“Outstanding Service, Great Location”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #70 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Tracy, California
“Outstanding Service, Great Location”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Checked in late Christmas eve and again several days later for air travel purposes. Every staff member we encountered was polite, accomodating, efficient and professional. The shuttle to/from ATL is very convenient and even took us to Longhorn's for dinner one evening. Can not say enough about the staff here - they are the best. We called to report noisy guests at 3AM and the staff handled the issue expertly. This is definitely now my go-to hotel in Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissScarlett56
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
The highest compliment we can be paid is your promise to return - THANK YOU! We greatly appreciate this review and you sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated by our team members. I promise I will share it with all. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Greenfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our family of four spent two nights at this HIE and had a great experience. The room was clean and comfortable and the property well-maintained. Tara at the front desk was very welcoming and made our family feel at home. The lady who ran the breakfast service was amazing; she seamlessly was able to both perform what appeared to be her routine duties (stocking, cleaning, etc…) and patiently address the needs of the guests who seemed to be constantly asking her questions. We recently began patronizing HIE after years of loyalty to other chains; needless to say, this stay helped HIE win our future business.

1 Thank SoxFanatic65
What a great review and compliment! Thank you so much! Reviews like this mean a great deal to us. Thank you recognizing our entire team for their service, and for naming Tara and our breakfast ladies Lynette and Gloria in particular for taking such great care of you. I promise I will share your comments with our entire team. The greatest compliment we can receive is that you will return again - we sincerely thank you for that! Please hurry back!
Canton, Illinois
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Family had a great stay in Atlanta thanks to this hotel. Alicia was friendly (actually remembered my name during the stay) and great at check-in and when a problem arose later during the stay. Tara and Debbie were good at check-out.

2 Thank Jimmie M S
Wonderful! We greatly appreciate this review and you sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! Thank you so much for recognizing Alicia, Tara and Debbie at the Front Desk. Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated by our team members. I promise I will share it with all. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon!
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were a family of 6 last week, stuck overnight in Atlanta due to airline issues. We were fortunate enough to end up at the Camp Creek HIE. April at the front desk took fabulous care of us, and saw to it that we were comfortable and happy. We've stayed at several HIE's around the country. It's always very convenient to herd the whole clan downstairs for a hot breakfast, and the rooms are always neat and clean. But April stands out among all of our trips as being so friendly and patient and attentive to our situation. The overnight desk staff was also very helpful. We dined next door at Applebee's (great food and very convenient), and got a good night's rest.

2 Thank Strandfamily
Thank you for your review and comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel. And thank you for recognizing April and our team for their service to you and your family. We greatly appreciate these comments. We hope you will return again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The people make the difference at this Holiday Inn, they are professional, helpful, nice and aim to please with any request. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the breakfast is just standard easy fare however if you want to dine out this location is great for dining out as there are so many restaurants within walking distance. There a several shops plus a movie theatre and a big grocery store if you need any supplies. The only downside for this convenient hotel is that it is VERY confusing if you do not know there are THREE Airport Holiday Inns. At the domestic terminal the other Holiday Inns have a call number listed on the helpline, for this Holiday Inn location you have to know their number then call yourself. Also if you do not have the exact location / address you have NO idea which Holiday Inn has your reservations or where you are suppose to go...it is VERY CONFUSING and makes for a LONG wait...so make certain you have their phone number and the address and I would suggest calling as soon as you depart the plane so they will be there when you arrive. Additionally I suggest to the hotel that when a customer makes a reservations you are very specific with the customer as to HOW to catch a shuttle AND list your number at the domestic terminal help- call line!! All that aside I gave it a very good rating as for a Holiday Inn it is nice and the people - service is exceptional.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mi-Dan20
Thank you for this great review, and thank you for staying with us! Actually there are 4 Holiday Inn / Holiday Inn Expresses in the airport area and more coming in the future, so please heed this travelers advice and insure you know the exact addrese of your hotel to insure you get on the correct shuttle and to the correct hotel. Atlanta is a big city with close to 100 hotels in the airport area alone. We apologize for the confusion and the inconvenience you experienced. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return soon!
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

At time of writing this was number 3 hotel for the Atlanta area. I have absolutely no idea how come; this must be some kind of statistical anomaly.

First, the hotel claims to serve Atlanta Airport. True, there is a shuttle but the shuttle doesn't serve the international terminal and the pickup is only by request. So expect to wait around for 20 minutes and trek over to the domestic terminal after a long international flight.

Second, breakfast is included (and "award winning"). Basically this is a self-served gallery of the cheapest and most artificial foodstuffs known to man. The coffee is made at some point in the morning and kept warm in flasks. Even the utensils are plastic.

I hope you don't want dinner as there is no hotel bar, restaurant or catering at all in the evening. And without a car, the only option is the Chinese next door.

Finally, and perhaps I was just unlucky, you risk having someone singing very loudly from 2am to 3am in the adjoining bedroom. It helps with the jet lag no end.

For all that, expect to pay $99 a night. Very disappointing.

Stayed December 2013
12 Thank 32GeoffreyC
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear 32GeoffreyC,

We noticed your review regarding the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Arpt West, GA. We are reaching out to you on behalf of InterContinental Hotels Group or IHG, representing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites brand. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We have documented your comments under reference number 45178374, and are investigating the situation. However, before we can continue, we need some additional information. Please send an email to IHGCare@ihg.com.

Please include:
- The name the reservation was under as well as confirmation number, if possible.
- The dates of your stay.
- What action has the hotel management taken to resolve your concerns?
- Your IHG Rewards Club number (If applicable)
- Your contact information including your name, phone number, email and mailing address.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin Gacad
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare
Reference # 45178374
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Booked 2 nights at the hotel while driving into Atlanta for a weekend getaway, but due to car trouble ended up staying 5 nights. Fortunately I landed in this well run HIE for the duration.

Pros: Tara, at the front desk. She made last minute booking via phone a very pleasant experience. Cheerful, upbeat, and efficient. She also greeted me at check-in with energy and enthusiasm. I really felt welcome, and not just because I'm a premier club member. Tara also provided solid restaurant recommendations, directions, and pleasant conversation throughout my stay. She's a real asset. Great job, Tara!

My 1st room faced the small lake at the rear of the hotel. It was clean, fresh, standard business hotel fare. Very quiet, private feeling side of the hotel. Unfortunately the guest above me must have been a clog dancer, so the next day I asked to move to a top floor room. (Side note: Fellow travellers, please be extra considerate for the sake of the people under, over and around you when staying at a hotel)

Tara upgraded my room to a King Suite on the top floor, no problem! Unfortunately the room had a strong stench of bleach and disinfectant. I asked Tara to move me again. With sincere apologies she said they were out of Suites. My new Standard King room faced the parking lot/mall. Since it was on the highest floor and the windows are double pane I never heard a sound from outside. Excellent soundproofing at this hotel makes it a good choice for light sleepers like me --well, as long as Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers aren't practicing overhead :-)

Beds in both rooms were excellent, though on the firm side, and the sheets weren't overly bleached (compared to hotels that feature smelly bedding and enough bleach residue to make my skin itch). I slept very well over my entire stay.

Lobby, business center, lounge, and dining area are attractive, spacious, and spotless. Very well done. Others must agree since I saw several people lounging in the hotel atrium throughout my stay --which is always a good sign.

Location was surprisingly good for travel into and back from Atlanta, including Buckhead, Five Points and Decatur, even during morning and evening rush hours.

Con's: A couple of minor things prevented me from assigning this HIE a 5 star rating.

I hung my towels for reuse and every day they were replaced. This is the case nearly everywhere I stay that (allegedly) offers "green" options, which I always try to make use of. It's a training issue hotels should do a better job managing.

Breakfast selection was standard HIE, Hampton Inn, etc., fare, but felt uninspired. Not much fresh fruit (apples or bananas), no high fiber cereal options, flavorless bacon, only sugary yoghurt. On a positive note, the breakfast staff were friendly, and kept everything clean and well stocked at all times. They were terrific.

The fact that the King Suite I was upgraded to wasn't fit for habitation due to the strong smell. Housekeeping should have fixed or flagged this.

Summary: I can confidently recommend this hotel for travelers using the airport or anyone looking for a very comfortable, clean, efficient and welcoming place to stay outside of downtown -at about 60% the cost of staying in the central city. I certainly will choose to stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: For more privacy ask for a room facing the lake.