“Clean, friendly staff, great location, good value”

Courtyard Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #81 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
kentucky
“Clean, friendly staff, great location, good value”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Recently stayed here during SEC basketball tournament and thoroughly happy with hotel. Rooms small but clean, comfortable and well decorated. Trouble getting breakfast on late Sunday morning but staff accomodated eventually. Great access to MARTA station across street. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
CHARLESTON
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great hotel, rooms a little small. But the staff was over the top! Whomever is in charge does a great job training. GIGI at the bar was superb, and the front desk clerk remembered my name. The only complaint that I had was the the bar ran out of certain beer the first night and it took 2 days to get it restocked. Not the staffs fault they did great.

Room Tip: Rather than run the A/C on auto leave it on, its loud when it kicks on and off
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This was our 4th stay at the Courtyard and were we so disappointed. The hotel is under new management, and it is lacking the personal touches that it has had in the years before. Previously, you would go to this hotel and you felt like you were seeing an old friend, everyone was so friendly and you felt very welcome. This is not the case now. Customer service is lacking in this hotel, including the manager, Scott.. He is very rude! The rooms were not as satisfactory as they once were. Overall, this was a complete letdown and we will not be returning for a fifth year.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Babablue73
TLYTLE, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
I am sorry you were not happy with the service we provided. Scot has been the GM of the hotel since we opened in 2011 and I can assure you we take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would love to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed 4 nights, last week in January, during very cold temps (24-10 degrees) for Atlanta area. Purpose of trip was to see the twin baby pandas at Zoo Atlanta. Zoo partners with Atlanta Checker Cab to provide free rides to/from your hotel to the zoo, very convenient. Hotel is very clean, modern and staff provides friendly, excellent service. Bistro restaurant/bar is great for quick snack or light dinner. Bar is excellent, especially so in cold weather--their hot toddy is great! Unfortunately, I had left my cell phone in the lobby while waiting for my cab to airport. The front desk knew what cab I had taken, contacted the company/driver, telling us my cell phone was safe and with them. Short ride back to hotel and retrieved it. Now that is service!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JP4MS
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My niece and I stayed here for a weekend in November. We came for the Seattle Seahawk-Atlanta Falcon NFL game. This is a great hotel. Front desk was very friendly. I had called to verify my reservation a week early, My name had been misspelled and my reservation couldn't be located. The lady at the front desk searched until she found it. Very very helpful! When we arrived she remembered my name. Hotel is very convenient to the Georgia Dome and places to eat. We spent a wonderful weekend cheering on our Seahawks and this hotel made it even better. Good job!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Denver
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband last weekend and had a great stay. This hotel is in the Carnegie Building which was the former library for the Georgia Tech campus built in the 1920s. I love older buildings and their history obviously. The interior of the hotel is very modern including the rooms. My husband and I actually took some interior design cues for our own home! They made terrific use of the space and original design of the building.

Overall the room was very clean but we did notice a layer of dust along the top track of the sliding door to the bathroom. Regardless we had a great stay. Hotel staff were welcoming and extremely helpful.

This hotel is literally within feet of the MARTA city train station that goes to the airport and other fun neighborhoods. It's in a great location downtown.

I highly recommend this hotel and if I'm in Atlanta I'll definitely be back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Went to ATL for a meeting and most convention hotels were sold out. Contacted Courtyard directly and was promptly and courteously accomodated for a 2 night stay. Hotel is very strategically located in the heart of ATL with walking distance to some lovely restaurants (check out Alma Cochina--I have a review for that), quick cab ride to convention center etc. Rooms were spacious and modern with hardwood etc. However, the hardwoods are noisy particularly if there is a woman (I think) with heels walking the hallway or staying directly above your room. It does not matter if you have to be up early :-) but on the day I wanted to sleep in a little it was a bother.
BTW, I had signed up for the mega bonus with Marriott-stay 2 nights and get a night free. Turns out that you have to stay in 2 different hotels (which I could have at the Marquis another spectacular hotel). So be warned or informed, if you have 2 or more nights, and are mobile, stay in 2 different properties and get a night free :-) Having said all of this, Courtyard is a very affordable property with onsite restaurant and really courteous Southern staff. They are great! 3 stars as I post reviews of a range of properties (and the clickety heels on hardwood floors), 5 stars for the staff and value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business