mind you, this was after many businesses had closed and there was no dealerships open to take our van to at that time of the night. DeAnthony explained in detail how to get to the rental car area, which I had never had to do before in Atlanta...He was so helpful and he was also from Alabama(Roll Tide DeAnthony!!) So while at this property, April let us tour the facility and for the life of me, I don't know why we have not stayed here before...For one, I didn't know they had an airport shuttle...but they have THE BEST SHUTTLE EVER!! Wonderful deck overlooking a lake...very relaxing I am sure. I will definitely find out, because this is my new airport hotel! So thank you April and DeAnthony for helping us out in a very stressful situation. But that's still not all!!! I am home in Alabama the next morning and my phone rings....It is Tara from Holiday Inn Express West Camp Creek!!! Just calling to tell me that the wrecker driver was there picking up my van!!! Thank you Tara for that call!! Took some worry out of my morning! I smiled ear to ear as I drank that cup of coffee at my home in Alabama while these wonderful caring employees at the H.I. Express West took care of me!! I am retired from UPS and Customer Service was a part of my life....It is so good to know that there are employees out there that aim to please even though nothing benefits them.....Holiday Inn...you have great employees at this property...Do your best to keep them. They are quite an asset to your company! See you guys in February for my first, but not last, stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cdforsman

Wow...What a terrific story and compliment... Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Reviews like this mean a great deal to us. Thank you recognizing our team for their service, and for naming April, DeAnthony and Tara in particular for taking such great care of you. I promise I will share your comments with our entire team, and that they will be recognized for taking such great care of you. The greatest compliment we can receive is that you will return again - we sincerely thank you for that! I look forward to meeting you when you return in February. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

My stay was from 12/08 to 12/12/13. Great place, excellent service, and the nicest people. If you go, Gloria is who will take care of you at breakfast, shes the best. Look for Marilyn or April at the front desk, they will get you the best info and direction and finally, shuttle driver DeAnthony is there to get you to where you need to go. Thank you for making my stay comfortable.

Room Tip: I stayed in room next to elevator, not a problem for me but maybe a problem for you. You can hear no...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review and for posting it on Trip Advisor! Thank you also for recognizing Gloria, Marilyn, April and DeAnthony for taking great care of you. We truly appreciate this and I will share this with them. Thank you for staying with us, and please hurry back soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel in November 2013 while on a business trip. I actually stayed the first night in another best western and then decided to switch to this one for my last night because it was so close to the airport and had a shuttle. When we got in our cab to go from the first hotel to this one, we gave the driver the address and he put it in his gps system. We were a little confused when we reached our destination to find no hotel. The cab driver called the hotel and put them on speaker. The lady said, "oh, did you put our address into your gps? It doesn't work on gps for some reason, you have to put the address of the Walgreens across the street in to find us." I was a little peeved at this because how the heck would anyone know that? It cost me extra for the cab because we then had to plug in the Walgreens address and then find our way there.
When we arrived, we went to check in, and our company was paying for the room. We were then told upon arrival that although our company had called and booked with their card, that the hotel couldn't charge it without some written authorization form filled out. They also said that they only provided it if asked. Good thing my coworker had her emergency credit card on her or we would have been stuck in Atlanta with no place to sleep. It was fairly late (close to 9pm) and I was starving, but found out that they did not have a restaurant. I ended up ordering delivery which took almost an hour (not the hotel's fault, I know), but just added to the frustration with my stay. I had a 6am flight so needed a 3am wake up call and a shuttle ride at 4am. The shuttle driver was very pleasant and helpful. I don't want to discourage people from staying here by any means, the hotel is new and very nicely decorated. The staff were all very friendly and the rooms were clean. They have a business center which I used to print my boarding passes and the shuttle service is a nice plus to save cab money. Just want people to be aware of the address issue as well as the fact that if you are going on a business trip, make sure your company has authorized their card to be charged or you will be left with an unexpected bill.

3  Thank RedIsleGal
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that your hotel stay was excellent. To respond to your comments, we are 4 years old now and are listed correctly in GPS systems. Unfortunately your cab drivers’ GPS may have been old or not updated during that time. Unfortunately and for the consumer's protection, all credit card companies require that we physically see and swipe the credit card at check-in, or that we have written documentation on file authorizing us to charge the credit card to avoid fraud and theft. As a result, this is also a requirement of all major hotel companies. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you again for staying with us this second time, and we hope your travels will bring you back to our hotel in the near future. Best wishes for a happy holiday season!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

From reserving the room to checking out, the customer service was fantastic! Robert the shuttle driver was very friendly and helpful with my travels. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I have a bad back and the bed was extremely comfortable. Would certainly stay here again!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for this terrific (and thorough) review and for sharing this with us. And thank you for recognizing Robert of our shuttle staf0 for great service. Robert works the overnight shift (11pm-7am) so his great service can sometimes go unrecognized by those of us not working directly with him, so a review such as yours is greatly appreciated y both he and I. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I chose this property as the place to spend my overnight stay in ATL. Yes it took a minute for the shuttle to arrive, but when it did my driver Deanthony was very friendly and professional. i asked for some directions later that afternoon and got a complimentary ride to my requested restaurant. When I checked in there were some issues with my room, but I called down to the front desk and Debbie was quick to remedy the situation.

No hotel is perfect, it is how the problems are handled that makes a place worth coming back. I will definitely be back and recommend the hotel to friends.

Thanks to all at the HIE Camp Creek for making it a good stay. See you all soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the creek.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

The highest compliment we can be paid is your promise to return - THANK YOU! We greatly appreciate this great review and you sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! Thank you so much for recognizing Debbie at the FRont Desk and DeAnthony our shuttle driver for taking such great care of you. Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated by our team members. I promise I will share it with all. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very poor for a Holiday inn with the word Airport in its name. There is no shuttle from the International terminal and this is not mentioned on the web site. At 23:00 when my flight got in I found (after a long pointless expensive international call to the frount desk) I would have to join a huge line waiting for a shuttle to take me to domestic, so I could then wait up to half an hour for another shuttle to the hotel. I figured I would not reach the hotel until 1AM, so took a $30 taxi to the hotel. This turned a slightly overpriced stay into an expensive one with inconvenience. I did see shuttles for other well known hotels at the international terminal!

The hotel itself is fine - exactly what you expect from the franchise, but nothing more.

I suggest the Hotel renames itself without the highly misleading word Airport until it sorts out how to not rip off international customers.

I expect better from this chain!

7  Thank Chilli H

Thank you for staying with us. Free Round-Trip Airport Hotel Shuttle Transportation is provided for both Domestic and International travelers 24 hours a day / 365 days a year. I am sorry that you were disappointed that we (and all other hotels in our area) do not transport guests directly to the International Airport Terminal. It is faster and more efficient for customers to utilize the free shuttle system provided by the airport to transport guests directly back and forth from the Domestic Terminal to the International Terminal. The International Terminal is an independent facility located more than a 30 minute drive from our hotel (the domestic terminal is 10 minutes away). I am sorry you were unaware of this, but we have never advertised or told customers that we drive directly to the International Terminal. Our customers have been pleased with the airport’s system and this is only the second complaint I have received regarding it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your hotel stay, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when travelling through Atlanta! Best wishes for a Happy Holiday season.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport West/Camp Creek Pkwy
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport West
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Address: 3833 Princeton Lakes Ct SW, Atlanta, GA 30331-5508
Region: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
#8 Business Hotel in Atlanta
#12 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
#13 Family Hotel in Atlanta
Price Range: £87 - £135 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek 2.5*
New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta