“Chamblee Tucker Road Motel Six NASTY DIRTY Just plain gross”

Motel 6 Atlanta - Chamblee Tucker
Ranked #162 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was my first and last stay at any motel 6 I tried to find out if this was a franchise situation, because I've never, ever stayed a hotel as dirty as this--and so I found it hard to believe a corporate chain would allow this--didn't find the answer but decided it didn't matter anyway--I would never give this amount of filth a second chance without first receiving assurances from a VIP that housekeeping had been given a major overhall. Did I say GROSS??? Wanna hear one weird about it? TOILET BOWL had long brown hairs clinging to inside of the bowl. Say what? Same long hairs all over bathroom floor. (did the mop and toilet brush have hair stuck in them?--seriously ppl, it was gross!)

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank shelly T

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The inside of the room was not bad but outside was unsafe. It appeared to be a flop house for illegal activities. The clerk at the front desk was very rude at check-in. None of my reservation was honored( 4 rooms,1 being handicap). We didn't feel safe having the room serviced, so we tried to get clean towels from the maid and were told"no". I will not stay with Motel 6 again nor recommend it to friends. Looks were very deceiving!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank John K
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I always fly Standby so once again I got stuck at Atlanta airport. I wanted to get a hotel that was inexpensive, but clean at the same time. The employees were very respectful and helpful. The room was fairly clean but I wasn't too sure about some of the towels. The room came with free internet, a fridge, microwave and tv. Would've been nice to have coffee/tea in the room. Breakfast wasn't provided but a good stay none the less. The cheapest pprice for one person including tax was $62. I would stay there again

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Uhura1992
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The MOtel 6 is located in the city center, its great that they got free parking! The rooms were simple but clean and not noisy. For a short stay as we did, perfect. The stuff is very helpful! All the attractions are almost in walking distance. It was a minus that they had no pool, or they were renovating it, the time we were there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2009

I stayed at the hotel last weekend and it was very nice. The rooms were redone and the pool looked good. The guest laundry was greatly appreciated. The front desk staff were friendly. The lobby really needs more color. Everything is clean and neat, but more color.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank EnjoyingATL
BudgetelInn, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta - Chamblee Tucker, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2010

Thank you for the great review.

Reviewed 11 January 2009

Wanted to save money so we ended up staying at the Motel 6 on Chamblee Tucker Rd. Number of issues with this motel, the lights next to the bed did not work, holes in the walls, bedding smelled like smoke, room smelled like urine and the room certainly was not sound proof. We could hear someone walk back in forth in the room above us all night long. Money saved yes, felt like taking a shower once I left ABSOLUTELY! Dirty and just gross.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kornieme
Reviewed 23 November 2008

I picked this place because my overall experience with Motel 6s are that they are cheap and relatively reliable. However,
I'm two days into a week long stay and i've already had both a pimp and a hooker try to get me to do business with them on two separate occassions. This was all when standing out on the balcony of in front of the door to my second floor hotel room, not even in the parking lot! Also, the pimp wouldn't take no for an answer and hung around bothering me as i was trying to talk on my cell phone. The room is worn out, i couldn't get the heater to work at first, the blankets have burn marks in them though i'm in a non-smoking room. I'm not sure if i'll stick it out for the cheap price or try to get my money back so i can feel okay going outside my hotel room at night. it's sketchy.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank fancypantz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Studio 6 Chamblee
Buckhead
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
#37 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta - Chamblee Tucker? Share your experiences!