“Even better than last time - really great food & beer”
Review of Der Biergarten

Der Biergarten
Reserve with OpenTable
Der Biergarten is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 4,020 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Opening just in time for Oktoberfest 2010, Der Biergarten gives Atlanta residents and visitors a true taste of German culture. Located Downtown within the Luckie Marietta District, Der Biergarten fills a citywide void of beer gardens and authentic German fare while providing world-class service in a festive, traditional atmosphere. Co-owner Wolfgang Hartert, a local resident and native of Germany, provided much of the inspiration for Der Biergarten. As he says, “Atlanta needs a restaurant like Der Biergarten. The significant German population and business community in Atlanta is begging for an authentic dining experience. I know that Der Biergarten will provide Europeans, just like me, a place to share the rich heritage of Germany with American friends.” Der Biergarten is made up of an elegant white tablecloth dining room, an alley with Fussball and table shuffleboard, and, of course, the indoor/outdoor beer garden. With traditional family style seating -a la Munich- and multiple flat-screen TVs, the beer garden is the best place for watching European or American football! Enjoy our authentic German cuisine while being surrounded by Bavarian décor, such as the hand-painted trompe l'oeil ("illusionistic") murals by Alexi Torres Alonso and a German-manufactured model-railroad that circles the restaurant.
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The management really cares about the customer experience here. Even on a quiet(ish) day, the GM presence was felt, and staff were kept busy - not just standing around looking bored, like in so many other places.

Beer pipes are clearly kept really clean, as the draft options we tried were great and fresh. The menu is so appealing, clearly laid out and the staff are well-informed and proud of what they offer.

Truly a great spot to while away a couple of weekend hours.

1  Thank FridaysChild

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I live in North Carolina, but when I go ATlanta i make a point to eat here. Great Food, atmosphere and service!!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Excellent German beer selection with authentic food. Lots of draft beer we can't find anywhere else. We had perfect weather to sit outside on the patio and our waiter was awesome. Don't miss the pretzel with obatze, and Weihenstephaner Kristal!! Only disappointment was it did not open until 5pm, so we had to wait on the sidewalk.

Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

We ate here last night and it was wonderful! I've been to Germany twice and this place reminded me of a place I always go near Ramstein AFB- the Phalzer Hof. Calvin was our server (also the bartender) and he was incredibly personable. He was also really helpful and gave great advice while we were ordering. The train came on while we were eating and was a very quaint touch! We ordered the Jagershnitzel and the Wurst plate. Both were amazing!!! Spatzel was so yummy! My husband raved about the mustards (3 came with the wurst). There were a lot of people sitting on the patio when we walked up, but we sat inside for the air conditioning. We are going back again soon with friends!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I guess people go there for the bier. I was happy to see such an authentic menu. The wurstplatte is perhaps the best choice, since it cannot be changed much. The spaetzle had cheese and onion added - very odd (never seen in Germany). I didn't like that. The sauerbraten was very good. The roladen auch. The plates very huge. Perhaps more American proportions.

Been to Der Biergarten? Share your experiences!