“Emory Conference Center stay!”

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #2 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel was so nice! I was visiting with my college for a leadership retreat and became amazed at how nice this hotel was! Not only does it fulfill the conference room spaces but the hotel also has a restaurant with absolutely amazing food and very nice hotel rooms! I also had the opportunity to hang out at the pool and the bowling alley! I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Kayla S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent trip to Atlanta. We are elated to hear that you enjoyed our facilities so much and will be sharing your comments with all of those referenced. Thank you again, and we hope we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Spent a weekend here with my boys (7 and 10) in August. Great location -- only about 15 min to the center of town, plus a number of decent restaurants within walking distance. Indoor pool was great. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear R V,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and more importantly, staying with us! We are so glad that you and your family were able to enjoy all of the amenities that we have and we hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Since my high school class chose this as the headquarters hotel for our 50th reunion, I had expected a little more. The staff was certainly pleasant and the room was alright, but the hallways were a little tatty and smelled musty. Most travelers won't have the opportunity to use their catering, but I must say the food for our class reception was just okay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear mavmed,
We would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Atlanta for your reunion. We greatly appreciate all feedback to help let us know how we are doing. We will be following up with our housekeeping staff, as well as our engineering staff to ensure that we give our hallways the extra attention they need. We will also share your comments with our Executive Chef to see what we can do differently in the future. Thank you again and we hope you have safe travels!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Though I prefer boutique hotels, I enjoyed my stay here. My room was very comfortable and spacious, and I had a corner room with a small balcony.

The bathroom was also spacious and the toiletries were quality.

I was here for a meeting and especially appreciated that the conference rooms have windows overlooking a beautiful ravine.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Lisa R,
Thank you for not just staying with us, but also taking the time to review your stay here on TripAdvisor. Direct customer feedback really helps us know how we are doing and plan for the future. We see that you are quite the traveler, so we really like to hear what our road warriors have to say. Thank you again and we hope to see you again here soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I casually mentioned to my dad that I was staying at the Emory Conference Center Hotel and surprisingly, he knew of the place and he had stayed there in the past. He mentioned that it was like a dorm and hotel hybrid and he was right. That is, until we saw roaches cross the floor of the game room and then again the next morning in the conference room. I think that tipped the place over to the dorm side.

At the hotel for a conference, the meeting rooms were spacious and the dining hall was comfortable. There was a plethora of food available at each meal in a buffet fashion and the waiters were delightfully refilling drinks and bussing the tables. The food was better than average and for the amount of people for whom they were cooking, I was impressed by the variety.

The rooms on the other hand were old and dated. They urgently need some remodeling. The decor reminded me of the 1980's with wicker chairs and shiny comforters.

The Emory Conference Center Hotel is located far from the airport and away from the center of town. It's a little pricey for what they're charging, they should invest in a little renovation and pest control.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Maisha R

Dear Maisha R,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Atlanta. We are truly grateful to have had you as our guest and are disheartened to hear about some of your experiences. I wanted to let you know that I have shared your comments with our pest control company, as well as with the managers over these areas in hopes that we can eliminate any future occurrences. I also wanted to let you know that we are in the planning stages of renovating our north wing guest rooms, which will include all new furniture, carpet, safes, additional outlets, etc. We have already installed the new mattresses and box springs and the new refrigerators will be here at the end of this week. We hope that once we have completed these, that you will give us another shot. Thank you again and we hope to make it up to you soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a really nice hotel. We had many rooms and there were lots of places for our party to gather. Albert in The Club (local lounge) was so nice, he felt like part of the family. We put several tables together to play cards and the staff was so nice not to make us feel we were doing anything wrong or feel uncomfortable taking up room there). Ashley at the Check in & Out was really sweet & helpful. At the work out center they were out of disinfecting wipes for the machines and Ashley found us some till housekeeping could go fix the situation. The pool water did look a bit murky in the indoor pool and the bowling lanes were only open when a private party was in there so we didn't get to use either. However the ground were great, well situated, walking distance to shopping/great food options as well as Fairmont park. Bus stops were nearby if we needed to go further (didn't try but thought it was convenient). My son & his wife took the MARTA Train in from the airport to a station not too far from hotel (we picked them up took about 11 min) and they could have taken the bus the rest of the way. Overall a great time.

Room Tip: We had room 3360 was quite a bit smaller than the rest of our party in 4494, 1161, 3396..but still n...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear SusieRah946,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and more importantly, thank you for being our guest! We will definitely make sure to share your feedback with our associates, so that they know how their hard work positively impacted your stay. We will also take a close look at our pool to insure that everything is operating correctly. Thank you and again and hope to see you and your family back with us again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had a wonderful 3-day stay at this hotel. Staff was vey charming and polite. Have to thank the guy who coodinates the shuttle who helped deliver my luggage to the CDC building while I was in a meeting. Lots of neat restaurants near-by within walking distances. You can take leisure walks in their wooded backyard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ragini2014,
Thank you for the kind five star review of the Emory Conference Center Hotel in regards to your recent trip to Atlanta! We are glad to see that you were able to enjoy the convenience of the Emory Point shopping district, as well as being so close to the CDC main entrance. We are also glad that you were able to enjoy Hahn Woods! It is definitely a luxury to have so many wooded acres as our back yard, considering we are only a few miles from Downtown Atlanta. Thank you again and we hope to have you back again soon!