“LOVE this place & the Staff!!!! Nice location!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #60 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Gainesville, Florida
“LOVE this place & the Staff!!!! Nice location!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I absolutely loved this location!!! My flight had been cancelled from DC back to Gainesville, FL due to weather so I was not in the communication or game playing mood (please understand what I say). Delta would not provide assistance on finding a hotel, so I had to find my own. All of the hotels, close to the airport, were booked. I called IHG central reservations and got this excellent gentleman that was not trying to let my attitude mess up his evening. I forget his name, but he calmed me down, and helped me find this awesome hotel & even called to verify shuttle service still ran at this hour! Did I mention it was pouring rain outside & I had to walk in it to get to the shuttle area???! LOL! It was just not my evening! But once the shuttle came, Mr. Jonathan made everything easier. There was also a Delta Stewardess who was in the shuttle giving his praises of my hotel selection, so it made me feel so much better. I got to ATL about 9pm and did not make it to the hotel until after 11pm. Mr. Jonathan assisted me in the rain, even after I told him I had no cash to offer him for his excellent service. Ms. Chrissy was so helpful in checking me in and Ms. Alicia was awesome in helping me check-out and get back to the airport to get my flight home. Her daughter graduated so we conversed about that until Mr. DeAnthony was ready to take me to the airport. He offered me a bottle of water and chatted with me all the way back to the airport. I'm not fond of the Camp Creek area; I feel it is always crowded, but this place is so nice! The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is awesome! Love the back porch with the lake view, from the dining area, it’s very relaxing. If you come to ATL and need a place to stay around a lot of shopping, dining and still have a rest & relaxing feel, this is your hotel! They know how to turn your frown to a smile! Two Thumbs up!

Room Tip: A view of the lake is gorgeous!
1 Thank DytraLewis
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for this wonderful review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your comments very much, and I assure you I will share them with our entire team. Thank you also for recognizing Jonathan, Chrissy, Alicia and DeAnthony and the rest of our team for taking great care of you. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
East Point, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days during the Memorial holiday week and really didn't want to leave! First impressions are everything...from the moment I walked in the hotel lobby, I was greeted with a genuine smile from Chrissy who provided excellent customer service. Check in was easy, no fuss, and I was up to my room in minutes! The room was very clean and the bed was awesome...I slept better than I have in a long time. When I called downstairs for extra pillows that I love to sleep with, again no problem at all...Jonathan brought them up to me so quickly and with a smile! The hotel/room decor was also soothing, relaxing and I particularly appreciated the quietness since I expected it to be a little noisy with the holiday and all the cars I saw in the parking lot. My room was cleaned and restocked nicely each day. Each morning that I arrived to the breakfast area, it was fully and neatly stocked, and the area was very clean. Sadly, my day to check out had finally come, and Marilyn G. checked me out with speed, excellent customer service and with a nice smile, although it was 6:30am since I was on my way to work! Overall, my stay at this property was more than what I expected and all the staff that I encountered were very friendly, engaging and genuinely displayed their appreciation for me choosing to stay there. Thank you!!

1 Thank sandra m
Thank you for this excellent review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your comments very much, and I assure you I will share them with our entire team. Thank you also for recognizing Chrissy, Jonathan, Marilyn and the rest of our team for taking great care of you. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We really had a great time at this hotel. We stayed 3 nights and everything was great. I arrived and was greeted by a gracious staff member named Tara. She was so professional and pleasant. She advised that I was the IHG Member of the day and I was offered bonus points and a welcome snack. Leslie the Sales Director was awesome as well. She greeted everyone in the morning during breakfast just to see how you were enjoying your stay. Renee made sure that the breakfast area was always full and made sure that you were taking care of. I also would like to say thank you to Shan( housekeper) who made sure that we had all that we needed in our room. Overall this by far was the best hotels that we have stayed at in a long time. Just when you think that real customer service is dead, The Holiday Inn Express Airport West, proved that it still lives. We will visit this property again :)

Room Tip: We were in room 423. Very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jersey621
Thank you for this great review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your comments very much, and I assure you I will share them with our entire team. Thank you also for recognizing Tara, Leslie, Renee, Shan and the rest of our team for taking great care of you. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed there for 5 days in suite. Everything was great. Staff so helpful at all times, making sure your ok and having a nice stay. Beds were amazing. So very comfortable and the room itself had great amenities. I stay at 5 star IHG properties and this Holiday Inn Express will give some a run for the money. Didn't expect this level of quality at a Holiday Inn property. My tv didn't work most of the time but when I brought it to staff attention, they replaced the entire TV! Buffet breakfast was plentiful. The property is in the middle of everything. You can walk to restaurants, department stores, fast food and the gym. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DarrahBM
Thank you for this terrific review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your comments very much, and I assure you I will share them with our entire team. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We really liked staying in this hotel. The lobby staff was very helpful when we needed them. The room was very clean, the beds confortable and all had a very modern decoration. The breakfast had plenty of choice and fresh fruit which is rare to find nowadays. It's a pitty we didn't get a chance to try the indoor pool and fitness center! The rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers.
great job Nabil

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Garvin T
Midwest
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We recently stayed here over a Saturday night due to an unplanned flight layover. This hotel was a real gem in the price we paid which included free airport shuttle and a fabulous hot breakfast Sunday morning. When we arrived at the international terminal in Atlanta, I called the hotel (per directions on website) and there was a detailed message about the shuttle and where to go. It was about a 15 minute airport shuttle ride to the domestic terminal pick up spot so we waited until we were there to call the hotel back and ask for the shuttle, which arrived 15 minutes later. We had a very friendly driver who told us about the area and offered to drive us to one of many nearby restaurants for dinner.
The hotel is located in a shopping area with lots of retail shops and restaurants. The lobby area was nice with a water feature and there was a large outdoor deck in the back overlooking a pond. Several families appeared to be enjoying the indoor pool. The reception clerk was very friendly, and since we are members of the preferred program of the hotel, we got to pick out a treat from the snackbar. A little thing, but it's nice to be recognized, and after being in airports and planes for seven hours, much appreciated.
Our room was clean with ample space with a mini fridge and micorwave. They had nice bath products and we had blackout curtains and the area was quiet. There was a coffee maker in the room.
The breakfast buffet was incredible for an "economy" hotel. Again, we were there Sunday morning, so not sure if it's this good daily, but a huge assortment of hot and cold choices with fresh fruit, yogurt and other healthy choices as well as hot cinnamon rolls, waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, ceerals, etc etc. It got us off to a great start for the day. Again, not sure if Sunday was special, but a number of local police had apparently been invited in for breakfast, nice touch!
We had signed up for the airport shuttle the night before, but it was running every half hour that morning continuously. All in all, this friendly little hotel helped make the most of an annoying situation of the unplanned layover. I would go back for sure.

1 Thank Lovtorun
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a quick overnight between flights. From the minute we walked in (at about 9:30 pm, we knew we found the right place. The woman who checked us in was friendly and very welcoming. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The value for the 4 of us was excellent & included breakfast and free shuttle to / from the airport.
We had allot of scuba gear (4 large bags) that they locked up for us on the ground floor so we didn't need to lug them through the hotel. We often stay in Atlanta between international flights and will most definitely be returning to this terrifc place!
Special THANK YOU to: Alicia, Marilyn G. and Andre for making our stay perfect!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face the lake - very noce view!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for thisgreat review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your comments very much, and I assure you I will share them with our entire team. Thank you also for recognizing Alicia, Marilyn, Andre and the rest of our team for taking great care of you. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!