“EXCELLANT Sweet Staff, very caring, kind, courteous. 5 STARS” 5 of 5 bubbles

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #4 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Columbus, Georgia
“EXCELLANT Sweet Staff, very caring, kind, courteous. 5 STARS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were at The Emory Inn and Conference Center during the Ice/Snow Storm, in Atlanta 2014.
All the Staff were so kind, every staff member went out of their way to be kind and caring. They sacrificed personal needs to provide everyone at the The Emory Inn with safety, a clean room ( yes, we had servie to our rooms), wonderful meals in the cafe and resturant (the food was excellant), van service when needed (YES, even in the snow/ice.) We consider these precious people as friends, at the Emory Inn and Conference Center. Mr. Watson is a Great Man that will do everything possibel to make the Emory Inn perfect and ever need met for the Guest. Grace, Daniel, to name some of the sweetest people. Wish I could name every name of these sweet kind, loving, caring people that made the Atlanta snow/ice storm comfortable and safe for us. Thank you all for caring. Excellant Service. Love the Beautiful setting of this eco friendly hotel. God Bless You. Mrs. Moulton

Room Tip: Room with a balcony. Beautiful
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Mrs. Moulton,
Wow, where do we begin to thank you for such kind and compassionate words? We would just like you to know that we were truly honored to have you as our guest during the great storm! That was a trying time for all of our guests and we were consider ourselves lucky to have had such a nice person as our guest. We will make sure to share your comments with not only Mr. Watson, but with the rest of our staff as well. We just hope we will be lucky enough to have you as our guest again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Pullman, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was very pleased to find this hotel when visiting Emory University on business. It is nestled in a wooded, quiet, and very calm setting, but also close to a main artery. The design is very nice with a big fireplace in the main entrance hall and a very comfortable room. The service was friendly and always available.

Green Features: Their commitment to environmental sustainability was obvious. I was very pleased.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear gkaufman10,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Atlanta! We are excited to hear that you were able to enjoy our facilities as much as you did & hope we will get to see you back soon! Thank you again - we will make sure to share your comments with our staff!
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've never written a review of any business in my life. However, my recent stay at the Emory Conference Center Hotel was so disappointing that I had to write one and warn potential guests of what lies in store for them.

I came to the hotel for a conference I was participating in. Let's first talk about the positives. The room service, particularly a lady named Senita, was awesome. Their attention to detail, the price of the food, and the quality was all great. Additionally, the food in the Dining Room, and the food offered from the Banquet Services area for the conference was great. If I lived in North Atlanta, I would visit the Dining Room just to enjoy the food. The food services and banquet team are this hotel's saving grace.

The guest services, front desk, and hotel accommodations were horrible. Our conference organizer had negotiated as part of the package that attendees would not have to pay for parking. When I checked in, the front desk clerk told me parking was $10/nightly. When I informed her of what attendees had been told, and even emailed them the email stating that... I was told they would make a decision and inform me later. This is unacceptable. They should have said free parking immediately, but wanted to argue as if I was trying to steal something. Additionally, the front desk manager felt the need to continually interrupt me while I was explaining the situation.

When I arrived in the room, there was hair literally stuck to the walls of the bathroom. It appeared as if when the room was cleaned, a dirty cloth was used that had hair on it, and it left the hair on the walls. Additionally, there were actual holes in the wall. I took pictures of the holes and the hair and went to the front desk the next morning.

The front desk asked if I wanted to move rooms. Frankly, that's not them fixing the issue, that's just causing me to pack up and be inconvenienced. They promised on day 2 to clean the room. The rude front desk manager again kept interrupting me. That afternoon, I went to check the room, and it still had the hairs sticking on the walls.

I immediately went back to the front desk... and it took management going to the room to clean it.

With all of this being said, I thought I would at least see a discount on one of my meals, or nights... when I received my bill at the end of the week. Nothing! I went to the front desk and told the manager, I was really surprised that my business didn't mean more than that. And she told me, "yes, I want to do something for you, I just didn't know you were checking out today." I despise my intelligence being insulted. She has the ability to see my check out date. If there had been a plan to do anything, she would have checked. She just decided to insult my intelligence.

After all this, they took a night off... but if a customer has to ask for something to be done, then frankly; the hotel has already failed. I shouldn't have to ask....they should be looking for ways to make it up to me.

And get this... I look after I get home at my receipt... and they actually charged me for parking for 1 night....

They claim to be four star... this is not a four star hotel. The client care is non existent, the staff is highly unprofessional, and I will make sure as many people know it as possible... it's a waste of money! The food is great, but that's it!

1 Thank MrCTRobbins
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Good evening MrCTRobbins,
Thank you for reaching out to us and for being a guest at our property. We are sincerely apologetic that you had mixed experiences during your stay, as this is not the level of service we like to provide to our guests. Please know that I have personally spoken with our staff at both the Front Desk and in our Housekeeping departments in regards to your stay. We are taking all necessary measures to ensure that what you experienced does NOT repeat itself for any of our other guests. I did take the opportunity to personally review your room bill and did see the one night of parking on your bill, which we have immediately refunded back to you. This as well, never should have happened and we sincerely apologize for the experiences you had at our 3.5 star hotel. We feel terrible that you walked away from our property with such a bad taste in your mouth in regards to the hotel room portion of your stay. Again, please know we take all feedback very seriously want to sincerely apologize for the negative things you experienced. I can say on the other hand, that we were somewhat elated to hear that there were at least a few positives about your stay. We will definitely make sure that Senita, the banquet services staff and the cooks receive your praises for the hard work they provided. Overall we hang our heads low that you are still upset about your stay and hope we can "mend fences" with you. If there is anything we can ever do, please don't ever hesitate to reach out to us at any time.
Garden City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We have been faithful visitors to this hotel for years and have given it great reviews in the past but I guess that has all gone to their head because what used to be a great value hotel is now an over priced hotel. The rates on this hotel now match the beautiful larger name hotels lie the Hyatt in Buckhead and if you are going to pay that price why not enjoy the elegance and fun of being in a great shopping and dining area.Our most recent stay was in a worn out room that is really in need of an update. I guess the building demolition in front of the building has also brought some unwanted critters. Very disappointed in what used to be a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mvgirl1
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear mvgirl1,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are extremely disappointed to hear about your last experience with us and wanted to say thank you for letting us know everything that happened to you. We take guest feedback very seriously, and feedback like yours is what we use to gauge how we are doing. Please know that we have taken your feedback and shared it with our management team so we can properly investigate and make any necessary changes to fix your areas of concern. Most of all, we are extremely sorry that this is how you walked away thinking of us. Please know we constantly have some type of renovation project in the works, but it does not excuse some of the things you describe. We just hope that you will give us a second chance and let us try to rebuild your trust in our property and staff.
Bamako, Mali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Good impression on the service, a computer room suitable our needs, and bedrooms with equipment to perfection (microwave, fridge, TV, lounge chair and table chair, coffee maker). A room for little care of members of the maintenance of the hotel service.
The bathroom, daily, was detected at a very high level of cleanliness while making available the use towels necessary.

Room Tip: I cannot give a specific indication for a good room, by that, in my opinion all rooms have the same...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank Ibrahima Gaouss... T
Dear Ibrahima Gaouss,
Thank you for staying with us, and also thank you for giving us such a great review! We are truly the lucky ones to have had you as our guest and want to say thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We hope you are having safe travels and that we get to see you again soon!
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at the Emory Conference Hotel while attending a meeting at the CDC. The grounds of the hotel was beautiful, the hotel decor classy, and the rooms comfortable. Additionally, the staff was exceptionally helpful and happy to answer my questions. The hotel is within walking distance to the CDC and several restaurants and shops, but also just a short distance to several main bus lines. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to all traveling to the CDC or Emory (or Atlanta!)!

Dear Claire639,
We would like to thank you for the nice comments in regards to your stay. We are the ones who are truly lucky to have had you as our guest. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to get on TripAdvisor and share your experiences with everyone else, as direct guest feedback is the most honest feedback for our future guests to read. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Attending a wedding and reception at the Emory Conference Center Hotel gave us the opportunity for a long 4-day weekend. Coming from New England, I did not expect to feel such a warm and welcoming reception from the entire staff from check-in, cleaning staff, shuttle service, and the restaurant staff. Complete and Total Southern Hosptiality at it's Best!! A very special Thanks to the cook who when out of his way to prepare an incredibly delicious French Toast for two morning breakfasts. And a Maitre'D, dressed in his finest suit didn't hesitate for one second to make waffles for us. The hotel was immaculate, the rooms were cozy and quiet. 5++ STARS! Would stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JoeBLisaD,
Thank you for nice words about your recent stay with us! We are humbled to hear about your experience at the hotel and can't begin to thank you enough for taking time out of your day to share those experiences with the rest of the world. It sounds like you had a great four day stay, and hope that you will come back and do it again soon. Thank you, again!