“Decent and good location”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive
Ranked #148 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband was staying in this hotel for a bushiness trip. His work had selected it because its a "long term stay" setup. I found it clean and well located. There is a grocery store and restaurants within walking distance. The room had a small kitchenette and small eating area. The hotel is not overly fancy and does not have a lot of perks like a gym or pool. But its clean and located near the Perimeter mall. The area was also great for walking around and seemed pretty safe.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Taralynne
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Atlanta - Perimeter. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I booked this Hotel through Priceline – and to be honest, having read the reviews on Trip Advisor before me I was genuinely concerned. However, my experience was entirely different to that of most of the reviewers on here.

I stayed at the Homestead Studio Suites in Atlanta in the Perimeter area for four days and was very happy with my stay here.

I found the room clean, spacious, with a nice bathroom area and decent kitchen utilities – a couple of pans, toaster, microwave, fridge and freezer and grill area.

The TV provided was 32 inch LG LED, no complaints. The bed provided was a little tougher than I’m used to, however, I slept like a baby each night. The air conditioning was good.
I paid for a two star – and I got a good two star experience.

I think some people on here have unrealistic expectations, personally I found it decent value for the price I paid. My only grievance was that the laundry facilities were closed at the time of writing.

I certainly wouldn’t want to be paying the “door advertised” $100 a night, however, if you can pick this hotel up for an affordable price and are happy with somewhere where you can rest your head in a clean environment. Then, this hotel is fine.

This hotel is a 10 minute walk from the Dunwoody subway station – it’s also in a safe area of Atlanta unlike my experience of downtown. Costco is a 10 minute walk away, and there is a Dominos Pizza, Arbys, supermarket and Pharmacy right around the corner – literally around the corner. Wal-Mart and Target is one metro stop north.

Bottom line – I found this to be a clean, comfortable base in which to rest and cook whilst exploring Atlanta. I’m rating this 4 “good” as for the money I paid, for the value received I felt like I got good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank DannyOffer
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed in this place for 2 weeks, the staff is peculiarly rude. They don't understand the meaning of hospitality. Given the fact it's an extended stay, still the front desk, housekeeping is expected to be a little polite. On my check out day since my flight was in the afternoon I requested for an hour extension given the fact that their check out timings are 11 am, but, inspite of my requests and over looking the fact that I had already been there for 2 weeks, they rudely turned down the request. Special mention of the lady at the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank pgsmh1

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. As this hotel's Manager, I have spoken with housekeeping and the rest of the staff to ensure that a situation like yours does not happen again.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Found two cockroaches, bed was basically springs and a sheet of cotton. No shampoo, and the was no drain stopper (PROBABLY WHERE THE COCKROACHES CAME FROM) i kept on waking up every hour just make sure that there were no bug on or around me. "PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE" luckily they were able to refund my second night. not worth it

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

I am truly sorry to read about the situation you experienced while staying at our hotel. We are routinely praised for our service, cleanliness, rooms, and exceptional rates, so it is with the utmost seriousness that I regard your comments. I can assure you that your remarks will be fully researched and all results will produce prompt actions by our management team. As a company, we will continue to make offering clean, comfortable hotel suites at affordable rates our priority.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Hello Travelers! I recently stayed at Homestead Perimeter for 3 weeks and my travel mate and I had a very satisfactory stay. Before coming to Atlanta I checked out the internet for hotels and reviews and decided that the Homestead was the best place to stay for our purposes. After reading some of the reviews we were apprehensive but, never experienced or saw the problems some of the reviewers complain about. We were treated in a cordial "southern hospitality" manner every time we went to or spoke with office staff. Our quoted rate and the bill we paid were exact. Clean towels and other necessities were plentiful. The grounds were clean, safe and comfortable. Our room was just what we expected. Fellow travelers staying here were pleasant and quiet. The Homestead was very convienent for that part of Atlanta; ajacent to the Publix , Rite Aid, fast food. Walking distance to MARTA, just 2 or 3 blocks from the Perimeter Mall.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carol C
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Atlanta - Perimeter. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

The manager on duty was horrible to work with. I got better service from the support staff than I did him! We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Atlanta - Perimeter. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

First, when we walked in, the rep was on a personal call. Also, she showed him another price online that was less $30 less than what he quoted. He wouldn't honor it. Then, when we walked in the room, it was fine. But, one hour later, the bathroom was flooded with water leaking from the toilet. When I called, he offered to give me another room, but I had to come to the office to get the key. When I went down to get it, it was raining cats and dogs. He gave me a room on the other side of the property. So, I had to pack back up and move in the rain. I asked if I could stay anywhere more convenient due to the weather, but he said nothing else was available. Mind you, as I walked in the rain, I saw 3 vacant rooms. Finally I settled in the other room and went to sleep. The bed was ok, but the bedding is rough and had crumbs in between the sheets. The next morning, I called to request late check out, and the Jamaican lady said they didn't honor late checkout and I had to be out in 30 minutes, which was 11:30am. I asked could I leave at noon, but was not allowed. For $89 dollars, I'll be at the Westin next time.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Ciaranamow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Perimeter Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area
Comfort Suites Perimeter Center
Comfort Suites Perimeter Center
#10 of 10 in Sandy Springs

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive? Share your experiences!