“Such a Nice Atmosphere”

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #3 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Great hotel, all the bells and whistles, plus a tranquil and beautiful setting and appearance. The best in Atlanta: great location, great service, peaceful. Would stay there every time I visit if possible.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cornjag
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Thank you for all your wonderful comments about your recent stay. We are delighted you allowed us the opportunity to be your host.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,310)

Reviewed 5 November 2012

While in Atlanta for a friend's wedding we were booked at the Emory Conference Center Hotel. The setting and the landscaping for the hotel was beautiful. Hotel design is unique and very pleasing to the eye. Rooms are spacious, well equipped, and quiet. Views from the room are very nice. Service staff is professional and attentive to the needs of the visitors. It is conveniently located next to Emory and the CDC complex.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the newly remodeled section.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheRodg

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel four times in the past several years. Each time I was attending some event at the University and this hotel was the one selected by the event.

I very much enjoy the setting and the architecture. I also like the comfortable feel of the lounge area (with its outside seating, firepit and billards table).

The rooms are a good size and the bedding is comfortable. There is a beautiful park just down the road (as the concierge) where the University president's house is located. Perfect for a run or stroll. The hotel pool is also nice.

My only disappointment is that the hotel does not quite live up to the potential of its setting or architecture. The HVAC is noisy. The bathroom supplies are chintzy (plastic soap dishes, motel toiletries). The service is friendly but not crisp.

So while I always return when I'm going to Emory, it isn't a hotel I would choose as a destination.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in one of the rooms located above the meeting rooms (located across a small breezeway fr...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kwazimotosan
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel is walking distance to the Emory campus and hospital, and offers a free shuttle within a 1 miles radius. It is average as hotels go. Offer only full size beds in the double rooms-no queens--restaurant is standard hotel food, no in room amenities like fridge, mini-bar, dvd, etc. And its not all that cheap--$145 a night. So unless you need to say on the edge of campus or you have a conf. there, there are better options.

1  Thank lwsathome

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback form your recent visit to our hotel. We will share your comments with our entire team and continue look for ways to improve upon our product and services.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

This hotel is conveniently located across from the CDC and about a 10 minute walk from Emory University. It is in a wooded setting with beautiful and serene common areas both inside and out.The rooms are slightly above average quality but quiet and comfortable. The only exception to this are the pillows which are too thick and generally uncomfortable except perhaps for back sleepers. The bathrooms are also small but clean. There is a bar/restaurant which has excellent ambiance but only average food. The breakfast, which is served in another restaurant was of good quality with excellent service. There are computers with printer in the lobby, a good health club and free and convenient parking.It seems to cater to groups and conferences. My excellent grade for this hotel reflects the very reasonable prices.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank world_citizen61
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Thank you for tasking the time to give feedback from your recent stay. We apprecaite the opportunity you gave us by choosing to stay with us. We look forward to hosting a future stay should your travel plans bring you back to the Emory/Atlanta area!

Reviewed 1 November 2012

This hotel is very quiet, which is most important for business travelers. Food and service in restaurant were very good. Underground parking on rainy days is very convenient and feels secure for women. I try to stay here whenever I'm in Atlanta on business and highly recommend it, although by highly recommending it, I must say it was booked recently when I had a last minute trip and I had to stay somewhere else - on the interstate - NOISY. I love the Frank Lloyd Wright influence, it's like staying in an art gallery.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms by exterior doors are a little noisy, but I didn't notice it after 10:00PM.
1  Thank Helen W

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us. We are delighted you allowed us the opportunity to be your host. We will share your comments with our entire staff.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I had a meeting at CDC scheduled for morning on October 17 so needed a one night hotel reservation nearby. A colleague recommended The Emory Conference Center Hotel. I have traveled to Atlanta numerous times but never stayed there but based on my friend's recommendation made reservations. In brief, it was an excellent experience. Excellent. The front desk staff were outstanding, the concierge was among the best I have ever worked with, the room was spacious and clean and the restaurant (I age only breakfast) was just fine. My meeting ended at noon so I asked for a late checkout. It was granted without so much as an eye blink. I will be sure to stay there again. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank King J