“Not bad but not overly impressed...”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive
Ranked #152 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta
“Not bad but not overly impressed...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is not a horrible review and i want to give a special shout-out to two of the property managers - Phyllis and Betty. You see, my experience was around 3am and unlike other hotel chains with round the clock staff and available open lobbies, Extended Stay/Homestead Suites have office hours for their lobby. And these two ladies were on-call at two of the properties I went to and helped me out tremendously. So thank you ladies! :-)

Now, let's talk about that part and why it made me a tad frustrated. I was traveling this weekend and ended up on the North side of Atlanta at about 3am and I didn't feel I could safely travel 30 minutes back to the SW side to my home. Extended Stay is one of the hotels that our company has listed as a preferred location for travelers. We have a lot of people that are heavy travelers so it's best to know what spots to lay one's head. I had a free night certificate so I decided to use it and used the one near my work location. Due to their 9 to 5p (ish) hours once you get there, there is an emergency phone bat phone (ha ha moment) that you have to use to call customer service on-call to find out if they have vacancies. I was familiar with the area I was in so I was kind of ok with the situation but I could just imagine a traveler not familiar in the area being extra upset. Of course, i'm sure that a traveler with a reservation would get all of the hours of operation information they needed to make sure they got there on time but things happen, planes get delayed and that would just be something extra to add to the list of extra things to do once you got there.

Inside the room was ok. It's a basic kitchenette setup with a bed, nice TV, adequate bath and one plus for me - great water pressure and very hot water! Loved it!

So as my title states, not a bad experience but I was not wowed. If i was staying somewhere for an extended period of time and I had a choice, I'm not sure I'd go running to their properties BUT if my company just happen to choose it for me I would mind it that much.

If you are looking for a clean place to lay your head for an extended out-of-town stay this place is ok.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nichiel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

I have stayed in Extended Stay hotels previously - some were satisfactory to good but some really crap. But I should say that the experience at this Extended Stay chain's Homestead Suites hotel was overall good with a pleasant surprise the new remake of the Extended Stay Brand.
This hotel is very close(walk-able distance) from Publix which was a plus point for me.
Room was good with new and comfortable bedding and the newly branded bath and hand soaps were really refreshing. The only thing I felt that was lacking was a good or at least decent kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Rest was simply good at the price. Not a bad value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank jamping
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Motel area was clean and well maintained. Front Desk very helpful, Cab company on call was prompt, clean.

For an kitchenette room, supplies were lacking. I had to ask for glasses and cups. No cooking supplies. No Kleenex in room. Bathtub was stained but very clean.

from the parking lot, the motel was pretty full, but nice and quiet. I like soft beds, so I'm not the one to rate, but this was moderately comfortable.

Room Tip: Three buildings - I was in the back. Nice & quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank maryg98
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Atlanta - Perimeter. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

ontario, canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband was staying in this hotel for a bushiness trip. His work had selected it because its a "long term stay" setup. I found it clean and well located. There is a grocery store and restaurants within walking distance. The room had a small kitchenette and small eating area. The hotel is not overly fancy and does not have a lot of perks like a gym or pool. But its clean and located near the Perimeter mall. The area was also great for walking around and seemed pretty safe.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Taralynne
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Atlanta - Perimeter. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Swindon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

I booked this Hotel through Priceline – and to be honest, having read the reviews on Trip Advisor before me I was genuinely concerned. However, my experience was entirely different to that of most of the reviewers on here.

I stayed at the Homestead Studio Suites in Atlanta in the Perimeter area for four days and was very happy with my stay here.

I found the room clean, spacious, with a nice bathroom area and decent kitchen utilities – a couple of pans, toaster, microwave, fridge and freezer and grill area.

The TV provided was 32 inch LG LED, no complaints. The bed provided was a little tougher than I’m used to, however, I slept like a baby each night. The air conditioning was good.
I paid for a two star – and I got a good two star experience.

I think some people on here have unrealistic expectations, personally I found it decent value for the price I paid. My only grievance was that the laundry facilities were closed at the time of writing.

I certainly wouldn’t want to be paying the “door advertised” $100 a night, however, if you can pick this hotel up for an affordable price and are happy with somewhere where you can rest your head in a clean environment. Then, this hotel is fine.

This hotel is a 10 minute walk from the Dunwoody subway station – it’s also in a safe area of Atlanta unlike my experience of downtown. Costco is a 10 minute walk away, and there is a Dominos Pizza, Arbys, supermarket and Pharmacy right around the corner – literally around the corner. Wal-Mart and Target is one metro stop north.

Bottom line – I found this to be a clean, comfortable base in which to rest and cook whilst exploring Atlanta. I’m rating this 4 “good” as for the money I paid, for the value received I felt like I got good value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank DannyOffer
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed in this place for 2 weeks, the staff is peculiarly rude. They don't understand the meaning of hospitality. Given the fact it's an extended stay, still the front desk, housekeeping is expected to be a little polite. On my check out day since my flight was in the afternoon I requested for an hour extension given the fact that their check out timings are 11 am, but, inspite of my requests and over looking the fact that I had already been there for 2 weeks, they rudely turned down the request. Special mention of the lady at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank pgsmh1
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. As this hotel's Manager, I have spoken with housekeeping and the rest of the staff to ensure that a situation like yours does not happen again.

Tifton, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Found two cockroaches, bed was basically springs and a sheet of cotton. No shampoo, and the was no drain stopper (PROBABLY WHERE THE COCKROACHES CAME FROM) i kept on waking up every hour just make sure that there were no bug on or around me. "PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE" luckily they were able to refund my second night. not worth it

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

I am truly sorry to read about the situation you experienced while staying at our hotel. We are routinely praised for our service, cleanliness, rooms, and exceptional rates, so it is with the utmost seriousness that I regard your comments. I can assure you that your remarks will be fully researched and all results will produce prompt actions by our management team. As a company, we will continue to make offering clean, comfortable hotel suites at affordable rates our priority.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Perimeter Center
Comfort Suites Perimeter Center
Comfort Suites Perimeter Center
#10 of 10 in Sandy Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N-Perimeter Mall Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Medical

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Hammond Drive? Share your experiences!