“Park and Fly Service Slow”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #51 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Park and Fly Service Slow”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Returned from a cruise on Sat. evening and called to request pickup from the airport. Was told the van would arrive in 15 to 20 mins. After 45 mins. called to see about the van again. Was told there was only one van driver and he had been very busy and to expect the van in 15 to 20 mins. plus the woman at the desk apologized. After another 15 mins the van arrived. It then took 10 mins. to get back to the hotel so we didn't think traffic could have been a problem. Otherwise the hotel was fine, but would definately use a different hotel for park and fly service. An hour to wait for the van is way too long. While waiting, we saw vans from other hotels come and go three times!

5 Thank sirtravelbug
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear sirtravelbug,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the experience you had from our Shuttle service. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
New Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Hotel was very nice. It is clean and they offer a nice breakfast and on some late afternoons they provide some refreshments with cheese, crsip vegies, and cheese..

Debbie was an exceptional employee who helped me find my new ING number and helped us with shuttles to area restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate the Kawasaki group now staying with us and are delighted you enjoyed your stay! Thank you also for recognizing Debbie at the Front Desk for taking great care of you. I will share your comments with our entire team. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here in 2012 when I needed to stay an extra night in Atlanta before my flight home. This hotel was the nicest of the more reasonably priced places (I rode the shuttle to another hotel nearby, and it was so gross that I cancelled my reservation). There was a shuttle to the airport, a grocery store nearby, and the manager, Franck, was really cool and helpful. In fact, that's why I'm writing this. I remember he was cool so I asked for his card. And... I just found the card.

Room Tip: I didn't use room service, but I still needed to select a rating above for that category.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael T
Thank you for the great review and for posting it on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your remembering us, and for taking the time to do this. I will share this with our entire team. Thank you for staying with us, and please hurry back soon!
Danville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

By far the best place to stay. Super clean rooms, super friendly staff, great breakfast. Close to everything you may need while away from home. Always greeted by a smiling face from the hotel staff, very personable. Debbie at the front desk is so nice as is all of the staff. The maid service employees are so friendly too. I've stayed at places where the staff hardly speak to me in passing, and it is always so awkward and uncomfortable, but that is definitely not the case here. I just can't see how some people could've had any problem with the their stay here- reading thru the reviews I find the negative ones hard to believe. I will always choose this hotel for my next trainings in Atl. I'm a country girl from below Macon and being this close to the big city was a little scary, but this area seemed very safe and like I said- everyone was so friendly.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank candicegray0226
Thank you for the terrific review and for posting it on Trip Advisor! Thank you also for recognizing Alicia, Debbie at our Front Desk for for herr outstanding service and hospitality. We truly appreciate comments such as yours and I assure you I will share them with our team. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We reserved a room at this hotel as a stop on a long car trip. We just needed a clean, quite room for the night. When checking in, I specifically asked if our room was anywhere near the elevators or the ice machine as we needed uninterrupted rest. We were assured that our room was at the end of a hallway. We took the elevator up, stepped off, and turned directly to our right. There was our room....to get any closer you would have to sleep IN the elevator! Bad vibes!!! Went down and asked for a different room. Got another and headed back to the elevator, which was now filled with teenagers. Sure enough, they got off at the same floor as us and started running up and down the halls. Maybe it was just bad timing that we needed to stay here the same night that the group was there, but we were quite sure that a good night's sleep was not going to happen here. We went back down, cancelled our reservation, and hit the road in search of a better place. Our experience may not have been typical, but we had to trust our gut and go somewhere else for the night. By the way, it worked out perfectly for us...we found a place that was cheaper, very clean, and very quiet.

4 Thank eatbread
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
I am sorry but it is unfair of you to "assume" you would have been disturbed by the elevator (not one of our 600 reviews has ever complained of this), and unfair to assume the kids you saw would be a problem. We are sorry that you chose not to stay with us - you would have enjoyed your stay and my team would have taken great care of you,. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future if in the area. Thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

When i visited this hotel in March i was very impressed. As soon as I walked into the door I was greeted with a smile. The staff was very friendly an professional. My suite was clean which made me. I enjoyed my stay here an i plan on returning soon.!!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charo W
Wonderful! We greatly appreciate this review and you sharing your experience on the IHG website! And thank you for promising to return again soon! I promise I will share your review with our team. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Very good hotel, close to airport. Service was excellent and the rooms a generous size, clean, and modern. Price very reasonable. Full credit to 'Alicia' on the front desk. A very professional and friendly employee that any hotel around the world should be grateful to call an employee.

1 Thank Matt W
Thank you for the great review and for posting it on TripAdvisor! Thank you also for recognizing Alicia at the Front Desk for taking great care of you. We apprteciate your comments and your choosing our hotel. Please hurry back soon!