We recently stayed here over a Saturday night due to an unplanned flight layover. This hotel was a real gem in the price we paid which included free airport shuttle and a fabulous hot breakfast Sunday morning. When we arrived at the international terminal in Atlanta, I called the hotel (per directions on website) and there was a detailed message about the shuttle and where to go. It was about a 15 minute airport shuttle ride to the domestic terminal pick up spot so we waited until we were there to call the hotel back and ask for the shuttle, which arrived 15 minutes later. We had a very friendly driver who told us about the area and offered to drive us to one of many nearby restaurants for dinner.
The hotel is located in a shopping area with lots of retail shops and restaurants. The lobby area was nice with a water feature and there was a large outdoor deck in the back overlooking a pond. Several families appeared to be enjoying the indoor pool. The reception clerk was very friendly, and since we are members of the preferred program of the hotel, we got to pick out a treat from the snackbar. A little thing, but it's nice to be recognized, and after being in airports and planes for seven hours, much appreciated.
Our room was clean with ample space with a mini fridge and micorwave. They had nice bath products and we had blackout curtains and the area was quiet. There was a coffee maker in the room.
The breakfast buffet was incredible for an "economy" hotel. Again, we were there Sunday morning, so not sure if it's this good daily, but a huge assortment of hot and cold choices with fresh fruit, yogurt and other healthy choices as well as hot cinnamon rolls, waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, ceerals, etc etc. It got us off to a great start for the day. Again, not sure if Sunday was special, but a number of local police had apparently been invited in for breakfast, nice touch!
We had signed up for the airport shuttle the night before, but it was running every half hour that morning continuously. All in all, this friendly little hotel helped make the most of an annoying situation of the unplanned layover. I would go back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek