“OH MY GOD”

Ranked #569 of 3,929 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: Local, no-frills Greek favorites to go! This place has some serious flavor and personality. Zip code 30312, restaurant phone: (404) 521-2220
Commerce, Georgia
“OH MY GOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

If you want a GREAT Gyro you got to stop by here the owner operator will serve you his dang wife will cook it for you this guy is a nut no he's a great guy the place is a dump but neat looking got pinic tables 2 to sit at outside but the Gyro is out of this world I got Lamb. Best Gyro i have ever had and I have had them almost everywhere.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank compassion691

“Best Gyro Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

This is exactly what I look for when I scour ATL for its best food and I feel like the general public agrees; no frills, great value, authentic ethnic food, and a Greek family's matriarch on the line making the best gyro ever. Add in the gravel parking lot, 2 outdoor picnic table dining room, and downtown MLK address and what you've got is a food find cool enough for hipsters, authentic enough to have every Greek person in ATL at the window, and epically delicious enough so that foodie or no foodie, you'll crave this place every day until you go back. Enjoy!

2 Thank RSBXLIV
Eden, Texas
“Delicious Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

This place was suggested by a friend who lives near Nick's and it did not disappoint! It's strickly for to-go orders but the gyros were terrific and well worth the stop. We were warned about Nick but he wasn't anywhere to be found.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank CathyK76837
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Best Gyro's around!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great greek food "to go" only. Enjoy or ignore the attitude when Nick isn't happy (often!) and grab a fantastic Gyro to go! Don't worry that the building looks like a place you would never stop and eat at.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank R Grant C
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Everyone I Met Was Right! Everything Was Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I have been seeing this small, run down building, on the corner of MLK and Hill Street for a couple of years. It has a smiling Greek painted on the building, and says something about Greek food, but it was always closed when I drove by. I wasn't even sure it was still a viable business. Yesterday, after the Georgia State football game, I drove by, and it was open! (Current Hours: M-F 11-7:30, Sat 12-7, Closed Sun.)

I love Greek food, so I ordered several different things to take home for my family to try. They Greek Pork on the Souvlaki plate was amazing--the seasoning was flavorful, but not overpowering. The Greek Salads were fresh and flavorful. The GYROS ARE THE BEST IN ATLANTA, as a previous reviewer stated. The Baklava is the best I've EVER had, and I've been a regular at Greek Restaurants, and Greek Festivals, in Atlanta for years. The Grilled chicken plate was also delicious, although the "regular fries" weren't as flavorful as the Greek. The Greek fries were fresh and tasty. The only thing that wasn't "great" was the spanikopita--it was just "ok." It seemed a little soggy, instead of flaky. I will give it another try, though, since I was there at closing, and it was most likely fresher earlier in the day!

This place is TAKE OUT ONLY. Food is cooked to order, so either call in your order ahead of time, or be prepared to wait. Over half a dozen other customers came in while I was waiting. A couple said they've come weekly for years. One recommended the Nick's burger as her favorite, another raved about the spaghetti. Everyone volunteered things like: "it's the best" and "the gyros are the best in town," and "you get your money's worth!"

As for the attitude mentioned previously, a Buckhead restaurant worker confirmed that. He said that Nick can be like the Seinfeld "soup Nazi," but I didn't see it!

I got a takeout menu, so I can call ahead next time! I'm glad I got enough food for me to have leftovers today. I WILL go back--OFTEN!

• Visited November 2011