“A little farm in the big city”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
The Social Goat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2014

It's a little piece of heaven, no wonder the Social Goat gets rave reviews. The breakfasts were out of this world, the decorating and restoration that has been done to this old Victorian are tasteful and comfortable...I felt welcomed into this lovely home.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank JATTraveller
There are newer reviews for The Social Goat Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This, by far, is the BEST B and B where I have EVER stayed! True, I adore animals of all shapes and sizes and will kiss a goat on the lips, BUT I also appreciated the hospitality and care. Kristen, our hostess, is a lovely a sweet person, welcoming and kind. Just the right balance of "do your own thing..." AND "....do you want to chat and visit?...". Private, comfortable, feels like staying with a great friend. I miss Kristin, the goats (especially Maverick!, the three TOM tenors, batman, Monkey, and all the chickens.....Wonderful rooms, amazing ambiance, I am missing all of you tonight!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Rooster Cottage for four nights and loved it. The location is perfect for getting to downtown, Cabbagetown, Reynoldstown, North Highlands, Ponce de Leon and Little Five Points. The cottage was perfect for two, maybe three people (the bathroom is tiny and there's just one) and was very well decorated. The beds were comfy and it was nice to have my husband the early riser walk around the corner to the main house and get breakfast for me each morning (Kristy is an amazing cook!). The cottage smelled a little musty and mildewy, but that was our only complaint. The main house is gorgeous, as are the grounds and the little barnyard. All the animals were wonderful (you must like cats to stay here!). Definitely the best B&B I've ever stayed in. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DottieParker
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Our room in the "Carriage House" was large and comfortable, with ample space to eat, prep food, relax on the couch, and sleep in the separate bedroom on the king sized bed. We enjoyed the privacy offered by this space.

Breakfasts were large, rich, and delicious. We enjoyed our omelets, bacon, pancakes, and side dishes.

The property is well landscaped and decorated. It has a rural feel, but is nice and clean. The goats, chickens, turkeys, and cats were all friendly and healthy.

The Grant Park neighborhood had more to offer than we expected. The park itself made for a nice place to stroll. Area restaurants (within a mile from the B&B) offered sufficient choices for our two night stay.

The proprietors hospitality was spot-on. She was delayed in confirming our reservation due to a busy spring-cleaning schedule, but she was apologetic on the phone when I followed up. She was relaxed and flexible with our scheduling needs.

Room Tip: If you are looking for privacy, the "carriage house" is a good choice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lynne F
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here last year for our anniversary and loved it. It's a great spot near Grant Park and the zoo and it fits the area. We LOVED all the animals - Tullulah, Sherman the goats and the turkeys and chickens. Plus the cats in the house were friendly, too. Kristy is great as well - she upgraded our room to the Master Suite which was quite roomy and had a huge bathroom. And the breakfast was incredible - goat cheese & applewood sausage quiche. Best bed and breakfast experience I've had in awhile. Worth checking out if you're passing through or venturing in from the suburbs like we did. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WorldWanderer630
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Greeted by the Cheval/Nigerian goats, various chickens, Spanish black turkeys - all within the farm fence. Then taken to our room by a Batman, the rescue kitty, since we were early. This alone would have my positives. But Kristy is a joy to talk with and she makes a mean French toast. We got bumped up to the suite on the third floor and we really enjoyed ourselves up there with the antiques and big framed attic spaces. Great bed, lots of desks for this writer, quiet, close to walking in Grant Park and going downtown for an event. And yet -- it felt so much like being in the country.

Room Tip: All the rooms in the house are great (blue is smallest and suite is largest). I didn't see the c...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This Bed and Breakfast is an absolute gem. We have stayed in the Carriage House and in the Rooster Cottage, and both stays have exceeded expectations. The owner is extremely accomodating and a pleasure to chat with!
The Social Goat is very convenient to downtown, but is still a wonderful get away. We loved the goats, chickens, turkeys and cats. As an animal lover, having those sweet bardyard critters added to the charm!
We are already planning our next trip back to ATL and the Social Goat