“Great stay, nice hotel”

Ranked #79 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great stay, nice hotel”
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

I used my points to book this hotel for a one night stay for a quick family get-a-way. It's in a perfect location for downtown ATL. You're right near Cetennial Park and the Georgia Aquarium, which is the reason for the trip. We got a king room on the 10th floor. The room is very modern, nicely decorated with a huge bathroom. The hotel was very quiet, which is good so our 3-year-old slept thru the night. The only downside $25 a day for valet parking. Also be aware the parking around Atlanta will cost you. We met some friends at a restaurant in Midtown, we put some money in the meter not really thinking they would be checked. We had 58 minutes on the meter, we were at the restaurant for 1 1/2 and came back to a $25 ticket for expired meter!!! Most cities don't enforce paying meters at night, but be warned Atlanta does.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank WarEagle73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Warner Robins
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

Historical on the outside and very modern i n the inside! Fantastic stay with great 24 hr breakfast!

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This was a trip for just my husband and myself. We were looking for a hotel that was centrally located, clean, and a moderate price. This one provides just that. I was very happy with our clean room and large shower). The room itself was small, but all we did there was sleep, so we didn't need anything more. If you want living space for your stay, this is not the hotel for you. The desk attendants were helpful and friendly. Will see them again later this year!

Room Tip: we got a special that included the parking which I highly recommend. Parking in Atlanta is expensive...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D2gauth
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this property during a recent business trip to ATL. My needs for accommodations while on business are fairly modest but important to me nonetheless. A hotel has to be quiet, clean, and have strong wireless access. Anything over and above that is a bonus. This particular Courtyard met my needs and more. It was not cookie cutter like many of their properties. In fact, the uniqueness of the building layout added to its charm. The building sits on a corner and is shaped like a triangle. I had an end unit (#810 I believe) and it was interesting how they laid it out. There was a modern foyer entry and around a half wall is a nice big bedroom and desk area and then a bathroom was pinched into the tip of the triangle. I must say it all worked well. Beyond the architectural elements, I was pleased with the cleanliness and overall environment. The A/C was cool and the hum was enough pleasant white noise to drown out any street noise below. They also used a composite wood flooring (maybe bamboo) instead of carpeting. I wish more hotels would do this. Carpets are nasty and give me nightmares just thinking what is embedded in them. The bed was comfortable with no obvious "dip" in it from hundreds of bodies. The free wireless was strong and I had full bars on my iPad the entire stay. They also have a small bistro attached to the hotel which was a nice change for breakfast from the standard cafeteria-styled area at most Courtyards. And you can't beat the price. Their standard rack rate for me was just $89. The only downside was the $25 per night valet parking. All in all I would definitely stay here again. I wouldn't recommend it for families but the business traveler will enjoy it.

Room Tip: Get a corner room at the end of the hall. They are quieter, let in more natural light, and have a ni...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kernman_nc
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Great Hotel & Location..Nice Bar & Rest..Terrible Rude Manager,,Marriott usualy doesn't hire staff like Brian & I'm sure he won't last long..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeremy S
Scot G, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
I am sorry that you felt you were not well taken care of. Our guest satisfaction is extremely important and do not take comments like this lightly. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding the incident and ensure that everything has been taken care of to your satisfaction. I can be reached by calling the hotel directly at 404-222-2416. I look forward to speaking with you. Regards, Scot
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Great location for downtown Atlanta. No frills economic hotel. Nothing special. Just a solid, inexpensive stay.

• Stayed April 2012
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We like to explore and try different places to stay and eat when we visit. Been Atlanta a few times. We found the Courtyard and it looked very nice only. We had no complaints about the hotel, the Staff greeted us extremely fast even though they were busy. They were very nice and helpful. We went to a Braves game that go rained out so we ended up at the hotel restaurant for dinner and drinks, had a great time. Only complaint is across the street from our room was a warehouse or something that head its bright lights on all night. The Room had thick curtains to black out the room but the bathroom did not.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple