“good hotel”

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #1 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 June 2014

it's second time for me to stay this lovely hotel, very close to emory university, restaurant area and beautiful park. actually, this time i came back this hotel was for my daugther's graduting.the staff in the hotel was very professional for this event.they gave me alot useful guide,also, the hotel prepared car for sending me, my brother and sister in law on 12 may 2014 to the campus for joining the celebration of graduation. the car had no any charge to me .

everything in the hotel was as good as the one where i used to stayed in 2012. that's the reason i came back again, even if the cost was not cheap during graduation season.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear travelover0303,
We love hearing about repeat guest experiences, and are elated to hear that your return trip was as great as your first stay! We consider graduation weekend to be one of our busiest, so we love hearing about the successes we have during this extremely busy time of year. Thank you again and we hope we will have you back again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,317)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've stayed here twice in the fall for a week long conference. The facilities are very nice. The food in the dining room got a bit stale by the end of the week as they tended to recycle dishes. The snacks provided during the day were extraordinary. Plenty of sweet, salty and healthy options. There is a great park and wooded walking trail nearby which is fantastic after a long day of sitting indoors. Distance from the airport is approximately 20-25 minutes via shuttle. Other reviews confirm that if you are looking to explore the area, you will certainly need a vehicle.

The gym is adequate, but nothing special. Overall a great location for a conference or group event of sorts. I would not consider this location for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Lindsay A,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent conferences. Thank you for providing such honest feedback, as our new executive Chef is looking to improve our menu options. We just hope that during your next visit that we will be able to knock your socks off each day!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here a couple of times recently.
Pros:
Walking distance to CDC and Emory campus
Nice running routes
Clean and spacious rooms
Walking distance to new local shops / restaurant area
Very helpful staff

Cons:
Don't really have any

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear PJ F,
Thank you for staying at the Emory Conference Center Hotel during your recent trip to Atlanta. What we loved to read the most about your review was that you only had positive things to say! We see that you are a Senior Contributor and quite the road warrior, so this really means a lot to us. Thank you again and we hope we will be lucky enough to have you as a guest again, soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here for a conference that was being held on Emory's campus. It was absolutely beautiful and the staff was amazing. Gorgeous grounds and southern hospitality at its best. And believe it or not, reasonably priced. The bed mattress was really comfortable too. I will absolutely stay here again.

Dear Lesa R,
Thank you for staying at the Emory Conference Center Hotel and for giving us a five star review! We are glad that we were able to provide the right mix of accommodations, atmosphere and customer service that you were looking for. We are also glad that you enjoyed the beds so much, as we just replaced them two months ago. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The positive thing about the Emory Conference Center Hotel is that it is close to the Emory campus (as you might guess from the name). I was attending a conference and I wanted to have a place were I was able to walk, so that was OK. It is also in walking distance to the Emory Hospital if this is of relevance to you.

In terms of hotel it's really nothing special. The rooms are fine and include what you need (working WiFi, comfortable bed and TV), but that's about it. Depending on where your room is located you might have a nice view over some kind of garden which gives a nice touch. Also there is a gym which is well equipped with a nice swimming pool. In terms of food I had room service once which was nice. But the Emory Conference Center Hotel is certainly not a luxury hotel by any stretch of imagination.

The biggest issue with the hotel is that you are completely lost if you do not have a car. The only point in walking distance is the Emory Point which includes a handful of restaurant and a CVS store. Besides this and the Emory campus of course nothing else can be reached by car. I think that many people traveling in Georgia probably come with a car so that might not be a problem. I did not have one and it turned out to be very limiting and expensive since I had to take the taxi to virtually everywhere.

I do not think that I would return to the Emory Conference Center Hotel. But if you need to be close to the campus I guess it's as good a choice as any.

Room Tip: 3356 has a nice view over the trees and is quite calm at night
Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Michael H

Dear Michael H,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during you recent trip to Atlanta, and for taking the time to review your experiences here on TripAdvisor.com. We love direct guest feedback as it always helps us be better prepared for the future. We do cater directly to Emory University, Emory Hospital and CDC, as we we are located on the college campus. Downtown is 7 miles from us, but is accessible by car, taxi, or MARTA. We take your comments to heart and hope you have safe travels in the future!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Kind of surprised by the other reviews. This was a good hotel but far from outstanding. It is relatively far out from downtown, midtown or Buckhead and really only convenient if you have to be at Emory or want to be close to Decatur. The rooms were OK but nothing better than I have experienced at one of the better Sheraton or Marriott hotels. No safe, no minibar, and the bar in the hotel closes at 11pm with nothing else in the area to speak of. Getting to the hotel from the airport is a $50+ cab ride, not many shuttles go there, and public transport is inconvenient. My room was OK, but the AC was not supercool and the pillows were OK but not high quality like you get at Westins or other 4* hotels. Maybe I am just too picky, but I probably won't stay here again especially since the cost of a room approaches $200 with taxes. PS Maybe my opinion would have been different if I was driving a car since that would give you more mobility.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear sirtravel,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We love to hear all feedback from our guests - both the positives as well as the areas of opportunities that we have to improve our product for future guests, especially from road warriors like yourself. We have taken your comments to heart and will be using them to move our hotel to the standards you are looking for. Thank you again a safe travels!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My stay was business related. The hotel was clean, the staff was exceptional!! Check in was easy and fast. I needed to leave my car in the garage after I checked out because I had a full day of meetings with the CDC.The front desk was more than accommodating. While walking through the beautiful hotel, staff would approach, greet and offer assistance. I had an omelette in the dining room one morning. It was delicious but what was better was the lady who made it, so pleasant. A wonderful way to start your day.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bobby L,
Thank you for the kind words in regards to your stay with us at the Emory Conference Center Hotel. It sounds like you were really able to enjoy every aspect of our hotel, which definitely keeps us striving to keep up the standards we have in place. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!