“service”
Review of Hilton Atlanta

Hilton Atlanta
Ranked #82 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Service does not compare to other Hilton hotels, felt judged and not trusted when checking in. What is the purpose of being a Diamond member when you are not treated fairly. Confusing lobby, unpleasant check in.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R
Write a ReviewReviews (3,770)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was quite apprehensive after reading some of the reviews. Check-in was very friendly, thanks to the lovely Christina. Staff were generally really friendly and helpful aside from the eating places which seemed to be staffed by people who were either surely or had 'attitude'. So, better eat somewhere else. The location is a little far from tourist attractions and those who said that it is frightening after dark are right. However, the hotel is located right next to other very good hotels, so this is no badland, and there is a connection to METRA through the Peachtree Centre and the Marriott. My room was very spacious - the bed was really comfy. My bathroom was fine - some parts of the hotel are a little dated but I found my room perfectly fine and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I come to Atlanta for times a year, styling for a full week each time. Unfortunately I have to come when the Gift market is in full throttle and have to pay full price through the nose for our accommodations. This trip, however was not during market. Since I am marginally familiar with many of the four star hotels here, I decided to use Priceline and see if I could save a bit of money. I felt fortunate when the the four star Hilton picked up my bid even though I'd never stayed on this property. I thought this was a great way to taste test the property and possibly book this for the next market instead of my favorite Hyatt Regency or Hyatt Place as my fall back. Well I couldn't be more disappointed. They were not full at all (I asked at check in) but was assigned a room that is need of serious remodeling. The bathroom was horrible. The dinky sink vanity measured 27" square. (What kind of four star hotel has such a dinky sink?)the air conditioner/ heater sounded clunky and noisy like the kind I've experience in old motels. The toilet ran constantly and both my husband and I kept getting up to try to adjust it. Complaints to the front desk yielded no help. Now maybe this is the crappy room they save for Priceline customers but too bad for them, I will strike this off my list as a place to stay on my full price visits during market.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We arrived at 8am (flew all night from west coast) - we were given our rooms. The desk clerk was very accommodating. After putting our luggage away, we had a nice breakfast at the hotel and then took a long nap. The room was very quiet and bed comfortable. We had dinner at the same restaurant - both experiences were pleasant, food very tasty. The concierge was very helpful - they were busy because the hotel had a lot of guests attending the SEC football championship. The only hitch was at about midnight there were noisy guests in the hallway- but as soon as they got into their room all was quiet. We were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

It's hurts me to say that I don't recommend this property. I'm a big fan overall of Hilton Worldwide but the indifference of the front desk is just unbearable. Even the front desk manager was at most just bothered. Waited 20 minutes for security to escort me back to my room after my key failed 5 times. Female security was uncaring and annoyed having to take me back up.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Hilton Atlanta was conveniently located to downtown Atlanta's major attractions and MARTA stations. All the staff was extremely nice and the breakfast in Southern Elements was amazing! Only negative is that the parking garage was dimly lit and filled with trash.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Hilton Atlanta has a beautiful skyline view. The hotel is clean and staff are friendly. Unfortunately the expensive breakfast buffet was lukewarm, the internet fee should have been free, the valet fee is high, and the pet friendliness is a negative too. They often have specials which is why I returned again for my Thanksgiving stay. However, I am not sure if I will return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family