“Tara and Debbie were awesome Very friendly /helpful/knowledgeable of information needed thanks girls”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #61 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Spring City, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

One of best hotels ever stayed in Clean / friendly staff / price for room fair/ area very convenient with choices of shopping areas/ restaurants.Overall very pleased with stay.Was hunting place close to airport with early shuttle since flight was early .staff very accommodating with fresh coffee at 4:30am now that was nice

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank lila t
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Wonderful! We greatly appreciate this review and you sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for recognizing Tara and Debbie at the Front Desk for their service . I promise I will share your review with our team. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Because of a cancelled flight, I unexpectedly found myself spending the night in Atlanta. I made a reservation at the airport phone kiosk then waited outside for the free shuttle to my hotel. Unfortunately, I got onto the wrong shuttle and ended up at a different HI Express than the one where I had reserved a room (there are two near the airport). But when I got to the hotel, the desk clerk immediately figured out what happened, contacted the other hotel, and because I didn't want to get on another shuttle bus, was able to switch my reservation on the spot. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The wifi worked great! Breakfast was excellent and the eating area was kept clean and well-stocked. I didn't choose to spend the night in Atlanta but was glad I stayed here! The staff were professional, friendly, and welcoming. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you found us and chose to stay with us. We hope you will return for a planned and longer stay so you can take advantage all that our location has to offer. We are fortunate be situated in a unique setting for an airport hotel, with a huge shopping & entertainment complex at our front door; and yet just minutes from the airport or downtown Atlanta. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were in Atlanta for our Pastors Conference, I met a lady named LYNETTE that worked in the kitchen. She was such a servant! she had and amazing personality. It really blessed me to have the opportunity to meet someone who seemed so sweet and genuine. I'd suggest you all hiring more workers like her. On another note, the rooms were amazing the people at the front desk were kind as well. It was an all around good experience! I will for sure be staying there next time I'm in the area.

1 Thank Deshawn W
Wonderful! We greatly appreciate this review and you sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! Thank you so much for recognizing Lynette in our Breakfast area. Lynette works very hard to please our guests and recognition such as yours means a great deal to us. I promise I will share this with Lynette and the entire team. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon!
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The staff were enthusiastic and highly professional. The front desk staff were knowledgeable about the airport and the logistics of coming and going. The shuttle was prompt. Good value. Free parking. Restaurants, a WalGreens and a spirits store are easy to walk to. Great place for a traveler in transit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Fantasticl! THANK YOU for your comments and review, we greatly appreciate it. Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated by our team members. I promise I will share it with all. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon!
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was here for three days and enjoyed every single minute. The hotel was immaculate - my room was large with a view of the lake in the back, and breakfast was good. Kudos to Leslie James and everyone else on the staff for making a solo traveler feel welcome.

This hotel is so wonderfully located. There's a movie theater, package store, Walgreens, grocery stores, a myriad of restaurants, and shopping centers within a mile of the hotel. It's turnkey.

There are two areas of improvement that I see:

1. My room key never ever worked. Each time I left the hotel I had to get a room key reauthorized on my return. This is inconvenient.

2. The front desk could be staffed much better. Because this is an airport hotel, there are flight crews staying at the hotel, people to be picked up by the shuttle, etc. The front desk clerks are always extremely busy. While they handle this with considerable aplomb, they can use some help. Since I had to stop by the front desk every day to get a new room key, it got annoying to have to wait 10-15 minutes for help because the front desk was doing 10 things at once. This is by no means a complaint against the front desk staff, but management should look into better staffing at peak times - this is a two person job.

I will be back in May for a repeat visit, and again in June. Stay here and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ASmith1908
Thank you for your review and comments! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your planned return visits in the coming months. I apologize for the challenges you had with your room door lock and key and assure it will be addressed. I am also sorry to hear you experienced some waiting at the Front Desk. This is not typical nor the experience we want our guests to have. Again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to your return in May!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the location for two nights during a recent weekend in Atlanta. Actually, I must admit that was a little surprise by the ambiance, quality of service, the rooms and the staff. i have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express, but this location has really step their games. The ambiance is the first thing you notice when you walk into the lobby. A very warming and inviting atmosphere with a great staff to compliment it. The rooms had the latest decor and amenities that made the stay even more relaxing. The wife and I actually thought about just staying in the room and just enjoy one another as oppose to meeting friend as planned. During our whole stay, the only slight discomfort was controlling the thermostat. Not as user friendly as it appears. However, that said, this was still a great stay and would definitely recommend to friends and stay there again without a doubt. Oh, almost forgot the restaurant, beverage store and shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
The highest compliment we can be paid is your promise to return - THANK YOU! We greatly appreciate this review and you sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated by our team members. I promise I will share it with all. I apologize that you had challenges with your room thermostat and assure you that we will investigate and follow-up in that room. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon!
Monroe, Georgia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I work for Origami Owl and my team traveled all over the nation to participate in our Atlanta Leadership Summit. The room was all set up ahead of time and everything worked great (AV equipment). The staff took great care of us and Leslie James was awesome to coordinate with.

Room Tip: The Presidential King Suite was lovely.