“No lotion in the rooms”
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #83 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is a big hotel with alot going on. The locations was good. After checking in I wanted to put some lotion on my dry hands. Guess what this Hilton does not have hand lotion in the rooms or in the housekeeping carts. Interesting. Next I was off to print a document and fax it. The printers were out of paper and ink. I told the concierge retrieved paper and printed the document on another printer. Went to fax and would you believe it's $3.00 for the first page and $2.00 for every page after that. Wow. The next day I had to go back down and print another document. Guess what no one changed the printer cartridge. And no one cared when I told them. The room was okay, carpet had spots. The hallway they had a fancy big vacuum in a corner of the hallway but the hallway I was down never got vacuumed. Would I return, there are many hotels n downtown Atlanta so I would probably try another one first before going back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank you for your honest feedback. We sincerely apologize that our property did not meet your needs. We'll be sure to work with our team to correct the issues you mentioned and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future. If there is anything I can do for you, please contact me directly. Thank you again for your comments.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,993)

Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

I booked this on Hotwire and was exited that I got the Hilton . After reading reviews I was worried that I was going to get the worse room in the hotel because of booking on Hotwire. WRONG! The view was amazing. The staff was nice and I don't know if it was our location but we were able to get free wifi for most of the stay. The one thing I would say is to save your money and go to CVS near peach tree center they have huger 50 oz smart water bottles for 2.49! The marketplace was charging $4 dollars for tiny bottles! Would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Opened in 1978 ... parts of it look like it hasn't changed since then - but seem to always offer a good rate so high on my value scale.

Perhaps silly but the beds are GREAT ... mattress, duvet, pillows - the whole deal.

Room Tip: lots of places to eat walking distance away - GREAT Irish pub 3 blocks away - Meehan's
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
hiltonatl, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our property! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was looking for a nice hotel and didn't want to pay a lot of money so I took the risk of booking blind on hotwire. Thought I had gotten lucky because most Hiltons are pretty nice. The Hilton Atlanta is an exception. It must have been great 20-25 years ago when all the elevators worked and the rooms weren't worn out. I always check the hinges on the bathroom door- if they're painted over the hotel is way past its prime. Anyway I had a good night's sleep and the view from my window was nice. The Honors desk check-in was slower than the regular one. The self parking was $22 and it took about 20 minutes to walk from my car's subterranean tomb to the check-in desk. I won't be back at Hilton Atlanta anytime soon but I still love Hilton properties overall.

Room Tip: As always- go as high up as you can.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I will never...I mean NEVER book at a downtown Atlanta property again without checking to see if there are conventions going on during my stay...O-M-G...the MOMOCON group (google it) had invaded the property and i swear I felt that I was in a really bad movie... I can't begin to describe the cast of characters that were trolling around in full regalia ... I saw everything from a girl with a full size satellite dish strapped to her head, to a man wrapped head to toe in plastic...unbelievable...just unbelievable...I'm sure most of them were just enjoying their convention but most are young and riding up/down the elevators was apparently one form of recreation for them.

I was there for my niece's wedding or I would have immediately checked out. My family had a block of rooms booked on the executive floor (several of us are Diamond with Hilton)...but you couldn't GET to the 27th floor in under 30 minutes and had to risk being stampeded in the lobby every time an elevator door opened.

Thankfully my sister in law and brother connected with the concierge who rescued us from this nightmare by allowing us to use the service elevator next to the executive lounge. We would have literally been late to the wedding otherwise. Don't know his name but he was a huge help for the family and reserved the Presidential suite for the newlyweds which was such a nice thing to do!

Oh-by the way- my Diamond status got me nowhere on arrival since valet parking was full . After recent knee surgery I was in no condition to walk long distances so we tried the parking garage under the hotel - dark, scary, and completely full but after circling multiple times we scored a spot and did not move the car until time to check out Sunday. Good grief.

Once we managed to get to our floor, the executive lounge was a great meeting place in the middle of all of our rooms, and the rooms themselves were very clean and renovated pretty recently. Breakfast and snacks in the lounge saved more trips through the gauntlet in the lobby.

After the wedding , my brother had arranged to have some drinks and food delivered to the executive lounge for the out of town wedding guests, and we were sitting there relaxing with the bride and groom enjoying the evening when two surly security guards came and told us we had to move to the lobby. We explained we had planned the gathering there and that we were trying to ESCAPE the craziness in the lobby...they finally agreed to allow us to stay until midnight if we would be quiet...REALLY? I literally could not believe they had the nerve to say WE were making noise.

Anyway not a complete disaster but darn close for someone who is used to being treated very well by Hiltons all over. I did use points for this stay or I would really have been unhappy.

I know the hotels make a ton from conventions but when it is a group such as this, they really should let their premium business guests know in case we want to alter our plans.

Not a great tel experience but the wedding was beautiful !

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas for improvement. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we certainly do encourage, for guests comfort and safety, that they contact the front office so we can calm the issue. I apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I normally love hilton and in fact am a gold level honors member. I think after today I will be leaving for Marriott or Sheraton or somewhere that takes care of its guests. I have had a horrendous experience at this hotel today. When I booked the rooms I specifically called the hotel rather than booking online in order to emphasize that I needed all 3 rooms close together. This lets me put the kids to sleep and sit in another room with the monitor, rather than the hallway where I am now sitting. When we got here a half hour early they checked us into one room. That was nice. But then when check in time hit they were unable to put us in the other rooms because they were not clean. By the way I was sitting on the hall and knew almost all the rooms were clean. Anyhow they told me we were assigned the room across the hall and the one next door. But they would only give me keys for the one across the hall. They tolde
We were checked in for next door as well and could pick up the keys later. By the time we got back and stood in the one again they told us all the rooms on the hall were gone. Of course I am now sitting in the hall and can see people arriving to rooms. I went to complain and they said too bad, don't know what happened, can't do anything. Ridiculous. So much for customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013

I appreciate your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. I apologize for the room assignment not meeting your expectations as comfort and safety is my highest priority for our guests. While room type requests cannot be met every time, I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team to ensure that we take the steps necessary to keep incidents like this to a minimum. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area, we would love to have another chance to provide a great stay for you.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This was a huge Hilton, with many guests and lackluster service. The front desk seemed bothered with ym check-in. The room is modern, but you can tell it was superficial. Popcorn cielings, parking in a basement that was a little scary, older elevators, etc. Stayed because it was a good deal with Hilton points.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.