Stayed there on two occasions this month for overnight flights in Atlanta.
(1)Check-in time is quick. Staff (Mr Dupree) was very helpful and tried to look after everything, answered all my questions;
(2)Just a couple of meters on the ATL Skytrain station. GICC Station.
(3)Kitchen opened late. Probably until midnite or 11.30 PM. The bar closes at 1.00 AM
(4)Rooms and bed comfortable. Rooms will need to be ...refreshed in 3-5 years I suppose.
(5)Check-in facilities (didnt try) available in the lobby for some airlines like Delta
(6)Like in many big hotels, there is a store where you can by water, candies, and some other stuff.
(7)Restaurant food was inexpensive. Portions... too generous. Service impeccable. Very kind service there. Local beers on the menu.
Things to consider
1- There is a pool. Will you take the privilege to use it if you are on an overnight flight?
2- The flexibility offered by the "ATL skytrain" is what you are looking for to avoid hotel shuttles. Please note a Marriott Fairfield hotel was right accross the street form this hotel.
3- If you are not overly stressed by the commute between hotels and terminals, then most hotels offer free shuttle service. Chances are the commute time could be very similar if you go to the international terminal.
About the ATL-Skytrain (one of this hotel's main assets)
(1)The ATL Skytrain is located at the exit of the domestic terminal. If you land in the domestic terminal and have to reach the Skytrain to get to this hotel, you may notice that informations in the airport terminal are not always 100% clear. Don,t bother, take your luggage from the carousel and just reach for the nearest exit. The ATL-Skytrain station is outside the terminal. Signs are clrearer outside.
(2) If you are landing in the international terminal, you will need to reach for the free shuttle bus that takes you to the DOMESTIC terminal. The terminus of this 10 minutes ride is the ATL Skytrain/domestic terminal that you will take to reach your hotel.
(3) If you leave the hotel to reach the international terminal, you will take the ATL skytrain to the domestic terminal, where you can then take the shuttle bus that will bring you to the international terminal.
(4) ATL-Skytrain runs 24 hours, but from 1 PM to 5PM, you need to push a button to "call" the train to pick you up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway hotel, a Silver LEED-certified hotel after a 2-minute free ride on the ATL SkyTrain from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. As one of the top hotels at the Atlanta Airport, Marriott Gateway boasts over 400 guest rooms and hotel suites with soundproof windows, iHome accessories and spacious work areas. Guests will enjoy unique and contemporary amenities at this hotel, including a refreshing indoor saline pool and savory cuisine and cocktails at Champions. With more than 21,000 square feet of meeting space, Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway is ideal for productive meetings and sophisticated soirees. Plus, as one of the premier hotels near Georgia International Convention Center, guests can take advantage of an additional 400,000 square feet of technologically advanced event space, just steps away. The Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway is an excellent landing, perfect for family reunions, corporate gatherings or your next Atlanta layover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway Hotel Atlanta