“Expected more”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sullivan's Island, South Carolina
“Expected more”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Since my high school class chose this as the headquarters hotel for our 50th reunion, I had expected a little more. The staff was certainly pleasant and the room was alright, but the hallways were a little tatty and smelled musty. Most travelers won't have the opportunity to use their catering, but I must say the food for our class reception was just okay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear mavmed,
We would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Atlanta for your reunion. We greatly appreciate all feedback to help let us know how we are doing. We will be following up with our housekeeping staff, as well as our engineering staff to ensure that we give our hallways the extra attention they need. We will also share your comments with our Executive Chef to see what we can do differently in the future. Thank you again and we hope you have safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Though I prefer boutique hotels, I enjoyed my stay here. My room was very comfortable and spacious, and I had a corner room with a small balcony.

The bathroom was also spacious and the toiletries were quality.

I was here for a meeting and especially appreciated that the conference rooms have windows overlooking a beautiful ravine.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Lisa R,
Thank you for not just staying with us, but also taking the time to review your stay here on TripAdvisor. Direct customer feedback really helps us know how we are doing and plan for the future. We see that you are quite the traveler, so we really like to hear what our road warriors have to say. Thank you again and we hope to see you again here soon!
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I casually mentioned to my dad that I was staying at the Emory Conference Center Hotel and surprisingly, he knew of the place and he had stayed there in the past. He mentioned that it was like a dorm and hotel hybrid and he was right. That is, until we saw roaches cross the floor of the game room and then again the next morning in the conference room. I think that tipped the place over to the dorm side.

At the hotel for a conference, the meeting rooms were spacious and the dining hall was comfortable. There was a plethora of food available at each meal in a buffet fashion and the waiters were delightfully refilling drinks and bussing the tables. The food was better than average and for the amount of people for whom they were cooking, I was impressed by the variety.

The rooms on the other hand were old and dated. They urgently need some remodeling. The decor reminded me of the 1980's with wicker chairs and shiny comforters.

The Emory Conference Center Hotel is located far from the airport and away from the center of town. It's a little pricey for what they're charging, they should invest in a little renovation and pest control.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maisha R
Dear Maisha R,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Atlanta. We are truly grateful to have had you as our guest and are disheartened to hear about some of your experiences. I wanted to let you know that I have shared your comments with our pest control company, as well as with the managers over these areas in hopes that we can eliminate any future occurrences. I also wanted to let you know that we are in the planning stages of renovating our north wing guest rooms, which will include all new furniture, carpet, safes, additional outlets, etc. We have already installed the new mattresses and box springs and the new refrigerators will be here at the end of this week. We hope that once we have completed these, that you will give us another shot. Thank you again and we hope to make it up to you soon!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a really nice hotel. We had many rooms and there were lots of places for our party to gather. Albert in The Club (local lounge) was so nice, he felt like part of the family. We put several tables together to play cards and the staff was so nice not to make us feel we were doing anything wrong or feel uncomfortable taking up room there). Ashley at the Check in & Out was really sweet & helpful. At the work out center they were out of disinfecting wipes for the machines and Ashley found us some till housekeeping could go fix the situation. The pool water did look a bit murky in the indoor pool and the bowling lanes were only open when a private party was in there so we didn't get to use either. However the ground were great, well situated, walking distance to shopping/great food options as well as Fairmont park. Bus stops were nearby if we needed to go further (didn't try but thought it was convenient). My son & his wife took the MARTA Train in from the airport to a station not too far from hotel (we picked them up took about 11 min) and they could have taken the bus the rest of the way. Overall a great time.

Room Tip: We had room 3360 was quite a bit smaller than the rest of our party in 4494, 1161, 3396..but still n...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear SusieRah946,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and more importantly, thank you for being our guest! We will definitely make sure to share your feedback with our associates, so that they know how their hard work positively impacted your stay. We will also take a close look at our pool to insure that everything is operating correctly. Thank you and again and hope to see you and your family back with us again soon!
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had a wonderful 3-day stay at this hotel. Staff was vey charming and polite. Have to thank the guy who coodinates the shuttle who helped deliver my luggage to the CDC building while I was in a meeting. Lots of neat restaurants near-by within walking distances. You can take leisure walks in their wooded backyard.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ragini2014,
Thank you for the kind five star review of the Emory Conference Center Hotel in regards to your recent trip to Atlanta! We are glad to see that you were able to enjoy the convenience of the Emory Point shopping district, as well as being so close to the CDC main entrance. We are also glad that you were able to enjoy Hahn Woods! It is definitely a luxury to have so many wooded acres as our back yard, considering we are only a few miles from Downtown Atlanta. Thank you again and we hope to have you back again soon!
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for a total of 24 nights over the past 3 years, and it is always a pleasant experience. The staff is warm and welcoming. The front desk staff always greet you with a smile, the guy who coordinates the shuttle is always friendly and accommodates your needs, and the guy who drives the shuttle (not sure of his name) is always so sweet. My hotel room is always spotless when I check in. I have always needed a fridge due to extended stays, and if available they bring it to my room if I request it. The grounds are beautiful, the bar is a cute place to mingle with colleagues. They have free coffee on the bottom floor in the mornings. You can use the Emory gym. Emory Pointe, which has shops and restaurants within walking distance. The CDC is within walking distance. This place is just the best! No complaints here. Always an excellent experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear ilovepeanuts6,
We can't begin to say thank you enough for your dedication to us. We find ourselves truly humbled that you have chosen us to be your home away from home while in the Atlanta area. I will definitely make sure to share your comments with our staff, so they know how much they are appreciated, as well as we hope you know how much we appreciate you. If there is ever anything you need on your future stays besides just a refrigerator, you just say the word!
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel full of charm and Art Deco. Stayed for four nights since they were also hosting my nieces wedding. Good buffet breakfast and Club Lounge for evening cocktails. Shame it wasn't open for lunchtime too! Excellent wedding arrangements - ceremony on lawn then wedding breakfast in seperate annexe with appetisers served on the terrace and drinks available from mobile bars beforehand.

Room Tip: Balcony room recommended
Green Features: Good green ethos on waste management and recycling
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sooziequse,
Thank you staying with us during your recent trip to Atlanta for your Niece's wedding! We are honored to have been chosen as the host hotel for such an important day in your family's life. The real question I pose to you now is, where will you be holding your family reunion? Thank you again and please have safe travels.