“Clean, convenient to convention center and airport”

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #13 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had a girl's trip to Atlanta for a convention and stayed at this hotel because it was convenient to the convention center. We drove in from out of town and the hotel was easy to get to. There were four of us in a room and the room was a little smaller than we expected. We thought the room had queen beds, but they were two double beds. It's a good thing we all got along because it was tight.

The room was clean but we had to ask for more towels and coffee. Not a huge deal.

The housekeeping staff comes around early so make sure you put the "do not disturb" sign up. They knock twice and open the door a little too quickly. But they are super friendly and efficient.

We ate at the restaurant for lunch and it was good. It's a little expensive, but not nearly as expensive as some hotel restaurants I've been to. We were able to get bar/food service in the lobby area. There is room service but we didn't try that. Nor did we eat at the breakfast buffett. Our room had a micro fridge so we were able to keep a few snacks cold. There are no restaurants within walking distance. Actually, there isn't much of anything within walking distance.

You can take the skytrain to the airport where you'll find about a half dozen restaurants, but they are very busy. You can also get to Marta from the airport if you want to take the train into town.

Parking at the hotel is not cheap. We were lucky and had a special convention rate of $5/day. Normally it's something like $18.

Surprisingly, we didn't hear a lot of the airplanes coming and going but we were on the north side of the hotel overlooking the parking garage. Airport is on the south side and it's BUSY.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and ask for a room on the north side which is further away from the airport.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I went to this hotel to attend a function. I was a part of a very large block of rooms. There was confusion checking in as we had several people staying in our room. However, I did appreciate the fact that they allowed us to split the bill from the onset. I do advise anyone staying there to check the bill before they leave. I have stayed here and at the Marriott Springhill across the street and they never fail to mess up my bill. That's my responsibility to check. With all that said....... I love this place! They treated us so well. The convenience to the airport is awesome. I highly recommend for anyone that needs to be close to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is where to stay when you need a convenient, quiet hotel adjacent to the airport. Great customer service, a nice executive lounge and spotless, modern and stylish rooms with all the amenities make this my favorite airport hotel. Wonderfully comfortable beds, lots of outlets for chargers and a large screen television add to the comforts. As I got off the shuttle train, a Marriott customer service rep was there to "pre-check" me in and provided easy directions to reach the front of the hotel. Each employee I encountered was welcoming and friendly. This is an oasis of rest and relaxation during a very busy travel week.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times! It is a must anytime I have an overnight layover in Atlanta. I am Platinum Marriott and I stayed there twice in December. The first time I had an afternoon flight and I had been working in the Caribbean for three weeks previously and was exhausted. I was a little bit late to the lounge to eat, but the lady was super fantastic and left the food out a little bit longer so I could have something to eat. She was super sweet and brought me the remote for the TV and invited me to relax. It was so welcome and I really enjoyed my time in the lounge. The next time I came to the hotel was on my return trip from Italy. It was the day before Christmas Eve and the guys who checked me in were very concerned that the lounge wasn't open so they gave me a coupon to have an appetizer in the bar (which would have been enough for me), but they also gave me two bottles of water, a bottle of wine and some candy in a really nice gift bag for my room. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I liked every room that I stayed in....
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed 1 night to catch early morning flight out.

PROS:
-LOVE how close it is to the AIRPORT
-Modern Contemporary Hotel, Stunning atrium/lobby
-Good CLEAN Large Rooms, Looks like these are brand new rooms, clean modern updated bathrooms
-QUIET ROOMS
-GOOD VALUE especially with the Park & Fly deal
-GREAT PARK & FLY rate, We stayed one night and was able to park our car for 6days included in the room rate

CONS:
-STAFF was GOOD at check in
-Wasn't able to check out much of the facilities like restaurant or gym or pool because we checked in so late and then had to get up early for flight the next morning
-MIX UP when we got back to get out of the parkade, our validated parking ticket had the wrong expiration/check out date so we had to go back up to the lobby to get another. It wasn't as seamless as we had hoped but Staff did a great job and smoothed over everything

***Would RECOMMEND & would DEFINITELY STAY AGAIN

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sparklegirl_19
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is one of the best airport Marriott locations that I have experienced throughout my worldly travels. Outstanding customer service, friendly staff, great food, nice bar options, health club and nearby walking proximity to the airport shuttle train. Modern rooms, clean, quite and very comfortable. If you need to stay at the ATL airport, this is by far the best option...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nights while in transit.
1 minute on airport train and you are there.
Extremely quiet considering you are next to the runway - didn't hear a plane at all!
It can be a bit of a wait for a taxi so book one early!
Restaurant was really good, for breakfast and dinner.
Staff very friendly, from desk to house to valet.
Rooms were very very tidy and comfortable.
Just be wary that there are a few Marriot hotels in the area so make sure you identify the right one - we got on the wrong shuttle to the wrong Marriott! Although the shuttle driver helped us back to the right one.
I recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business