“Always a pleasant experience”

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #4 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
“Always a pleasant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for a total of 24 nights over the past 3 years, and it is always a pleasant experience. The staff is warm and welcoming. The front desk staff always greet you with a smile, the guy who coordinates the shuttle is always friendly and accommodates your needs, and the guy who drives the shuttle (not sure of his name) is always so sweet. My hotel room is always spotless when I check in. I have always needed a fridge due to extended stays, and if available they bring it to my room if I request it. The grounds are beautiful, the bar is a cute place to mingle with colleagues. They have free coffee on the bottom floor in the mornings. You can use the Emory gym. Emory Pointe, which has shops and restaurants within walking distance. The CDC is within walking distance. This place is just the best! No complaints here. Always an excellent experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear ilovepeanuts6,
We can't begin to say thank you enough for your dedication to us. We find ourselves truly humbled that you have chosen us to be your home away from home while in the Atlanta area. I will definitely make sure to share your comments with our staff, so they know how much they are appreciated, as well as we hope you know how much we appreciate you. If there is ever anything you need on your future stays besides just a refrigerator, you just say the word!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel full of charm and Art Deco. Stayed for four nights since they were also hosting my nieces wedding. Good buffet breakfast and Club Lounge for evening cocktails. Shame it wasn't open for lunchtime too! Excellent wedding arrangements - ceremony on lawn then wedding breakfast in seperate annexe with appetisers served on the terrace and drinks available from mobile bars beforehand.

Room Tip: Balcony room recommended
Green Features: Good green ethos on waste management and recycling
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sooziequse,
Thank you staying with us during your recent trip to Atlanta for your Niece's wedding! We are honored to have been chosen as the host hotel for such an important day in your family's life. The real question I pose to you now is, where will you be holding your family reunion? Thank you again and please have safe travels.
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was very surprised to see Frank Lloyd Wright architecture in Georgia. Being from the midwest, this was a nice surprise. I was there for a short meeting at the CDC, and unable to spend much time with the amenities at the hotel. Very nicely decorated, very clean. Very helpful staff. Our group had a catered dinner in their atrium, and it was very well done. I have food allergies, and they were very able to accommodate my needs, with no issues. EVERYONE was very customer focused, and ready to assist. My king room was nicely appointed - I wish the reading lights had been better, but that's a chronic issue I have with hotels. Nice bathroom amenities and linens. The AC didn't seem to work well - the room seemed muggy and uncomfortable overnight. Had a nice breakfast buffet - I wish I had used the omelet station, but they were very busy, and I was short on time. The buffet eggs were just that.....buffet eggs. They had a nice selection of breakfast foods.A very nice hotel - great staff, and great amenities.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear FSMBA4,
Thank you for being our guest during your recent trip to the Atlanta area. We are glad that you chose to stay with us and discover our property for your CDC meeting. We will definitely pass your feedback on to our staff and will have our Engineers look into the air conditioning issue. Also, we'll see what we can't do about those eggs. We thank you again and hope to have you back with us soon!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, full of good surprises. It has a great pool, bowling alley and very helpful staff. Too bad I never tried the breakfast. I went on a business trip to the CDC, but as it was spring break I took the family along. We arrived late and exhausted after a long drive. Parking is free. The front desk helped us immediately and gave us adjacent rooms, one for my cousin and the other for my husband, my son and me. The room was spacious, clean and the Internet was excellent. The only negative (my pet peeve really) was the cheap thin toilet paper provided; if it weren't for that I would have no complains about the room.
Overall, an excellent hotel for a good price.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Thiscarolina,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your family's recent trip to Atlanta! We loved reading about your experiences with us and are glad to see you all had such a great time. We will definitely by looking into the TP issue as well, as see if we can't up our ante in this department. Thank you again and we hope to have you back again soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I recently had the pleasure to stay at the Emory Conference Center Hotel and was highly impressed with the excellent customer service and friendly attitude I received from the front desk, restaurant and room cleaning staff. But I was most impressed with the service from the Concierge Leotis Watson, whose great smile, warm and welcoming greetings and "can do" assistance were among the finest I have ever encountered in my 40+ years of national/international travel. He's a true gem and wonderful ambassador for the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Robin R,
Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel, and more importantly for praising one of our own! We will definitely share this with him and make sure he gets the accolades that he deserves. Thank you for being our guest and we hope that we will get to see you again, soon!
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Early in July, my son was married using the Emory Conference Center as the hotel, and the connected Houston Mill House as the site for the wedding and reception. We could not have been more pleased. The Frank Lloyd Wright inspired design of the conference center was a very open and inviting site, with many places to gather in small groups. The staff was very attentive to all our needs. There are several computers in the lobby for guests to use and get documents printed. The Houston Mill House is a short 4-5 minute walk from the hotel, and is a wonderful contrast to the hotel, with its historical significance. The entire weekend went off without a glitch, and that is due in large part to the very caring and professional attitude of the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear DavidTP2011,
We are so excited to hear that we were allowed to be your host hotel & venue for such an important day. We are very honored to have been chosen and are humbled in your kind words regarding you experiences at the Emory Conference Center Hotel and Houston Mill House. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with others here on TripAdvisor. Now the real question is, when will we get to see you again? : )
Katonah, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

From the minute you check in, Leo the concierge has learned your name and will stop his work each and every time you pass by his desk. I promise you, you won't enter or leave the hotel without a warm greeting from Leo! I'll never stay anywhere else in the Emory/Atlanta area!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Gillian M,
Thank you so much for the flattering five star hotel review of the Emory Conference Center Hotel. We are elated that you & Leotis were able to bond so well - we will definitely make sure he is aware of the impact he made on your trip!